SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   Jardine or Leo Vince Slipons? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/jardine-leo-vince-slipons-20888/)

easton24 11-28-2009 07:16 PM

Jardine or Leo Vince Slipons?

I am looking at getting some high mount slip on exhausts for my 2002. I have noticed in a few photos on the forum, SH's with Jardines. How do you like them? Any thing that you dont like about them? Does anyone have the leo vinces? If so how are they? How is the sound?

Thanks

captainchaos 11-28-2009 09:50 PM

I've had the round black powdercoat jardines, and now have high carbon leo's. The round black jardines are no longer made, so it's a matter of getting lucky here or on ebay or craigslist. For the money they're really nice. The mids are chrome and are a little skinny compared to other brands. They sound nice, but not as deep as most others. The black powdercoat can is also nice. The leo's are a really nice pipe. The quality is great, they look awesome, and they sound awesome too. Then again it's pretty hard to make a superhawk sound bad. They also sit higher than the Jardines and have a larger diameter stainless midpipe. The carbon LV's do cost about twice as much. An oval carbon Jardine set is probably comparable to the LV's, both in price and quality. But I don't think my carbon LV's are available anymore either...I don't think you'd be disappointed with either. It's going to come down to a matter of your personal taste and whichever you like the looks of better, and which you can get your hands on for the right price. Good luck and welcome aboard.

uchi 11-29-2009 05:17 AM

I started off with stock pipes. Then drilled 4 holes in each can which sounded ok. A little bit like air sputtering. Then brought it up to 11 holes per can and she sounded great. Everyone commented on it. Then I bought the black jardine high mounts and the sound was fantastic. A good deal louder than the stock drilled cans but not loud to where it pisses you off much. But it has a nice growl to it and its very throaty. Fast forward a little. Now those jardines have been shortened about 5 inches. Multiply the original sound by 5 or more. Very loud. Very throaty. Very mean sounding. It sounds fantastic now. Has a clean sound to it but its also very unique. Like top fuel dragster unique. Lol.

mboe794 11-29-2009 09:33 AM

I took exactly five and a half inches off my Jardines and the difference in sound level was very small. Nowhwere near 5x. Not even 2x. Just a little bit louder and a different, more crisp note. Mainly I just think they look a lot better when they are not hanging off the back of the bike so much.

finepooch 11-29-2009 09:35 AM

leo vince for sure.

finepooch 11-29-2009 09:38 AM

sorry to the jardine owners out there, nothing wrong with the jardines!!! i like jardines but my fav is leo vince. they will be my next pipe.

a few years ago i bought arrows for my old gixxer 1k. it was a nice pipe and i'd recommend them. a year later my friend bought leos for his zx10. i was jealous of them!!! the quality, fit and finish, beuatiful. and that pipe sure sounded nice.

johndb 11-29-2009 10:22 AM

I heartily recommend the Leo Vince CF high mounts if you can find a set. Va Va Voom !

uchi 11-29-2009 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by mboe794 (Post 244633)
I took exactly five and a half inches off my Jardines and the difference in sound level was very small. Nowhwere near 5x. Not even 2x. Just a little bit louder and a different, more crisp note. Mainly I just think they look a lot better when they are not hanging off the back of the bike so much.

sorry should have mentioned the inside was also modified on mine a little bu my budy who cut them down for me. trust me when i say shes alot louder than when it was just the original length cans. :)

id fire her up before they were cut and modded and it was nice and clean but nowhere near the ear rattling chest shaking sound that they offer now :)

easton24 11-29-2009 04:37 PM

I was leaning toward the leo's. I cant find any cf ones so they would have to be aluminum. The jardines look nice too and are about 120 cheaper than the equiv leo v's. But I just didnt want to buy them and have buyers remorse because I hear some leo v's on a Sunday morning ride. I also found some two brother's at a good price but cant get past the look of them.

