SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   Dan Moto? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/dan-moto-26240/)

megahawk 07-27-2011 12:18 PM

Dan Moto?

has anyone purchased or heard these exhaust on our superhawk? or know anything about them?

Old Yeller 07-27-2011 12:39 PM

Are you referring to exhaust? they have a number of products.

megahawk 07-27-2011 12:39 PM

yes sir :-)

Old Yeller 07-27-2011 01:40 PM

it was not clear from their web site if they could ship from china to the US. Looks like for their cheapest exhaust it was 160 plus 130 shipping. it references hong kong though.

dutchdude 07-27-2011 04:50 PM

they are selling them on e-bay - there have been several threads asking this same thing - run a search and you should come up with some similar threads with links to videos that give you an idea of how they sound -

ruajohnson 07-27-2011 05:56 PM

I read an article on them saying the only difference between them and another more expensive brand was cosmetic. Otherwise the performance was equal. Correct me if I'm wrong guys but that's what I read.

sfjreid 07-27-2011 05:56 PM

I've been really thinking about getting a set of those conical stainless ones. I think they would suit my bike perfectly. From what I can gather from the videos on youtube they sound pretty damn good for the price.

sfjreid 07-27-2011 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by ruajohnson (Post 309966)
I read an article on them saying the only difference between them and another more expensive brand was cosmetic. Otherwise the performance was equal. Correct me if I'm wrong guys but that's what I read.

Here's the review DanMoto Slip-On Exhaust | K3 Chris Onwiler | Trackdaymag

MexBird 07-27-2011 06:49 PM

I bought them direct from their website (cheaper than via ebay I think). They were shipped direct to me in Mexico, and arrived in about 10 days. The left side fitted slightly easier than the right, and they are not perfectly aligned, but you have to look close to see the difference. The carbon fiber finish is nice and shiny, and the steel looks good. They are very loud compared to the standard pipes, even with the dB killers installed (don't forget to order them as they are listed separately), but I think the better known make pipes maybe sound better. The original pipes were very easy to take off with a bit of WD40, even after 8 years.

msethhunter 07-28-2011 12:22 PM

I just browsed the website, and it seems to be a place to get decent parts for a great price. I sent them an e-mail about making some rear sets. Fingers crossed!

NY08TITAN 08-06-2011 08:30 AM

I just purchased a set of Danmoto conicals for my 02 Hawk and mounted them yesterday. I ordered them directly from the website (a bit cheaper than ebay) on a Thursday and they arrived on the following Tuesday. that's pretty fast from china. Here are my impressions.

Install: The box came pretty bashed up so I was concerned about damage. Everything came double bubble wrapped and once I cut everything open there was no damage. Initial quality seemed very good for a two can system that came to my house brand new for just over $200. The left mid pipe mounted much easier than the right. I had to "manipulate" the right side a bit with a pair if vice grips to widen it just a touch. Once I got it on I tapped the end near the headers to reverse my manipulation. The cans went on a bit tight and required a bit of pop with my hand to get them on. The headers clamps seemed ok, but I broke one bolt due to over tightening. I just grabbed a new better grade one from Lowes for a whopping $.60 each. The straps that secure the cans to the bike need to be cut. After a dry fit I cut two notches off the straps and they were the perfect length to bolt the straps on the inside of the exhaust mounts to tuck the pipes in. The springs that came with the the system were subpar at best. I literally stretched them with my fingers to mount. There was not any tension on them after putting them on. I snagged 4 new shorter ones (about a buck a piece) from my local motorcycle shop and it made a big difference.

