SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   fork brace group buy? who would be intrested? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/fork-brace-group-buy-who-would-intrested-8568/)

Birdoprey 06-02-2007 05:19 PM

maxmcdirect is still selling coerce braces on ebay. price may not be as good but like nuhawk said some of these parts are getting rare.

superbird 06-02-2007 10:28 PM

I recently put the Coerce brace on my VTR, along with a race tech kit. Very happy with both products. I'll post some pics soon.

fundgh 06-08-2007 11:11 PM

Good to see that nothing amounted from this!? Who dropped the damn ball? What is the deal with the fork braces now? I still need one!

redman 07-30-2007 09:14 PM

Anything ever come of this thread?
Just took a hard run up the coast with my girl on back and noticed the shortcomings of the stock susp......ick!
Fork braces?????

Scumbag 07-30-2007 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by fundgh (Post 56257)
Good to see that nothing amounted from this!? Who dropped the damn ball? What is the deal with the fork braces now? I still need one!

some asshole...

redman 08-02-2007 08:49 PM

Yes, maxmcdirect still has them. I ordered one and it got here from Japan in three days. Wish I could say that for other CLOSER Ebay buys...Very nice quality too. Have to cut off the plastic fork protectors but who cares? I'll snug it up tight and post back after a spirited ride. $134.00 delivered.
I'm still neck deep in the valve adjust so maybe the weekend. Cheers.....

redman 08-03-2007 07:39 PM

Put it on an hour ago...went for a ride (yah, I finished all the other work...see Modding valve shims by hand post in Tech disc), and it is worth every penny. Front end feels much more linear....more like it's going up and down instead of squishy squishy all over. Hard to describe..ever ridden a bike with upside down forks? More like that.

redman 08-05-2007 11:43 AM

Have to add.......did some fastish highway riding yesterday and again...felt the difference in the front with the brace. More stable, planted, confident feel all around. Well, worth the bux...do it!

hawkbill 08-28-2007 06:44 PM

I'm interested as well!

redman 08-28-2007 09:58 PM

do it

yellowstorm 09-01-2007 03:26 AM

I would be interested as well but it would need to be sent down under to australia freight cost ? if not to much in freight count me in to.

nuhawk 09-01-2007 08:09 AM

If you do get this to fly count me in. Thanks :thumbsup:

cscrawford 09-01-2007 09:06 AM

I'm in...but is anybody actually working on this anymore?
Chris in Dallas...

redman 09-01-2007 09:18 AM

no...just order from maxmcdirect.com
Brace is very light so shipping shouldn't cost.
They come from Japan so shipping to Aus shouldn't be any different than to US

cscrawford 09-01-2007 09:30 AM

Right on Redman. Thanks.

westcoast 09-04-2007 02:52 AM

fork brace

Count me in. Let me know how much and when you need it.

yellowstorm 09-04-2007 03:33 AM

thanks redman I just order it from maxmc direct they cost just over $119 & freight cost $12.00 It will be in aust in 5 to 7 days .looks good on web site hope it works well on the bumpy roads down under. just got the brace looks good nylon shims in clamps light weight & easy to fit I like that just need to go for a test ride when it stops raining

reaper 09-04-2007 06:41 AM

I am checking with my local Honda dealership to see what kind of price he can give our group for either the Superbrace or Coerce fork stabilizer.

I am shooting for a price of $80-90 plus shipping. For those that are still interested, please PM asap so I have a reasonable number of units to give him and not pulling a # out of my a$$.

Thanks.

reaper 09-05-2007 05:27 AM

Ok, so I pick-up the ball on this on-going topic about fork braces and so far only two members have responded about wanting them. Is this it as far as members who are interested in acquiring the braces?

This thread has 77 posts and 2231 views, so apparently there is more interest than two other members and myself. Come on, step up and PM me if you are interested.

Going once, going twice........................:confused:

Dominion 09-05-2007 03:08 PM

Im interested. Pm me the information when you get it. :)

~Brian

XLSR-VTR1 09-05-2007 03:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I bought a Coerce a few years back, its like night and day... and totally worth the money. I would say the performance increase is 25%... or so..

I had to modify the fork leg protectors and zip tie them on, although black zip ties would look better. I got mine thru Big Valley Honda in Reno, NV (Bob Hayashida).

cscrawford 09-05-2007 05:55 PM

I want one! But I'd like it before next weekend. I would prefer the one that requires less jerry-rigging/modfying/frankensteining!

skokievtr 09-05-2007 06:47 PM

Exercise

Originally Posted by reaper (Post 128520)
I am checking with my local Honda dealership to see what kind of price he can give our group for either the Superbrace or Coerce fork stabilizer.

I am shooting for a price of $80-90 plus shipping. For those that are still interested, please PM asap so I have a reasonable number of units to give him and not pulling a # out of my a$$.

Thanks.

Coerce for 80, NFW! But if someone can get close, I'm in.

cscrawford 09-05-2007 07:41 PM

I'm in on the brace

Before next weekend or not...I'm in. PM me, email, call, whatever works best.
Chris Crawford
214-870-1720
Dallas, TX

redman 09-05-2007 07:43 PM

he just frankened his protector dealies back on. I just cut'em off. Haven't needed them on any of my bikes for 30 years, why do I need'em now?

cscrawford 09-05-2007 07:48 PM

Are those the black "boots" that cover the junction between the fork tubes/sliders?

From the original post I was thinking they were some kind of safety tabs. On mountain bike forks they now put these safety tabs on to keep the wheel from falling off if the rider (nube!) forgets to tighten the skewer, or more likely, doesn't do it correctly. We called them "Lawyer lips" and they kept a quick release lever from being just that...quick. Used to grind them off with a bench grinder. This sounds like no biggie. Sorry to make a big deal out of nothing.

Verne 09-06-2007 03:34 AM

I'm in. Just need to know the final price.

Originally Posted by reaper (Post 128520)

Thanks.

reaper 09-06-2007 03:50 AM

It looks like we have 8 members so far that are interested in the fork brace.

cscrawford I won't be talking to the local dealer until this Saturday as he is out of town until then. Once I speak with him I will post the details.

Thanks.

cscrawford 09-06-2007 05:06 AM

I'm in either way. Thanks for picking up the ball :)

bluevtr 09-06-2007 05:30 AM

The idea behind the fork protectors is to keep rocks and such from hitting the exposed fork legs and damaging them. even a small nick in the leg would be enough to damage the fork seals if they keep rubbing up and down over the imperfection. Which is why the old bikes used to run fork gaiters (the rubber boots) and inverted forks don't need them. Hope this helps.