SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   Best jet kit for vtr? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/best-jet-kit-vtr-33274/)

njankzaholic 06-15-2015 01:34 AM

Best jet kit for vtr?

Hi,
does anybody here ever been use sigma 6 jet kit for your vtr?
How it's work?
Which one the best? sigma 6 jet kit or factory pro jet kit
My bike got smoked out from the exhaust,and it's smells like a gasoline
My technicians said it's because too rich of gas in the carb,and he told me to swap the pilot and main jet in to smaller size
Need advice from expert here

Thanks

Wicky 06-15-2015 02:21 AM

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...-set-up-24769/

AndyMX47 06-15-2015 06:19 AM

Don't buy a jet kit until you figure out if everything is stock and functioning as it should.

Smoke out the exhaust and smelling like gas is not normal.

njankzaholic 06-20-2015 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Wicky (Post 387398)

Originally Posted by AndyMX47 (Post 387402)
Don't buy a jet kit until you figure out if everything is stock and functioning as it should.

Smoke out the exhaust and smelling like gas is not normal.

Thanks for your advice,my bike is still on progress to figure what's going on happen with him :D
And i'll updated here if i've got any trouble :D
And sorry for my bad english :'(
Regards

gti52 06-20-2015 07:11 PM

I bought a 6sigma jet kit. Save your money. My bike hasn't ran since I put their kit in. Wont even idle. And their tech support sucks. I emailed them last Sunday night for advice, and didnt get a reply back until friday morning.

gti52 06-20-2015 07:12 PM

Also my bike had the same symptoms as yours and was getting 18mpg, and they sent BIGGER mains than I already had installed.

RobertLever 06-21-2015 09:46 AM

Put the carb setup back to stock.
Get the bike running.
Then try the Hawk8541 set that Wicky posted.

scottiemann 06-21-2015 10:57 AM

For what its worth dont waste your money on a jet kit. Honda offers all the main jets you could need as well as slow jets, needle shims can be bought at your local hardware store or electronics supply and unless your running a fully built race motor or even in that case the factory springs are sufficient for any setup.

bird-rider 06-22-2015 06:29 PM

My cousin bought this kit. He said it not worth it. Very poor customer service.

gti52 06-23-2015 07:32 AM

I agree, their customer service sucks.

bird-rider 06-23-2015 06:54 PM

Dynojet kit would be better, check out this thread.
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ck-jets-23139/

YoshSuperHawk 06-26-2015 04:02 PM

I have a brand new and unused dynonet kit if anyone is interested in purchasing it :D

8541Hawk 06-26-2015 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by bird-rider (Post 387692)
Dynojet kit would be better, check out this thread.
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ck-jets-23139/

And that thread was one of the reasons this thread came to be: https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...-set-up-24769/ ;)

njankzaholic 06-27-2015 12:48 PM

I just have a time to checked my bike with my mechanic
I think the carb is fine,but the rear cylinder didn't work properly
I released the rear header exhaust and turning the engine on,then i found a gasoline sprayed out from the rear exhaust port.
It's so frustrating cause I replaced the spark plug with the new ones but the smoke still out from the rear cylinder,looks like the rear cylinder didn't firing :eek:
to make sure i pulled out the rear coil
But,somehow the bike is still running with one cylinder only :confused:
The bike ran well,idle is good,but smoked out,it's so weird :confused:
Is there anyone have same trouble with me?
I want to share the video but the connection is really poor in my area at the moment

Dabs 07-02-2015 05:21 PM

I usually just read forums for the info, but for the first time thought I could add something to help.
I had the same problem with the 6 sigma jet kit. But after contacting them, they figured out that my emulsion tube had worn. (their response time was not the greatest, turns out they are closed weekends) They walked me through a procedure to help me figure out what the problem was. After telling them what the results were, they pointed me to the emulsion tube problem. After I replaced the emulsion tubes their jetting specs for my setup were great.
It sounds like your emulsion tubes could be the same issue. Or at least the rear one is so worn that way too much fuel is getting past and flooding it.

Cadbury64 07-03-2015 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Dabs (Post 388076)
I usually just read forums for the info, but for the first time thought I could add something to help.
I had the same problem with the 6 sigma jet kit. But after contacting them, they figured out that my emulsion tube had worn. (their response time was not the greatest, turns out they are closed weekends) They walked me through a procedure to help me figure out what the problem was. After telling them what the results were, they pointed me to the emulsion tube problem. After I replaced the emulsion tubes their jetting specs for my setup were great.
It sounds like your emulsion tubes could be the same issue. Or at least the rear one is so worn that way too much fuel is getting past and flooding it.

This is the first mention that I've come across on VTR forums about worn emulsion tubes. A previous bike I owned (Suzuki RF900) was really prone to this and when I fixed mine it made a massive difference to fuel consumption and low and mid range richness. Have others suffered from this problem?

NZSpokes 07-03-2015 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cadbury64 (Post 388097)
This is the first mention that I've come across on VTR forums about worn emulsion tubes. A previous bike I owned (Suzuki RF900) was really prone to this and when I fixed mine it made a massive difference to fuel consumption and low and mid range richness. Have others suffered from this problem?

Yes. A few have had them made. I have tried to buy them but nobody sells em.

I have had the same on older Ninjas and Bandit 1200s. Bandits will do a set every 20ks.

8541Hawk 07-03-2015 03:10 PM

Emulsion tubes are easy to get here but that is not the part that wears.

The brass bit that the needle meters fuel from (you see the end of it in the carb throat) that can be removed but isn;t easy and you need a fixture to reinstall is the bit that wears...... no real fix that I know of anymore.

NZSpokes 07-03-2015 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk (Post 388117)
Emulsion tubes are easy to get here but that is not the part that wears.

The brass bit that the needle meters fuel from (you see the end of it in the carb throat) that can be removed but isn;t easy and you need a fixture to reinstall is the bit that wears...... no real fix that I know of anymore.

Needle jet.

Ive done heaps of them. Simple. FP make the flash one but not a stock one.