SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   Exhaust (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/exhaust-34528/)

Dan111 05-16-2017 09:34 AM

Exhaust

Does anyone know if you can use an exhaust off a honda xl1000v. I want to get the exhaust up under seat without going custom.

smokinjoe73 05-16-2017 10:55 AM

The veradero?

Dan111 05-16-2017 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dan111 (Post 402248)
Does anyone know if you can use an exhaust off a honda xl1000v. I want to get the exhaust up under seat without going custom.

i think thats the new model. Im pretty sure honda based older one on the superhawk

Dan111 05-16-2017 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Dan111 (Post 402251)
i think thats the new model. Im pretty sure honda based older one on the superhawk

just lookex it up on Internet and your right

RoadManiac 05-16-2017 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dan111 (Post 402252)
just lookex it up on Internet and your right

Are having a discussion with yourself here :confused::eek: ?

The Varadero echaust is gonna fit (as for the headers) only thing is that it has a lambda sensor and the exhausts silincers are so ugly and beside the header fitting everything else need to be modified

Dan111 05-16-2017 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by RoadManiac (Post 402255)
Are having a discussion with yourself here :confused::eek: ?

The Varadero echaust is gonna fit (as for the headers) only thing is that it has a lambda sensor and the exhausts silincers are so ugly and beside the header fitting everything else need to be modified

i was replying to smokenjoe. And i ment a performance exhaust not stock..

captainchaos 05-16-2017 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dan111 (Post 402248)
I want to get the exhaust up under seat without going custom.

I want to F$%! Olivia Wilde too but... since no one made an actual underseat exhaust for the Superhawk custom is your only option. Enough people have done it but you have to pay to play.

And a Varadero exhaust isn't underseat either so... Using/trying to use an aftermarket exhaust for a Varadero is going to be no different than using an high mount exhaust for a Superhawk that'll actually bolt up correctly.

captainchaos 05-16-2017 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Seriously the only aftermarket exhaust that came somewhat close to "underseat" was made by Wolf. And good luck finding one... I haven't seen a used one for sale in years.

Years back I did cut away a small piece of my stock undertail (along with rear mudflap of course) which allowed me to mount my LeoVince high mount brackets inboard of the rear fairing and pulled my mufflers pretty close together at the outlets. Again it's not 916 Ducati "underseat" but if that's what you want you'll have to fabricate it. And the midpipes required to do so usually look kinda goofy with the stock swingarm.

smokinjoe73 05-16-2017 07:48 PM

So wait, why couldn't you use the stock veradero head pipes? The lamba thing?

It looks like those pipes would get you pretty close to the underseat area then youd just have to fudge from there.

I don't think there is enough clearance for the wheel to not crush them though. Unless you butchered the stuff in the tail but maybe not even then.

xeris 05-28-2017 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by captainchaos (Post 402264)
Seriously the only aftermarket exhaust that came somewhat close to "underseat" was made by Wolf. And good luck finding one... I haven't seen a used one for sale in years.

Years back I did cut away a small piece of my stock undertail (along with rear mudflap of course) which allowed me to mount my LeoVince high mount brackets inboard of the rear fairing and pulled my mufflers pretty close together at the outlets. Again it's not 916 Ducati "underseat" but if that's what you want you'll have to fabricate it. And the midpipes required to do so usually look kinda goofy with the stock swingarm.

Looks good. Not sure where the goofy is, I don't see it in that photo.

captainchaos 05-28-2017 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by xeris (Post 402417)
Looks good. Not sure where the goofy is, I don't see it in that photo.

No I meant the midpipe routing on some of the custom underseat systems I've seen looks goofy. Those are just LeoVince highmount midpipes with the mufflers pulled in closer together.

captainchaos 05-28-2017 04:55 PM

Here are some pics of a member's bike with the Wolf exhaust... Haven't seen one for sale in years... Again not a true "underseat" system but as close as the aftermarket came on our bikes.

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/98-wolf-racing-exhaust-$4300-obo-15887/

smokinjoe73 05-28-2017 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This setup on my B bike came out pretty sano I think. (I am biased). Its not quite undertail but its only a nudge away.

The real issue is clearing that spinning tire.

xeris 05-29-2017 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 402422)
This setup on my B bike came out pretty sano I think. (I am biased). Its not quite undertail but its only a nudge away.

I love the look of a SSSA. Factory looking, clean under tail exhaust.

I see the "goofy" that Chaos was referring to.
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...300-obo-15887/

captainchaos 05-29-2017 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 402422)

Agreed. That's how Honda should've built the damn thing in the first place.

captainchaos 05-29-2017 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by xeris (Post 402427)
I love the look of a SSSA. Factory looking, clean under tail exhaust.

I see the "goofy" that Chaos was referring to.
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...300-obo-15887/

Well that's the Wolf system. Wasn't really referring to that one, more to the custom systems I've seen people make with the muffler or mufflers up in the tail. The midpipes are often still routed along the sides of the bike (and around the stock swingarm, which doesn't make for quite as compact/sano a look as with a SSS) and are very LOOOOOOOONG so they sometimes look a little weird.

xeris 05-29-2017 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by captainchaos (Post 402429)
Well that's the Wolf system. Wasn't really referring to that one, more to the custom systems I've seen people make with the muffler or mufflers up in the tail. The midpipes are often still routed along the sides of the bike (and around the stock swingarm, which doesn't make for quite as compact/sano a look as with a SSS) and are very LOOOOOOOONG so they sometimes look a little weird.

I kind of assumed that you didn't mean the wolf system in particular but I can see what you mean about long pipes.