Thanks for all the replys
Nelson

salmanilla2000 11-30-2009 06:23 PM

I have standard mount Leos and they sound great, but I want them high mounted, but unfortunitly Leo Vince doesn't make high mount mids anymore for the SH. So now I'm thinking of buying high mount Devils. I haven't heard a Devil in person, only on video (and almost all exhaust sound the same on video).

uchi 11-30-2009 06:54 PM

Why not buy some cheap high mounts. Put your cans into their mounting hardware and sell the others off as mid mounts?

salmanilla2000 12-01-2009 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by uchi (Post 244837)
Why not buy some cheap high mounts. Put your cans into their mounting hardware and sell the others off as mid mounts?

Maybe. I'm thinking of taking my bike to a shop and have them fabricate the mids, but who knows. I change my mind on what I want to do everyday.

mboe794 12-01-2009 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by uchi (Post 244643)
sorry should have mentioned the inside was also modified on mine a little bu my budy who cut them down for me. trust me when i say shes alot louder than when it was just the original length cans. :)

id fire her up before they were cut and modded and it was nice and clean but nowhere near the ear rattling chest shaking sound that they offer now :)

I'm curious now how you made them so much louder. Did they have a street baffle and you removed it? On the race baffle version there is nothing to mod. I can see straight through mine.

nnjhawk02 12-01-2009 12:24 PM

Nah - what about Erion's?

I don't have high mounts - but mine have been on my since '02 - even had a low side with them & they held up fine - sound good - not too loud.

uchi 12-01-2009 01:18 PM

Mboe. Gixxerjohn modded them for me. I sent him the link he said he'd reply when he got home later today. He can explain better what he did to them :)

skoshere 12-01-2009 01:57 PM

the jardines sound whinney to me, like little farts!!! not a fan. go with Leo's

uchi 12-01-2009 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by skoshere (Post 244944)
the jardines sound whinney to me, like little farts!!! not a fan. go with Leo's

not after you shorten them :D they made my gf leave the area, haha.

id have to hear the leos on a hawk to get an idea of how they sound, my buddy has them on his vfr800 and theyre very quiet and the sound is ok but nothing that turn your head if it goes whipping past you

finepooch 12-01-2009 02:21 PM

my buddy's leo(the one i'm jealous of) are alum and they look great. low mount is good too. no offense but i find the high mounts are very nice but might be a bit too "laddie boy" for my tastes. i guess i like both.

Barch 12-01-2009 02:37 PM

My '03 came with Jardine high-mounts already installed. I might look elsewhere if they needed to be replaced, but I'm perfectly happy with them now. They sound great -sort of a FloMaster deep sound and they look good on the bike. No complaints here.
You might want to think about if you ever want to put any larger bags on before you consider high-mounts.
Good luck,
Brian

Vega (streetfighter) 12-01-2009 02:41 PM

My leos have a great rumble to them. You would not be disapointed with them.

gixxerjohn 12-01-2009 04:05 PM

id have to say that uchi's can's are flipping loud, at about 4500 rpm they have to be one of the loudest can's i have ever heard lol, but still maintain a nice low rumble at idle and light throttle

as for modding them, when you cut the can's down, the baffle has its own lil lips we could say, just bending them up a lil bit changes the sound the can's produce.... simple but effective

uchi 12-01-2009 05:31 PM

haha yup, ignorantly loud, but they have a real deep low sound to them. ill be sure to attract the attention of those who i shouldnt be attracting :D

8541Hawk 12-01-2009 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by finepooch (Post 244953)
my buddy's leo(the one i'm jealous of) are alum and they look great. low mount is good too. no offense but i find the high mounts are very nice but might be a bit too "laddie boy" for my tastes. i guess i like both.

Well they do look pretty good but they are only for looks as the header hits in right hand turns before the low mounts touch down and you also loose a couple of Hp by lengthening the exhaust system.

That's why I run low mounts.....:D

easton24 12-03-2009 08:15 PM

I went ahead and ordered the leo's. Early Christmas present to me. Woohoo

easton24 12-12-2009 05:17 PM

I had some erion high mounts on a rc 51 I used to have. They sounded great. I had looked at there site but they only had newer model sportbike exhaust listed. I recieved and installed the leo high mounts I ordered. They are nice and sound great. There is nothing like opening up a box and everything is labeled in italian. Did anyone use the restrictor plates? I didnt try them. Just wondered how much of a difference they make sound wise.