SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   I KNOW... Watter Wetter Question; "Flush out every 3 months??" (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/i-know-watter-wetter-question%3B-flush-out-every-3-months-33466/)

Gabe 08-25-2015 06:15 PM

I KNOW... Watter Wetter Question; "Flush out every 3 months??"

Ok So ive done my research on the SH forum and looked for the answer and cant find it...

Im a big fan of water wetter and used to use it in my 1998 SH. It absolutely did run cooler.

My buddy flushed out my coolant but left a small percentage of coolant in there; id say about 15% or so, so "It can lubricate the water pump since water wetter doesnt have any lubricants", ( I could have sworn WW has lubricants in it for the water pump seals, etc) i personally wanted to run it 50/50 [distilled water and water wetter, I'll be most likely doing that on the next flush though]

Of course bike is running so much cooler now. But he informed me that I need to flush out the system every 3 months and it will be a constant process. WTF??? I assumed like coolant i could keep it in there for 2 years and then flush it out. He informed me that it wont lubricate the water pump and seals so I will be probably flushing out rusty water on the first flush.

So since he isnt a big fan of Water wetter is he messing with me or whats going on???

BTW im not a track guy and not changing it for track use, its just for Street use only... Just runs so much cooler on street.

2nd What happens if you OVERPOUR water wetter in your system??? For example 3/4 of the bottle in the system?? Read its worse to Overpour than Underpour..

Again thanxs so much for all the help guys.

thedeatons 08-25-2015 07:16 PM

Call Red Line, ask for an engineer. They will transfer you to a real person here in the USA.

They will answer your questions truthfully. They are real nice there :)

James

Gabe 08-25-2015 08:58 PM

Yeah i could do that......

Q) What happens if you put to much water wetter in your cooling system???
A) Absolutely nothing BUY MORE of our product and put more in!

Q) Does Water Wetter lubricate water pump and seals??
A) Absofukenlutely BUY MORE of our product and put more in there...

Yeah i trust the opinions and experience of the cats on this forum than the F** YOU BUY ME corporate basttards...

So with that said, anyone with experience and knowledge on this subject please put your feedback on here, i greatly appreciate it.

Thanxs again.

CruxGNZ 08-25-2015 09:54 PM

As far as I know, Water Wetter breaks the surface tension. It helps transfer heat. If you race your bike, Water Wetter helps keep your bike cool without the antifreeze. If you ride on the street with Water Wetter, you also need the antifreeze for lubrication.

Water Wetter does not have any corrosion inhibitors, as far as I know. That's probably why your buddy said you would see "rusty water on the first flush".

Why do you think you need Water Wetter?

Jack Flash 08-26-2015 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Gabe (Post 389838)

Yeah i trust the opinions and experience of the cats on this forum than the F** YOU BUY ME corporate basttards...

So with that said, anyone with experience and knowledge on this subject please put your feedback on here, i greatly appreciate it.

Thanxs again.

Biting off James' suggestion will not help you get anywhere. You may chose not to believe the tech help you may get, but it doesn't take away the fact that his suggestion to call Red Line was a good one.

Water Wetter is made to help cool down cooling systems that run water only. It is not designed to run as an additive to coolant.

So, if you chose to run Water Wetter in your Hawk, you need to run it with water only. If you chose to run your engine this way, I can only suggest to buy distilled water that has all of the contaminants eleminated from it. This will help reduce rust build up in the system. It will not eleminate since the system is already contaminated, and will eventually contaminate the distilled water.

As far as frequency change, I would agree with your buddy about that, since WW is not a lubricant, but just an extra coolant.

E.Marquez 08-26-2015 11:47 AM

Redline seems to think thier product can be used effectivly with ethylene and propylene glycol systems.

Compatible with new or used antifreeze (including DEX-COOLTM and long-life versions) to improve the heat transfer of ethylene and propylene glycol systems
Satisfies ASTM D2570 and ASTM D1384 corrosion tests for glycol-based antifreezes
Red Line Synthetic Oil - WaterWetter® Coolant Additives - WaterWetter®

E.Marquez 08-26-2015 11:48 AM

Assuming the guys that make it know something about the product.

ABOUT RED LINE WATERWETTER® COOLANT ADDITIVES
Reduces or eliminates bubbles or vapor barrier that form on hot metal surfaces to reduce coolant temperatures by up to 20°
Superior heat transfer properties compared to glycol-based antifreeze
Compatible with new or used antifreeze (including DEX-COOL and long-life versions) to improve the heat transfer of ethylene and propylene glycol systems
Improves heat transfer and reduces cylinder head temperature
Designed for use with all modern aluminum, cast iron, copper, brass and bronze cooling systems
Cleans and lubricates water pump seals
Reduces cavitation and complexes with hard water to reduce scaling
Does not lower cooling system below the thermostatically-controlled temperature

E.Marquez 08-26-2015 11:51 AM

Or there is Redline SuperCool which is Blended with purified, deionized water and proper WaterWetter percentage.

