SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   HRC throttle tube (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/hrc-throttle-tube-17722/)

mikstr 03-01-2009 01:17 PM

HRC throttle tube

I just ordered up an HRC short-throw (1/6 turn) throttle tube for my VTR. I am currently running an RC45 unit and thought I'd go one up on it. I am hoping it goes on no problem but should it prove impossible I'll simply re-sell it. I do hope, however, that it all works out (should be blast!!!!). It should complement the light flywheel and all my other mods quite nicely :)

Truckinduc 03-01-2009 02:38 PM

WOW 1/6 thats pretty extreme

mikstr 03-01-2009 05:03 PM

The one I have on there now is supposed to be about halfway between stock and the HRC so it'll be an incremental change... looking forward to trying it :)

mikstr 04-15-2009 06:47 AM

Well, the HRC tube is on. I had my dealer install it at the same time as the swingarm and other new bits (as well as synch the carbs). He told me he had to use up all available slack to get it on. He said it`s all safe but at the very end of its length; any shorter throw (not that you'd really want any less than 1/6 anyhow, lol) and new cables would be needed. I have since ridden it around a bit and love it! Quick but still manageable.

cliby 04-15-2009 07:56 AM

place in pasadena called Flanders (on the web) makes cables and bars. They will shorten, lengthen etc any cable for about 5 bucks. Just an FYI if need arises.

mikstr 04-15-2009 08:05 AM

thanks Bill :)

All is fine for me, I have no plans to go to a shorter throw (can you say toggle switch? lol). BTW, another chap on the site ordered new cables from Motion Pro.

cheers

gboezio 04-15-2009 09:17 AM

Wow, this chicken will be on a short leach, I really need to see this bike one day, this sounds like a master piece.

mikstr 04-15-2009 09:22 AM

it`s a work in progress, lol

Am waiting on my Pazzo-style levers and Jamie D shift lever at the moment (having a roller bearing pressed in for zero play and smooooooth action).

Will post pics once I get everything.

Next year, (if I can wait that long.. will see once taxes are done), it`s getting 0.5 mm oversize hi-comp JE pistons (picked up the second half of Rick`s order) with slippery skirt coating and ceramic top coating. Can`t wait to roll on the throttle on that baby, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

RCVTR 04-15-2009 09:29 AM

I wish somebody here would hurry up and FINISH an engine project!!!

Lots of talk going on...

:)

mikstr 04-15-2009 10:12 AM

I`d love to oblige you on that RC but, unfortunately, as I haven`t won a lottery, I have to live within my means... I`ll be sure to keep folks here informed as my projects develop, and provide dynos sheets too :)

shayne 04-16-2009 04:57 AM

Me too!!!!!!! Money is the limiting factor. My next project is EFI, and the ECU I want is gunna cost $2000. Gotta be patient.;)