SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   Danmoto exhaust (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/danmoto-exhaust-25380/)

Hawkrider 04-27-2011 07:38 PM

Danmoto exhaust

Can't really go wrong with the price:
Carbon GP Exhaust Honda VTR 1000 F Firestorm EX165 | eBay

If only they were in highmount version as well...

Looks like they also have them in Ti, GP style, and a megaphone of all things!

poppazuti 04-27-2011 08:09 PM

I have the megaphone for my Bandit 1200. Hoping to get it up and running within the next few weeks so I can hear how obnoxiously loud it is. Also picked up a pair of rearsets from them but deemed them too nice for the Bandit and they will be going on the Hawk as soon as I can get some brackets fabbed up. I believe they're fairly similar to the rearsets Tweety has on his Hawk.

I've thought about picking up another megaphone for the Hawk, at $100 even if it's not great...you're out a hundred bucks. I've taken worse risks on ebay.

Edit: I only paid $100 shipping included on the Bandit exhaust. Business must be picking up for these guys. Didn't realize they were asking so much for them. Purchasing directly from their website will save you a little...

ninjagoalie 04-27-2011 08:13 PM

not a bad price at all when considering free shipping.

poppazuti 04-27-2011 08:20 PM

No, still not a bad price. The only issue I had was the fitment of the canister to the midpipe. It was a hell of a squeeze to get it onto the midpipe and the springs provided didn't provide a lot of tension. I wound up having my buddy weld it directly to the midpipe and I'll put the springs on for decoration.

The thing weighs about 5lbs. too, quite a substantial weight savings over the Bandit's 90lb. stocker.:rolleyes:

stangy89 04-27-2011 08:22 PM

I've got'em on my hawk...

YouTube - SuperHawk w/ Danmoto GP style exhaust installed

The cell phone cam/mic doesn't do the exhaust note any justice... It sound beautiful! but it is loud.

FastRED 04-28-2011 02:25 PM

Stangy, did you have to get your hawk dyno'd?

Hawkrider 04-28-2011 03:27 PM

Might I recommend the Ti pipes for a few bucks more. I've not had good luck with CF and twins. Power pulses are too powerful and the CF can't hack it over time. If you do go with the CF, find out first if Danmoto stands behind their product with a good warranty.

stangy89 04-29-2011 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by FastRED (Post 300762)
Stangy, did you have to get your hawk dyno'd?

Haven't had it tuned yet... My plans are to have it tuned as soon as the pocket book allows. It runs fine minus the carb farts which don't happen often, but those were around before putting the DM's on. When I got the bike it had Jardine high mounts and still has an after-market air filter (K&N) but hasn't been jetted or tuned for that matter (to my knowledge).

stangy89 04-29-2011 12:41 PM

Interesting read... DanMoto Slip-On Exhaust | K3 Chris Onwiler | Trackdaymag

drake 04-29-2011 05:04 PM

i ordered the the carbon and they shipped one can short. e-mailed them and they shipped out the right side can. the fit was tight, i used the hack saw and cut the slots deeper and they slipped right on. the springs they sent were too short, i cannot find any springs long enough so i am going to tie wire the cans. sounds awsome, louder than the v&h long shots i had on my shadow sabre.

stangy89 04-29-2011 07:26 PM

"The DanMoto connector pipe for our GSXR is made from automotive grade, seamed stainless steel. Tooling marks are evident in places and the curves, while appearing to be mandrel-bent and quite functional, do not equal the flowing perfection of a high-end exhaust. The muffler is an uncomplicated piece, consisting of end caps and a baffle, riveted into a round body. There’s nothing oval, conical, milled or pressure-formed going
on here. In short, a DanMoto exhaust is functional, not fancy."

~Trackdaymag.com

dehning 09-06-2011 01:00 PM

Interesting read, thank you!