SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   Bebound and Compresion Valvues???? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/bebound-compresion-valvues-15025/)

Daniel.Denver 06-04-2008 01:43 PM

Bebound and Compresion Valvues????

First time poster, long time reader

So I've been reading about both the race tech products and the ohlins on the forum for re-valving the front end. Both products are about the same cost here at my local shop, $330 for the ohlins and about $300 for the Race tech (Both rebound and compression). Which brings me to my question, if I can only afford to do either compression or rebound which should be first, I will be buying new springs no matter which direction I go.

I've been told compression by the shops that I've talked to, but I figured I'd ask some people who are more familiar with the Shawk.

Also if your in the Denver area what shop would you suggest I do this at, I don't really have the option to do it myself since I live in an apartment and don't have a access to a drill press or even a vice at my friends places, so a local shop is my only option at this time.

I was planning on using Faster Motorsports

Thanks for your input

SlowHAWK 06-04-2008 02:17 PM

I did springs and compression... and was pretty happy.

J.

superbling 06-04-2008 02:20 PM

I'd suggest waiting until you can do them both since you'll be paying twice for labor if you come back later for the other valves. The forks will all ready be apart so it's probably only a hour more labor to add the second set. Surely you can save up enough coin by the off season to only do it once.

Don't know about Ohlins but racetech has an online list of dealers. I'd ask the denver and colorado sport bike communities for their recommendations.

Daniel.Denver 06-04-2008 02:26 PM

Thanks guys for your help, just started a new job so if i wait a pay check or two I can do everything at once.

When I priced everything out, springs, compression, and rebound values including labor, I was at about $640 or so, does this seem reasonable? Bout 400 for parts, just don't know if 200 to 300 for labor is a decent deal.

lhoward1134 06-04-2008 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Daniel.Denver (Post 167529)
Thanks guys for your help, just started a new job so if i wait a pay check or two I can do everything at once.

When I priced everything out, springs, compression, and rebound values including labor, I was at about $640 or so, does this seem reasonable? Bout 400 for parts, just don't know if 200 to 300 for labor is a decent deal.

I would check with Greg Nemish (Hawkrider on here). From what everyone says, he's kind of smart with suspension. When I have $$$$ I am going to hit him up I think. He will tell you what the best setup will be for you based on size, riding conditions, and riding style.

lrrs195 06-04-2008 04:59 PM

+1 on sending your forks to Greg. Hugh improvement over stock.

Hawkrider 06-05-2008 06:13 PM

+2 on sending your forks to Greg.....

:oops: Oops, my bad. That isn't fair, is it? :crackup:

FYI, the Ohlins 20mm kit is pretty good but you'll find amazing similarities between your stock Showa valves and the Ohlins valves in that kit.

I highly recommend just getting a revalve and not messing with aftermarket. And to answer your question specifically, you should revalve both C&R along with respringing for your weight and riding style.

BlackHawk996 06-15-2008 11:10 AM

hey Greg i have been thinking about getting my forks revalved but in all honesty dont have the much of a clue with anything in the suspension department and would like to have my bike setup for me. any idea of price and how long it would take if i rode my ass down to where you live haha.

nuhawk 06-15-2008 03:56 PM

[quote=Hawkrider;167697]+2 on sending your forks to Greg.....

:oops: Oops, my bad. That isn't fair, is it? :crackup: quote]

No, it's not fair but unless your prices have gone up like gas it's the best improvement you can do to a Superhawk hands down.

He asks too many questions, he wants you to weigh your gear. Buttttttt - when they come back, you truly appreciate how the bike flows over the roads instead of chops at it.

For lighter riders with stock equipment this improvement is second only to front brakes in terms of safety. In terms of rider comfort and control, it is top notch.

How's that Nem's? And thanks again - twice!