Red Line Synthetic Oil - WaterWetter® Coolant Additives - SuperCool with WaterWetter®

Convenient, pre-mixed coolant for motorcycles, ATVs, karts, etc.-pour and go!

Blended with purified, deionized water and proper WaterWetter percentage

Reduces rust, corrosion and electrolysis, cleans and lubricates water pump seals

Compatible with all antifreeze and coolant

Satisfies ASTM D2570 and ASTM D1384 corrosion tests for glycol-based antifreezes

E.Marquez 08-26-2015 11:57 AM

White Paper on Water Wetter
http://www.redlineoil.com/content/fi...ech%20Info.pdf

Red Line WaterWetter® is designed to provide
improved metal wetting and excellent corrosion inhibition
when added to plain water or a glycol coolant
WaterWetter® will provide the proper corrosion inhibition
for all common cooling system metals, including
aluminum, cast iron, steel, copper, brass, and
lead.
USE DIRECTIONS
One 12 ounce bottle treats 12-16 quarts of water or a
50% ethylene or propylene glycol solution. In smaller
cooling systems, use 4-5 caps per quart. Add directly
through the cooling system fill cap into the radiator or
into the overflow tank. Do not open a cooling system
while hot. For best protection for aluminum, replenish
or replace every 15,000 miles. The anti-scaling ingredients
in Red Line WaterWetter® allow its use with
ordinary tap water. However, using with distilled or
deionized water will accomplish some scale removal
in the cylinder head area. Plain water with or without
WaterWetter® should not be used in cooling systems
containing magnesium - antifreeze should be used -
with WaterWetter®. For maximum temperature
reductions use the most water and the least
antifreeze possible to prevent freezing in your climate.
Even in summertime the use of air-conditioning
can blow freezing air through the heater and cause
freezing of the heater core unless approximately 20%
antifreeze is used. Red Line WaterWetter® is available
in 12 ounce containers

E.Marquez 08-26-2015 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Gabe (Post 389838)

Thanxs again.

So you prefer to hear anecdotal experiences and guesses and discount the experts on the product??
Pays your money, takes your chances then.

Jack Flash 08-26-2015 11:59 AM

I stand corrected. I admit not having used this product for many years, but do remember back in the day the labeling mentionning to run with water only. My bad.

E.Marquez 08-26-2015 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jack Flash (Post 389849)
I stand corrected. I admit not having used this product for many years, but do remember back in the day the labeling mentionning to run with water only. My bad.

Hey I did not know either way and had to look it up..:p At least you HAD a clue,, i had to go find one...LOL

Jack Flash 08-26-2015 12:06 PM

Erik, this is why you're moderator...much smarter than me. Knowing I haven't used this product in over ten years, I should of known to look it up before speaking up. Once again, my bad...:O)

VTR1000F 08-26-2015 12:50 PM

You are both obviously in the employ of Water Wetter. I am not fooled.

Jack Flash 08-26-2015 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jack Flash (Post 389851)
I haven't used this product in over ten years,

Originally Posted by VTR1000F (Post 389852)
You are both obviously in the employ of Water Wetter. I am not fooled.

This is what laid the fondation for your conclusion...right ?

Gabe 08-26-2015 05:23 PM

This is my understanding of WW.
Back in the days ww didnt have the anti corrosive material, but the new and improved ww does (read the fkn bottle).. im sure times have changed for redline and with the tech out there theyve improved their product, just like mobile phones. U WILL see a huge change in your cooling sys once u use 50 distilled water / 50 water wetter, in street use, it maintains the hawk cooler!

So it looks like i am going to call tech support to figure if the new ww has anti corossive additives so i no longer have to use coolant! And get all these old farts with their old thoughts updated...

My other friends 2 cents:
The small concentrate bottle of water wetter ALREADY has the anti-corrosive properties. as i said earlier, the only BENEFIT with mixing it with coolant is LOWERING THE FREEZING POINT. (and most of us can live w/o this factor) water wetter + distilled water is more effective at removing heat than water wetter + coolant..... it says so on the bottle itself.

thedeatons 08-26-2015 08:18 PM

I'm confused. Do you already know the answer to your question?

James

Gabe 08-26-2015 09:25 PM

No, im trying to get a definitive answer here, but no one knows the. Correct answer...
Its possible everyone is still
stuck on the old technology if there even is a new tech to WW... which would mean no more coolant use in your WW because it lubricates now..... i remember old ww in my 98 didnt lubricate...

thedeatons 08-26-2015 09:45 PM

Sorry if i have offended you.... Was just trying to have some fun.

