SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   Bolt on calipers and or rotars? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/bolt-calipers-rotars-21208/)

ranchomice 01-05-2010 12:59 AM

nvm

Firestorm996 01-05-2010 01:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Assuming you want them for the OEM fork, i use GSXR1000 K1 calipers.
If you use the search, you might find more applictions.
Cheers

pwolski 01-05-2010 05:05 AM

I just did the F4i swap (mc and calipers). Got all of it for $30 off ebay. You need to do just a little bit of grinding on the calipers or the forks. I really like the results (on my second Hawk, with first one I only installed SS lines with limited improvement to the system). For even better results with my F4i set up I might try HH pads and maybe even SS lines. Hope this helps.

mikstr 01-05-2010 06:04 AM

Not to be a dick, but use the search function, this topic has been discussed numerous times.... You`ll find all the info you could ever need.

captainchaos 01-05-2010 08:35 AM

RC51 front calipers...the ones you pm'd me about...also remove a tiny bit of material from either the fork or the caliper and they're also a bolt on.

JamieDaugherty 01-05-2010 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by mikstr (Post 248939)
Not to be a dick, but use the search function, this topic has been discussed numerous times.... You`ll find all the info you could ever need.

+1. Probably one of the more discussed topics!

swordfish 01-05-2010 09:54 AM

01 gixxer 750 calipers bolt right on. just the 4 pots tho. although they still make a difference. swap the MC too if you can. I had to jury rig it a bit but its worth it.

pigwings 01-05-2010 10:03 AM

dick II

Originally Posted by mikstr (Post 248939)

plus 1

captainchaos 01-05-2010 11:05 AM

Hey rancho with stuff like this it's not that folks don't want to answer your question, it's that you have tons of info and responses already at your fingertips by searching, rather than having to keep checking back one response at a time. Do a search under stuff like brake swaps, brake upgrades, etc and that way you'll have a bunch of info right away.

ranchomice 01-05-2010 10:05 PM

Ok so to you "not to be dicks" I did I search, I did 5 searches. Every time I try to search I get pages upon pages of posts unrelated to "brake swap" or "fork swap" or any simple wording. Or I get pages of posts with the word swap or the word brakes. I figure it's a pretty simple question to answer. I can stop asking if ya like. Besides, what would all of you who like to answer with smartass coments do if new guys stopped aking questions you feel are redundant? Hell, I don't even know how to delete a post or I would have several times.

Syclone 01-05-2010 10:11 PM

Well, if you searched for ROTAR, then I'm sure you didn't find much. Maybe you spelled it right in search though, and were just too damn lazy to scroll down to THIS THREAD. Or maybe you just got lost in the results...

:welcome:

Syclone 01-05-2010 10:14 PM

The posters here with actual responses pretty much some up what you want. Either F4i, RC51, or Gixxer Tokico 6-pots for calipers. Very few rotors are bolt one, that'd be a whole 'nother search, and unless yours are warped you're better off leaving them alone.
FWIW, I went with F4i calipers and M/C and love them.

ranchomice 01-05-2010 10:24 PM

Didn't spell rotar, spelled brake swap. There is sometimes to much information. I guess I will just have to read and read and read until I find exactly what I'm looking for as opposed to asking a simple question.

lazn 01-05-2010 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by ranchomice (Post 249043)
Didn't spell rotar, spelled brake swap. There is sometimes to much information. I guess I will just have to read and read and read until I find exactly what I'm looking for as opposed to asking a simple question.

Nah, search and search till you find the magic key words..

Some of us old fogeys forget what it was like to be new the the forum..

I think the question has been answered though. The only direct bolt ons are some GSXR calipers. Then F4i and RC51 calipers can easily be modded to fit in about 30 seconds with a dremel.

As for rotors, you are basically stuck with stock.

Spaz' 01-05-2010 10:51 PM

Have a couple links and my opinion on my own mod'...

Here are my findings with my own mods:

Quoting myself again from a repost of my opinion on my own brake mod' back on 121809:

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=21040
( Tags identified at the bottom of this particular link which I've posted above: 01, 1000, brake, caliper, calipers, front, gsxr, gsxr1000, kit, mc, sale, tokico )

Nekkid: Quoting myself from another post I was apart of over the summer (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20121):
"
Just installed 929 MC and '01 GSX-R 1000 6 pots three days ago.
I just got done installing my '01 CBR 929 MC along with the '01 GSX-R 1000 6 pot calipers three days ago - both from eBay. I went with EBC HH pads ($84). The MC cost me ~$60 shipped to me, and the calipers were $105 shipped. I'm being very careful about breaking them in, but even as it all stands I think that I'll be going with the SS braided lines soon with double banjo bolt bleed nipple thingy for the MC from Goodridge when I do so. At the time of all of this happening I'll flush everything with Motul 600 (Did I get the name right?) brake fluid (Got it as a gift - I'd never spend such money on something like that, but very grateful none the less.).
Maybe I should have given the GSX-R 1000 MC a try, but there wasn't much to be offered here and there when I looked. So whatever. As it stands, there is definately a difference, but with this mod' I've done, clearly there is more level pull there than with the stock setup - naturally however, there is clearly a difference in the available stopping ability. I'm taking my time being gentle with them for the time being as I want a really healthy break in. But this cost me $260 or something so far and when I'm done with the SS lines and the banjo bolt bleed nipple... ...jeesh. I dunno. I got other things I need to spend my money on.
In addition, when I tear everything down for the SS and Motul install/flush I may even replace the piston gaskets on the calipers. I think one of them may be a lil' sticky (Retracts to much) - maybe at least one on each caliper."

-Spaz'

captainchaos 01-06-2010 05:27 AM

While not an upgrade, as far as front rotors it's also good to know that EBC lists the same part# for superhawks as they do for 95-97 900rr and 94-97 VFR750. Stock for stock may look slightly different if you care, as I believe the VFR rotors did that I put on my '99. Helpful if you're searching say on ebay for replacements it gives you more of a choice and perhaps a cheaper price. Another good resource for cross referencing part#s and interchangeability is the microfiche on places like ronayers.com.