Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Electrical short/reg problem...not stock

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Superstock

redman is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Electrical short/reg problem...not stock

OK, I am installing a reg/rect from an 2006 R1. Got it to fit, checked wiring schematics for both the R1 and my VTR. It seems very obvious which wire goes where. Red/wht of VTR is hot and the Grn is neg. Double Grn wire with grommet is bolted to reg and thus ground. Hooked it all up and popped the main fuse. Did it again and popped another. Started checking everything and all looks good. Got out tester and I am getting almost no resistance between pos and neg terminals of R1 reg/rect.....that can't be right. I did most of this last night and so now can't find the stock VTR reg to check IT. Any ideas???
Old 07-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Superstock

redman is on a distinguished road
OK...more data...very carefule checking with ohmmeter from hot spade to neg spade of R1 RR shows a spike towards no resistance but immediately drops to zero and further touches of connector immediately afterwards show little to no flow. If I wait a minute and check again it spikes again and then the same drop in continuity...what the hell???
Still can't find that dang VTR RR to see if it does the same. #$%^&*. I've looked in the trash, the recycling, the car, all my boxes of bike stuff etc etc. AAACK!