I stand behind my statement in post #2.

James

CruxGNZ 08-26-2015 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Gabe (Post 389867)
No, im trying to get a definitive answer here, but no one knows the. Correct answer...
Its possible everyone is still
stuck on the old technology if there even is a new tech to WW... which would mean no more coolant use in your WW because it lubricates now..... i remember old ww in my 98 didnt lubricate...

Someone did try to help you. Did you read post #7? :confused:

E.Marquez 08-27-2015 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by CruxGNZ (Post 389870)
Someone did try to help you. Did you read post #7? :confused:

post 6, 7 & 8

The answer is already there, it's available in a research white paper, it is available by contacting the company.. Apparently the answer he requires is from folks here that don't really have anyway to know more then what has already been said.

Mehh, something about you can lead a horse to water.......

franz125 08-27-2015 09:20 AM

Put the right coolant in and drive and if the temperatur rises to critical then repair you bike.Why use some magical wetter.

E.Marquez 08-27-2015 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by franz125 (Post 389874)
Put the right coolant in and drive and if the temperatur rises to critical then repair you bike.Why use some magical wetter.

Because it's not magical, it simply works.. IOW it does as advertised, which is lower coolant / motor temps. Read the white paper linked to, you may learn something you did not know. I did.

Jack Flash 08-27-2015 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Gabe (Post 389860)
So it looks like i am going to call tech support to figure if the new ww has anti corossive additives so i no longer have to use coolant! And get all these old farts with their old thoughts updated...

This is what you should of done in the first place. It was very well suggested to you in the 2nd post by James.

I'm not sure if your comment is directed towards us...old farts, but if you wish to get proper respect from the more experienced members of this community, I strongly recommend you be a little more respectful.

E. Marquez took some of his personal time to look up, and, post all of the information you were looking for. A little humility and a thank you goes a
long way.
Now, obviously this is not the answer you were hoping for, since you are looking for first hand experience with the new version of Water Wetter. To bad. If none of us here have first hand experience, is probably because none of us here feel the need to us such a product.
There are members here that use their bikes for track days, and I don't remember ever having read that anyone needed to use Water Wetter to provide better cooling for their bikes.

So, what does this all mean ? It means that the engineers at Honda probably did a good job at figuring out that the cooling system on the Hawk should be good for just about every use of their motorcycle. Not perfect, very true, it does tend to run hot especially when driving in trafic on a hot summer day. But the parts inside are designed to withstand temps much higher than what the guage on the bike displays.
Ask E. Marquez who lives in Texas. I'm sure he's experienced a thing or two with heat on this bike, yet, doesn't see the need to run Water Wetter.

Now, to set the record straight, I am not trying to discourage you in using this product. That is your choice, and good for you if you do. You can then enlighten us on it's use, and the pros and cons of using it. You will get much better feed back from the other members here, and, the next time you have another issue with the bike, they will remember you for your positive input, instead of your impatience and old fart comment.

Good luck, and let us know.

Originally Posted by thedeatons (Post 389864)
I'm confused. Do you already know the answer to your question?

James

He did. Just didn't want to use your first advise.

Gabe 08-27-2015 04:36 PM

Heres the answer from mech tech support at redline, Dave.

So U DO NOT need to add coolant in your cooling system anymore when doing the watter wetter/Distilled water ratio (4 ounces per gallon per tech). Watter wetter HAS all the lubricants like coolant for the pump and seals. NOW, If u live in freezing temps or u have air conditioning in your vehicle u should add coolant as specified! We went into more technical talk but these are the specs...
Just try water wetter, youll see a significant difference....
[Microphone drop]

Gabe 08-27-2015 04:59 PM

IMO:
I think coolant is a thing of the past, its just outdated tech; still works fine though but if i can maintain my bike cooler, ill take the newer tech. Times have changed, looks good with your flip phones though...

CruxGNZ 08-27-2015 05:59 PM

http://commongoodvt.org/wp-content/u...-blinders1.jpg

thedeatons 08-27-2015 06:03 PM

LOL

Jack Flash 08-27-2015 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Gabe (Post 389889)
Heres the answer from mech tech support at redline, Dave.

NOW, If u live in freezing temps or u have air conditioning in your vehicle u should add coolant as specified!

Well I guess Water Wetter doesn't do everything right. Coolant isn't so passé after all.

Originally Posted by Gabe (Post 389890)
IMO:
I think coolant is a thing of the past, its just outdated tech; still works fine though but if i can maintain my bike cooler, ill take the newer tech. Times have changed, looks good with your flip phones though...

God I love my flip...:popcorn:

franz125 08-28-2015 10:32 AM

If the temperatuure gauge pointer is in the center stand is it too much for Wetter boyz?