SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   Dr. Honda Velocity Stack? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/dr-honda-velocity-stack-26914/)

bigbanana 11-01-2011 08:52 PM

Dr. Honda Velocity Stack?

I'm a relative newbie to the VTR1000 (1999). I've had mine for a month and had the carb jetted/new airfilter to take advantage of the aftermarket pipes which had never been done. It is now running fairly smooth down low where it was popping all the time inside the engine and it pulls well up top.

Will these Velocity stacks improve speed or torque or both? Where in the power band. Are they easy to install or will I need my mechanic to do it for me?

Thanks if someone can help me understand if I should get these. I'm a much better rider than mechanic!

bigbanana 11-04-2011 06:54 PM

Kind of unbelievable

People seem to be ordering the stacks hand over fist, but not one person knows what they're for? Really? Please tell me its not true!:cool:

1971allchaos 11-04-2011 10:19 PM

DR. Honda (WHERE ARE YOU ? ?) give the man the low down....

CrankenFine 11-05-2011 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by bigbanana (Post 317861)
People seem to be ordering the stacks hand over fist, but not one person knows what they're for? Really? Please tell me its not true!:cool:

Tweety was the only one I ever saw post a dyno sheet on this and it appeared to indicate an approx 5HP gain on his bike if I read it correctly. All other reports i've seen, though vehement, were seat of the pants dyno results. I may have overlooked something so I expect someone will correct me in that case.

Tweety 11-06-2011 02:45 AM

The reason I didn't answer this question when you posted it in the other thread, was pretty simple... The thread you where posting in, and two or three other threads with easily searched names ("Dr. Honda", or "velocity stacks") outlines exactly what they do... In great detail... And if you can't be bothered to read those, I really don't see why I should bother trying to provide you the same information once again...

Really, go read, and then ask a few follow up questions, and I'll gladly discuss it from here to next millenia... But I refuse to feed the hungry baby birds that go "gimme, gimme, gimme!" without putting in any effort on their own...

bigbanana 11-07-2011 07:24 PM

oh, thanks

Tweety so nice of you to respond in such a kind way. Naturally you would assume that someone didn't try to find the information first. No need, now, however, as I wouldn't bolt the product on if it doubled the power. You just keep helping people. Thats what it's all about, isn't it.

hungry no more

Squid 11-07-2011 07:47 PM

Hey Big, hard for me to determine if this was a smartass reply or you realised that you could have found the answer on your own, but as Tweety Signature states, I was the ass end of a stupid question. If you still havnt found out your answer ill help you out.

Tweety 11-08-2011 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by bigbanana (Post 318106)
Tweety so nice of you to respond in such a kind way. Naturally you would assume that someone didn't try to find the information first. No need, now, however, as I wouldn't bolt the product on if it doubled the power. You just keep helping people. Thats what it's all about, isn't it.

hungry no more

I'm going to disregard the sarcasm... I know how that works...;)

In the thread you originally posted the question, there was a total of three links to the orginal discussion... In which the topic was cover front to back, and sideways as well... Or you could have found it by searching "velocity stack"...

This is the thread... my dynosheets are on page 7, but most of it is worth reading anyway...

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...velocity+stack

7moore7 11-08-2011 06:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Dis shit make ye bike go fast, yo!

Attachment 25369

bigbanana 11-12-2011 08:04 PM

Thanks for the repsones, I did the reading and I thank you for helping me find the info as it seemed elusive to me the first time I searched for it. I'm going to switch over the the order thread and try to get some. Big banana

Tweety 11-13-2011 10:33 AM

Since the information is easy to miss (you wouldn't be the first)... The order thread isn't the place to order anymore... The stacks are now "regular items" in Dr Honda's shop... Go there instead... ;)

bigbanana 11-13-2011 04:07 PM

Thanks, saw that and they're on order.