Performance/Sound: I live in a quiet village and my neighbor was running his wood splitter next door when I fired up the bike. Holy hell, these things are LOUD. My neighbor thought there was something wrong with the machine he was using and shut it down only to realize it was my bike. After I spun it up a few times and shut it off we were all in awww. When I say loud, I mean it. I started the bike up in between the stock cans and the new cans with just headers. The danmotos are only subtley quieter than just headers. I know the term loud is all relative. I've had a D&D on a CBR600 and 900RR, I had a Scorpion and an Arata on a ZX12, Staintune without Baffle on a 2000 VFR, laser extreme on an 03 Z1000, and this is louder than all of them except maybe the D&D at Redline under load. It is hands down louder than all of them at the lower rpms. When I was riding through my neighborhood at the lowest rpm I could with the bike; I was almost self concious that I was pissing off my neighbors. I took it out on the main road and opened her up. It sounded awesome while on throttle and also under engine braking. It didn't sound as good running constant rpms. I let my buddiy rip it up and down the streets so I could hear what it sounded like and I could easily hear him off in the distance. I can tell she may be running a bit off and a rejet would probably tighten things up a touch, but I don't really want to put to much into the bike, hence the danmoto.

After running this thing I did go back the the website and order the optional slip in baffles. There were like 8 bucks each and totaled around $40 with shipping. If you have any question or worried these pipes may be too loud, order the baffles with the exahuats and I'm sure you'll save with shipping. I'll post again once I get the baffles and install them

All in all, the pipes look great on the bike, it's loud and the system was stupid cheap.

Sorry if this is long winded, but I hope this helps. I was very concerned about buying this system. I'm hoping the baffles will quiet it up a touch, but all in all, it sounds bad ass.

Old Yeller 08-06-2011 08:43 AM

:worthless:

Just sayin..... :D

wolfgun 08-08-2011 08:21 AM

Danmoto pics.

I picked up the Danmoto titanium exhaust with the baffles. They were real inexpensive, but look to be made pretty well. They are very loud even with the baffles in place. I live a couple blocks from Motor City Harley and when there are a whole parking lot full of cruisers on a Saturday afternoon, most heads turn when I go by. The bars are Renthals on Genmar stepped risers and really make for a comfortable ride for this old guy.

SuperHawk Forum - wolfgun's Album: Wolfgun's 99 - Picture
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...id=532&thumb=1

VTArrrgh! 07-14-2012 02:23 PM

So, I know I'm resurrecting an old thread here, but I just got my Danmoto pipes and wanted to share *my* experience with them.

First off, I wanted something cheap, cuz I only paid 2200 for my bike - no real sense sticking 6 or 700 dollar pipes on it, right? I spent 330-some bucks and got the titanium slip-ons, with the optional baffles. I ordered them on Sunday, I got them the following Friday. I expected to have to fight with them a bit, but I didn't expect to fight with them as long as I did. They came with "instructions," which was little more than an exploded view of the pipes and mid-pipes, with a short description near each piece. There were NO instructions included with the baffles. I guess I'll save the entire play-by-play and make a long story short - the baffles get "pressed" into the inlet end of the mufflers. I put mine in the freezer for an hour or so, to shrink them down a little bit, then I pounded them in place with a hammer and the wooden shaft of another hammer. I used a hacksaw to cut about 3/8" off the muffler end of the mid-pipe and about that much off the end where the muffler clamp goes (the non-kickstand side), in order to make the overall pipes the same length. The bolt that pulls the clamp together is an M6 metric and is only rated to about 7 ft. lbs. of torque. I busted one (as I was warned I would probably do), so I went ahead and bought another one (8.8 stamped on the head, just like the original). I didn't torque it, but I didn't snug it quite so tight either.

All in all, I'm happy with the entire exhaust. Regardless of what some might say, it looks like a quality exhaust, built with quality materials and put together well. I *would* recommend it to others, but warn them that they will probably have to work with it a bit to get it to fit right. Based on what I know now, I could probably install another one in a half hour or so.

The exhaust did seem to cause a stumble off idle, but I planned to rejet my carbs anyway and do the TPS mod, so I'm not terribly worried about it. Also, the weight of this thing is unreal. The packing slip claimed the entire setup weighed less than 5 1/2 pounds. I'd guess the stock cans weigh at least 10 pounds each. The first time I picked it up off the kickstand, I almost flipped it the other way!

If anyone wants or needs me to elaborate on anything here, I will.