SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   High Mount Mid-Pipes (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/high-mount-mid-pipes-9532/)

98vtr1000 09-11-2006 07:14 PM

High Mount Mid-Pipes

I wondered if anyone knew who made HIGH mount mid-pipes for the SH? I Just bought my SH (my second one) and when I had my first one I had some custom high mid pipes made for it. It put the pipes about .5-1" beneath the tail section. I really liked the look but i can not get in touch with the guy who made my others years ago.
Bike now has "high" mount jardine round blk cans on it. Want to use the same cans just looking for some midpipes. Any ideas?
thanks.

ps - i did a search and could not find much...

SillyHawk 09-11-2006 07:32 PM

my mid pipes got tarnished quick i would be interested in a pair of new ones too as well

superhawk22 09-11-2006 07:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
With some work you can get the Jardines really high as well. I flipped the hangers on the muffler and swapped sides with the other hangers on my old exhaust. You could also make, (or have made), some custom hangers to bring them up. The only draw back is it brings the pipe closer to your feet.

SillyHawk 09-11-2006 07:50 PM

size 13...cant afford anymore foot room loss

superhawk22 09-11-2006 07:51 PM

:lol: Just buy heat shields, $15 at Dennis Kirk.

SillyHawk 09-11-2006 07:59 PM

guess i could but dont they stick out a little bit as well? giving me just that much less space?

if they arent too bad it would be nice to stop gettin glued to the mid pipes

superhawk22 09-11-2006 08:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They only stick out maybe a 1/4 inch or so, and then you can just rest your foot right on them without worrying about melting your boots!

zimm 09-12-2006 01:44 AM

Two Brother's Racing mid high pipes work and have room for size 12 boots. And if you're heel does hit, there's a little metal loop for exhaust springs that keeps your boot off the exhaust.

98vtr1000 09-12-2006 02:28 AM

It is only a matter of hangers? I could fab something that would work but what about the midpipes? just losen things up a bit wiggle the cans into place?
With my old set up I actually Cut a small slit in the undertail section (stock and trimmed) and attached the hangers directly to the subframe. I thought i was only able to do this b/c of the custom midpipes. To be fair, I have only had the bike about 1 week and have not not reallyu investigated.

who makes the coolest heat shield? CF maybe?

superhawk22 09-12-2006 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by 98vtr1000
It is only a matter of hangers? I could fab something that would work but what about the midpipes? just losen things up a bit wiggle the cans into place?
who makes the coolest heat shield? CF maybe?

Yep, that's all I did with mine, no bending or reshaping required. As far as the shields, look around there's a ton of them ranging in price from $15 for chrome or hundreds for some cf and many inbetween.