SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   Installed my new MRA windshield, LOVE IT!!! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/installed-my-new-mra-windshield-love-25069/)

Letsrideinsc 03-30-2011 04:34 PM

Installed my new MRA windshield, LOVE IT!!!

2 Attachment(s)
I can't believe I waited 12 years to install this. It's not perfect as there are tabs that don't line up under where mirrors attach. Grind off and your golden! Purchased online through Twisted throttle.

uchi 03-30-2011 04:56 PM

holy crap bro thats fucken huge. make sure if you hit the brakes hard you hold your head up so it doesnt cut it off, lol.

ive got one of those on my track bike its being modified with a grinder one day soon

CrankenFine 03-30-2011 05:31 PM

I like the tank protector. What brand is that?

Letsrideinsc 03-30-2011 07:49 PM

It's a cheapo lockhart Phillips.

Wolverine 03-31-2011 02:37 PM

WOW that is huge. Just my personal preference but I think it would look better tinted black. I like my double bubble but I bet that gives even more wind protection. Do you get any turbulence?

On a side note, wanna trade exhaust? :)

Letsrideinsc 03-31-2011 03:02 PM

Yes, no doubt it's big. But with my being 6'4" it could stand to be even bigger! I don't experience hardly any buffeting in comparison to my ol' double bubble. The Double bubble looks nice, but sucks in comparison while riding. I can turn to look at my blind spot without any wind catching under my helmet, it's a pleasure to commute with. Windnoise is decreased also! I somewhat agree, the smoke may look better, I had the smoke dbl bbl on before, I was thinking of doing some filming through the windshield soon, thus the clear.

I like my cans, and I've never seen another set on the vtr's so I'm going to keep em. They are super light too. Thanks for offer.

Originally Posted by 97Wolverine (Post 297484)
WOW that is huge. Just my personal preference but I think it would look better tinted black. I like my double bubble but I bet that gives even more wind protection. Do you get any turbulence?

On a side note, wanna trade exhaust? :)

Mattaua 03-31-2011 03:03 PM

yeah, do tell how the wind protection is. I've had a double bubble since I bought my hawk but I'm kinda tall and it doesn't do that much to keep the wind off my helmet at high speed, I agree it's not the best looking windscreen I have ever seen but functionality usually prevails over style for me.

ok, must have posted at the same time as the post above me, question answered! thanks. how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking? I'm sorta in the market for a new screen.

bluestreak 03-31-2011 03:16 PM

Looks good to me. I am going to look into one.

Letsrideinsc 03-31-2011 03:51 PM

Price was 106 or 109, plus shipping. FYI, It's imported from Germany so it took 3 weeks from twistedtrottle.com

Originally Posted by Mattaua (Post 297489)
yeah, do tell how the wind protection is. I've had a double bubble since I bought my hawk but I'm kinda tall and it doesn't do that much to keep the wind off my helmet at high speed, I agree it's not the best looking windscreen I have ever seen but functionality usually prevails over style for me.

ok, must have posted at the same time as the post above me, question answered! thanks. how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking? I'm sorta in the market for a new screen.

smokinjoe73 03-31-2011 09:33 PM

Wait a minute, 12 years of waiting? Were you in jail/ on crack or something. (joking). I do understand as I have that screen & dont know how I lived w/o it. I ride year round & also put artic cat hand guards on.

Erik S. 04-01-2011 08:11 AM

Too big for me, even at 6'2". A double bubble puts the wind at my shoulders and helps hold me up, less weight on the wrists. I can tuck behind the double bubble.

IF, this bike had an (even) more upright position, I wouldn't mind this windscreen, however, with the forward lean, this is not for me.

As Hawk says, YMMV.

Letsrideinsc 04-01-2011 03:42 PM

It's for us long arm/torso folks who ride hundreds of miles, grip the bike with the legs and can relax. BTW, the screen is actually further forward than the double bubble! There's tons of room to tuck in behind and even see through. There's a concept. It's not for everybody.

Originally Posted by Erik S. (Post 297545)
Too big for me, even at 6'2". A double bubble puts the wind at my shoulders and helps hold me up, less weight on the wrists. I can tuck behind the double bubble.

IF, this bike had an (even) more upright position, I wouldn't mind this windscreen, however, with the forward lean, this is not for me.

As Hawk says, YMMV.

fred 04-07-2011 06:48 AM

if the bike flips over, that could keep your tank from getting damaged :-)
i like those Muzzy's. they look really sharp. how do they sound?

Letsrideinsc 04-09-2011 12:35 PM

They sound great. I get many compliments on how they sound, as we all do with these bikes. Best sounding twin, aside from a rc. IMO These are from 2000 when muzzy disco'd em', The finish quality is top notch.

Originally Posted by fred (Post 298179)
if the bike flips over, that could keep your tank from getting damaged :-)
i like those Muzzy's. they look really sharp. how do they sound?

the1bolton 04-23-2011 03:22 PM

I have a pet parrot... and that windscreen just reminds me of her 100%

I will have to investigate getting one of those just to copy her and make her confused...

(not my parrot, but same species/breed)
http://static.gotpetsonline.com/pict...atiel-0138.jpg

BTW, the double bubble I have was an improvement over stock in that it keeps me slightly warmer because the wind hits me farther up. Unfortunately, for smaller guys (or at least for me at 5' 10") the double bubble dumps 90% of the wind into the faceshield of my helmet. I don't spend much time on the highway but when I do it's loud and anoying.

I am seriously changing to a new windscreen... yet again lol

smokinjoe73 04-23-2011 08:29 PM

Hey that super HAWK not super parrot. I think few riders understand that its function over fashion. It looks good because it works good not the other way around. This is someone doing something because it improves funtionality of the bike, not the bling, for that you should be on an R1 with angle eyes. (yes I know thats the joke)