SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   Forum Pit Bull Group Buy (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/forum-pit-bull-group-buy-13843/)

skokievtr 02-20-2008 07:43 PM

Forum Pit Bull Group Buy

To lift from the steering stem and pull the forks (but not the triple tree) and also be able to just remove the front wheel with even better stability I recommend the Pit Bull Fork Lift & Converter Package, which for the VTR and many, many other bikes requires the Standard Pin plus #1 Adapter which comes included with the Fork Lift & Converter Package. Additional pins are $7.50 each and there would be no shipping on them if ordered with the "package".

The Pit Bull Fork Lift & Converter Package (F0025-000) based on a SH Forum only group buy of 3 or more would be $160.75 (25% off 2008 MSRP and much less than even racers get) plus an average $11.00 for shipping (depending on your zip code) and another $10 for drop shipping = about $181.75 but i may be able to do better if I know how many people are in an there zip codes.

Also, forum members may also want to go in on the Pit Bull SS Rear Stand (F0028-000), which handles both spool and spool-less swing arms. I added spools to my SkokieVTR. A coincident group buy of 4 or more (or no minimum if we can include the order with the front stands) would be $118.00 (again, 25% off 2008 MSRP and much less than even racers get) plus an average $11.00 for shipping (depending on your zip code) and another $10 for drop shipping = about $139.00. Let me repeat, I may be able to get better pricing as shipping will drop 50% on orders over $1,000 (my cost) and in the unlikely event its over $2,000, shipping is free (in the Continental US only).

If you order both the front & rear stands, I think I can lower shipping to $14 total for both (in one box), and also get a break on drop shipping.

Pit Bull has other neat stuff like spool kits, wheel chocks, other GP type rear stands, forward handle stands, apparel, grips, sprockets, trailer restraint systems, steering stabilizer kits, jack stands (for non-folding pilot foot pegs) and tire trees (for all you racers with 4 or 5 sets of wheels).

Now you might be able to walk into your local shop and do about the same less shipping but plus tax (which I have to charge only for IL buyers but will see if I can make it up another way for you fellow Illini).

Let me know. If someone knows how to set up a better group buy list thread or poll of some type, be my guest.

Condor 02-20-2008 07:45 PM

i have the pit bull front stand, is there a conversion to be able to convert the front fork stand to a stand w/ the pin? does that make any sense to you?

skokievtr 02-20-2008 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 152681)
i have the pit bull front stand, is there a conversion to be able to convert the front fork stand to a stand w/ the pin? does that make any sense to you?

If you have the original "Fork Lift" (F0015-000), yes you can just by the "Fork Lift Converter Only" (F0015-002; i.e., which utilizes the "pin") and then lift the front utilizing the steering stem (hollow triple tree).