SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   APE CCT's (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/ape-ccts-21033/)

ranchomice 12-16-2009 01:59 PM

APE CCT's

Can anyone tell me if they are universal for all model year superhawks? I contacted the company directly and they said "as far as we know, they fit them all". I'd like to be clear before I order them!

VTS 12-16-2009 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by ranchomice (Post 247098)
Can anyone tell me if they are universal for all model year superhawks? I contacted the company directly and they said "as far as we know, they fit them all". I'd like to be clear before I order them!

You contacted the company.

That should be pretty clear.

Go to their website, or any website that sells them. The part number is the same. That's what I have encountered.

aperaceparts.com

E.Marquez 12-16-2009 03:28 PM

Same for all year SH

ranchomice 12-16-2009 10:02 PM

That's the thing, it wasen't clear at all! Did you read my post? They said, "as far as we know, they are the same". You'd think the company that makes them would be a little more sure than, as far as we know! Anyway, thanks for the info Tex!

lazn 12-17-2009 07:53 AM

Mechanically the bike never changed (ever). The electrics changed in 01 slightly, and the brake reservoirs in 05, but other than that if it fits one, it will fit them all.

captainchaos 12-17-2009 08:42 AM

You can also check the stock cct part#s for the different years on the ronayers.com microfiche. I'm too lazy to do it right now but I'm guessing they'll all be the same (barring any replacement or updated part#'s) and if they are you'll have your answer.

ranchomice 12-17-2009 04:34 PM

Oredered, shipped, should have them tomorrow. Should be running next week!

nuhawk 12-17-2009 05:03 PM

Don't rush this install. It doesn't take special tools but you need to pay attention. Calitoz write up with pictures is the best. Helps you orient all the important points. Search for Cam Chain Tensioners - not CCT. Once you have read the "library" you can't fuck this up - even despite yourself.

It's the long range solution to a basic engine weakness. Once done - not an issue for 10k's plus. It's a hundred bucks. Call back when your bike is at 30-50,000 miles. It will be time to replace the chains but not the tensioners.

VTS 12-17-2009 06:54 PM

Go to knowledge base, the third item down is Ape cct.

Read

Do

Good luck.:D

ranchomice 12-17-2009 11:29 PM

You're telling a guy that has never been on a forum of any kind, that has been here for like 2 weeks to go to where? I'll snoop around but I've never seen Knowledge base.

ranchomice 12-17-2009 11:31 PM

I'm now Wondering if I should have had more done while the motor was split. :confused: Oh well, I'll just be happy to ride for now! I don't need a laundry list of upgrades to be here right? I've actually wondered how everyone would act if someone just had a "list" that said bone stock and the "list" never changed. Guess that would be boring. Oh, I did order and recieve some flush mounts.

VTS 12-18-2009 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by ranchomice (Post 247286)
You're telling a guy that has never been on a forum of any kind, that has been here for like 2 weeks to go to where? I'll snoop around but I've never seen Knowledge base.

Click onto the unofficial superhawk forum at top left of this screen.
Near the top left there will be a square that says site navigation.
In that square it says home and just below that it says forum. click on that.
That will pull up a list of categories. About the second or third one down will say Knowledge base. Click that one. Bam! Third one down, ape ccts install thread.

You don't need a bunch of mods to "hang". Enjoy, the bike it is great.:D

Egg nog.

E.Marquez 12-18-2009 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by ranchomice (Post 247286)

Have a look here THIS link will take you to the article nuhawk was referring you to.

VTS 12-18-2009 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by TXSuperChicken (Post 247292)

Thats the same one I instructed him to go to. Great article.
Good luck Ranchomice. Make sure you find the knowledge base and look through topics, it's interesting, cool, and you'll learn bunches.:D

ranchomice 12-19-2009 12:53 AM

Thanks guys, I found it last night. I'm not doing it myself. The APE's are on the way, I will deliver them to the mechanic tomorrow and hope to be riding very soon!

Kendrick 12-19-2009 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by VTS (Post 247253)
Go to knowledge base, the third item down is Ape cct.

Read

Do

Good luck.:D

and this is why the board is no longer growing. Look guys they quit making the bike, this is all we have left. Sorry he hasn't been here for years like some of us.

Oh, yeah, and I'm a smart ass.

/goes back to drinking thread...

E.Marquez 12-19-2009 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Kendrick (Post 247418)
and this is why the board is no longer growing. Look guys they quit making the bike, this is all we have left. Sorry he hasn't been here for years like some of us.

Originally Posted by Kendrick (Post 247418)

Oh, yeah, and I'm a smart ass.

/goes back to drinking thread...

Your point was what?

He asked if fitment was all the same,,, he got the direct answer.. It was suggested he read up on the install, and got pointed to a well written article on the topic.

What is it you would have posted that is different and would have met your approval?
From looking at your replies to this topic,,, I'm not seeing any help to the OP..just snide remarks about others..
:cool:

Please post your helpful reply to we can all learn the right way to do it...
:rolleyes:

nuhawk 12-19-2009 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by ranchomice (Post 247417)
Thanks guys, I found it last night. I'm not doing it myself. The APE's are on the way, I will deliver them to the mechanic tomorrow and hope to be riding very soon!

I didn't do mine either but I did print the article so he could follow it. Everything went real smooth and I know he used the print-out because he said he was saving it for future reference.

Kendrick 12-19-2009 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by TXSuperChicken (Post 247423)
Your point was what?

He asked if fitment was all the same,,, he got the direct answer.. It was suggested he read up on the install, and got pointed to a well written article on the topic.

What is it you would have posted that is different and would have met your approval?
From looking at your replies to this topic,,, I'm not seeing any help to the OP..just snide remarks about others..
:cool:

Please post your helpful reply to we can all learn the right way to do it...
:rolleyes:

Wow who knew one snide remark from 4 am could bring so much analysis.

My point isn't that I know anything, this is a discontinued bike. Our community is doing nothing but shrinking.
Maybe we shouldn't blast the new guy...

ranchomice 12-20-2009 03:20 AM

Just looking back over this, what happened? I was wondering if a part fit and it turned into...............hmm.
Thanks for the info, I will be going over some of the stuff from that clip with him. Seems a bit specialized but I think this guy has done thses b4. I will surely be asking, I've had enough problems with it and have barely ridden the bike!

nuhawk 12-20-2009 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Kendrick (Post 247452)
Wow who knew one snide remark from 4 am could bring so much analysis.

But nobody is shooting at you while you sit there in your nog.

nuhawk 12-20-2009 07:36 PM

sometimes it just gets icky

Kendrick 12-20-2009 07:37 PM

mmm...nog

cue Homer