SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   HRC Ignition Module for the Superhawk (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/hrc-ignition-module-superhawk-23514/)

2whltuner 08-16-2010 10:00 AM

HRC Ignition Module for the Superhawk

has anyone come across an HRC Ignition Module for the VTR1000 Superhawk????

Tweety 08-16-2010 10:02 AM

Yes... But you won't find one too purchase, they are rare to say the least...

8541Hawk 08-16-2010 10:26 AM

They also only work with '98-'00 if you do happen to find one.

hawxter996 08-16-2010 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by 2whltuner (Post 278081)
has anyone come across an HRC Ignition Module for the VTR1000 Superhawk????

i would love too!

but then it may not work anymore.

Tweety 08-16-2010 11:22 AM

Yeah, and it improves nothing unless you have a fully built engine... I'd still like one though... ;)

Tweety 08-16-2010 11:23 AM

I ran one in my bike for a few days, to verify that it worked for it's owner... ;)

I had very elaborate plans worked out for how to "lose" it... ;)

2whltuner 08-16-2010 12:59 PM

does anybody know what the benefits would have been???

FL02SupaHawk996 08-16-2010 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by 2whltuner (Post 278120)
does anybody know what the benefits would have been???

158 RWHP?

Tweety 08-16-2010 01:26 PM

Basically it's a race part... It's supposed to be matched to the other little box from HRC replacing the "brain" with no inputs for sidestand/clutch switches, no nothing of the road legal crap...

All the parameters in it are adapted to the rest of the HRC kit that was once available for the VTR... Cams, pistons, close ratio gearbox, velocity stacks... And so on... I can keep going for a while... But I'm gonna go cry instead, thinking of all the fun parts that isn't available any longer... And some parts of the parameters are adjustable with 2 (3?) small dial switches on the box...

Without all that stuff it's utterly pointless... But most of that are stuff that can be replaced by other similar items, Moriwaki cams, HC pistons of your choice and so on... And that stuff is only "rare", not extinct like the HRC parts... Nobody that's gotten their grubby little hands on a HRC part will even consider selling it today...

But on a stock engine? Higher fuel consumption and less power would be the only "gain", most likely... Probably not to efficient at low revs as the ignition mapping will be for an entirely different engine character...

If you wan't an adjustable/programmable box for the VTR there are a few choices available... None of them have the HRC logo, but you can still buy them, and they are probably more useful on a less extreme engine... But even those are completely useless on a stock engine... So unless you have already invested the price of the bike new, in internal engine upgrades... Go for improved suspension, brakes and such instead...