SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   Leo Vince Full System anyone ??? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/leo-vince-full-system-anyone-30964/)

Firestorm996 08-16-2013 05:17 AM

Leo Vince Full System anyone ???

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys, its been a while since i posted here, but i HAVE TO ask if anyone heared about a Full Exhaust System from Leo Vince before...
This is what i just bought from a guy in Italy, waiting for it to arrive in a week or two.
I was really puzzled when i saw it the first time, didnt even know it exists...and when it was up for sale i hit the button immediately.
From the pic it looks quite interesting, all the pieces are held in place by springs, the section where the front and rear pipes meet is open without restrictions.

Well, i have to wait until it arrives, the bike is in the workshop anyway, undergoing some major modifications...;)

NHSH 08-16-2013 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Firestorm996 (Post 361005)
Hi guys, its been a while since i posted here, but i HAVE TO ask if anyone heared about a Full Exhaust System from Leo Vince before...
This is what i just bought from a guy in Italy, waiting for it to arrive in a week or two.
I was really puzzled when i saw it the first time, didnt even know it exists...and when it was up for sale i hit the button immediately.
From the pic it looks quite interesting, all the pieces are held in place by springs, the section where the front and rear pipes meet is open without restrictions.

Well, i have to wait until it arrives, the bike is in the workshop anyway, undergoing some major modifications...;)

It looks a bit like the Indigo full system, also connected with springs, do you have picture of the cans?

Firestorm996 08-16-2013 08:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I bought only what you see in the pic, i will fit the cans i already have (GPR Race Carbon).
I could also get a set of sidepanels, prepared for a Naked conversion, that way i can keep the radiators in place and have them covered...;)

Tweety 08-16-2013 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by NHSH (Post 361007)
It looks a bit like the Indigo full system, also connected with springs, do you have picture of the cans?

Well... Since Indigo = LeoVince, it really should look the same... It was Indigo in the states, and LeoVince in the rest of the world...

Firestorm996 08-16-2013 11:38 AM

ohh ok, didnt know that :)

So anyone has or had it? Experiences, recommendations?

captainchaos 08-16-2013 01:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is an Indigo full system. Not sure what you've got there...

Firestorm996 08-16-2013 01:09 PM

Well, i bought a LeoVince which is supposed to be Indigo in the US. But it definitely looks a lot different though...i will dig a bit into it, actually i could call LeoVince to find out more facts. This is getting interesting, will keep you posted.

FTL900 08-16-2013 01:53 PM

I have a Leo Vince Ti on my VFR, but I don't know much about it. It was on the bike when I bought it.

lloydievtr 08-16-2013 02:15 PM

i like it and if you sell it make sure its to me please ;-)

Firestorm996 08-16-2013 03:03 PM

Where is my friend Mikstr, he is the canadian VTR Wikipedia lol...sure he could shed some more light on it :)

mikstr 08-16-2013 03:35 PM

You called? lol

well, it has no balancing pipes (which Akra, M4, Yoshimura and Indigo have.... I had a look at pics I have of the Arrow, TBR and Mori systems and the collector doesn't like any of them... I am stumped.

There are numerous companies in Japan which make/made exhaust systems for the VTR. Have a look here:
http://japan.webike.net/ps/#!p.m=308&p.c=1002&p.sk=1

P.S. Hi Pete :)

Mikael 08-16-2013 06:13 PM

Could we make a post that would name and have pics of the various full systems/headers that were offered for the VTR. Kind of a knowledge base of exhausts in case people want to know what they have? Just an idea.
Really like that Indigo exhaust you have there captainchaos

CruxGNZ 08-16-2013 06:53 PM

That exhaust looks like a couple I have seen done by motorcycle shops. Custom job.

Firestorm996 08-17-2013 03:37 AM

All i can say for now is that i bought it from a guy in Italy and he claims having bought it from the LeoVince factory.

Just coming off the phone with LeoVince in Italy, they asked me to forward the foto to them and said they will forward it to the corresponding dept. to try to identify it...very helpful and friendly people.

The box should arrive next week and hopefully i will have an answer from LeoVince soon...will keep you posted.

PS: Tnx Mikstr, i was checking the website, but couldnt find anything close to what i bought...lol. The seller is running a GPR full system on his VTR, so i can discard that option as well. Am really curious what i have there...:D

Firestorm996 09-15-2013 08:19 AM

Update.

LeoVince responded, seems i got one of their handmade SP1/SP2 factory race systems. They sent me the technical drawings, i am waiting for the Spec sheet.
More info to come soon.

jerryh 09-15-2013 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Firestorm996 (Post 362429)
Update.

LeoVince responded, seems i got one of their handmade SP1/SP2 factory race systems. They sent me the technical drawings, i am waiting for the Spec sheet.
More info to come soon.

Not many of those floating around!

RobertLever 09-15-2013 10:09 AM

I rode an SV1000S with Leo Vince cans and it was loud and made good power, but the bike was quite rough at low rpm. Poorly synced throttle bodies I think.

lloydievtr 09-15-2013 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Firestorm996 (Post 362429)
Update.

More info to come soon.

shame its not for the hawk .

Firestorm996 09-15-2013 11:29 AM

@ jerryh
True, they only made them on request and they are discontinued long time already.
The italian guy i bought it from had it stored a few years without mounting it on his own bike and finally decided to get rid of the parts he had in his cellar.
When i found it on the italian Ebay, it was posted in a totally wrong category and the starting bid was 99 Euro which is approx. 130 USD and thats what i payed for in the end. :p

Firestorm996 09-15-2013 11:32 AM

@ lloydievtr

It will fit on the Hawk.;)

jerryh 09-15-2013 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Firestorm996 (Post 362436)
@ jerryh
True, they only made them on request and they are discontinued long time already.
The italian guy i bought it from had it stored a few years without mounting it on his own bike and finally decided to get rid of the parts he had in his cellar.
When i found it on the italian Ebay, it was posted in a totally wrong category and the starting bid was 99 Euro which is approx. 130 USD and thats what i payed for in the end. :p

Yeah baby!!!

Stumpy 09-15-2013 04:01 PM

If it does fit the hawk maybe we could get the dimensions and have exhaust shops make them for us just a thought.

Firestorm996 09-17-2013 01:39 AM

I dont see a reason why it should not fit on a Hawk, the dimensions are in a PDF file, but there are no data like length and bent of every individual piece. Anyway if anyone want take a look at it, pm me and i send the file via email.
@ Admin If you want put it in the database, let me know and i send it to you.

Cheers
Peter

msethhunter 09-17-2013 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by mikstr (Post 361043)
There are numerous companies in Japan which make/made exhaust systems for the VTR. Have a look here:
Motorcycle Parts & Accessories from Japan - Webike

JESUS! Those cost more than I paid for my whole bike!