SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   Akra finally arrived!!!!! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/akra-finally-arrived-19336/)

mikstr 06-29-2009 05:00 PM

Akra finally arrived!!!!!

Despite the lingering frustration and thoughts that it would never arrive, my new-to-me Akrapovic full exhaust finally arrived today. Woohoo!!!!! Now I just have to find a way to sneak away for a few minutes to install it :) Oh yeah, and test ride it too, he he

zmaniv 06-29-2009 05:25 PM

Pics please before the install

g_clarke_2008 06-29-2009 07:06 PM

CONGRATS Micky! I know what you've been through and how long you've been waiting, enjoy!

98ILVTR 06-29-2009 07:22 PM

We need pics!;)

Gregw 06-29-2009 07:22 PM

Man, I hope the wait is worth it.

mikstr 06-29-2009 07:50 PM

You and me both (not to mention the money!), lol

I pulled it out of the box to inspect it and everything is in top shape. Very well crafted with tapered tubes and an auxiliary by-pass on the rear header. The cans, which are titanium, are extremely light. I removed the Akrapovic stickers (want it to be as "stealthy" as possible as the cops around here are getting sticky about after market pipes so I want to reduce my exposure; besides, the stickers look tacky IMO). I have decided to put off the creamic coating (will remove it later and have it done so as to not lose riding time) and will try to install it tomorrow...

skokievtr 06-29-2009 08:36 PM

good luck with them, a bro had nothing but problems with his akro ti cans with burn marks; and they would not stand behind them.

shayne 06-29-2009 10:20 PM

Hope you take a couple of pics before you fit them. Be nice to get a good look at the collector and balance pipe.

mikstr 06-30-2009 04:39 AM

will do :)

chickenstrip 06-30-2009 04:52 AM

Aaannnd, what will become of your Blue Flame can?;)

mikstr 06-30-2009 05:00 AM

I'll be selling off the entire system (stock header with heat wrapping and high-temp exhaust paint, and cleaned up inner welds), link pipe (painted flat black with high-temp paint) with collars, Blue Flame Dual Port can (re-packed last year), high mount bracket (anodized black) and custom ZX-9 passenger pegs (which enable you to keep momma happy). However, Yamadog has first dibs as he contacted me about one month ago to express interest. The set-up has a wicked sound and works quite well too :)

mikstr 07-01-2009 09:54 AM

Uploaded a pic of the collector and balancing tube in my gallery :)

trinc 07-01-2009 11:08 AM

congrates ! the header w/ crossover looks good.... get those mounted pics up soon !!!

tim

shayne 07-03-2009 07:48 PM

Are they larger diameter than stock or is it just the picture that makes it look that way?

Malice 09-08-2009 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by mikstr (Post 224640)
You and me both (not to mention the money!), lol

I pulled it out of the box to inspect it and everything is in top shape. Very well crafted with tapered tubes and an auxiliary by-pass on the rear header. The cans, which are titanium, are extremely light. I removed the Akrapovic stickers (want it to be as "stealthy" as possible as the cops around here are getting sticky about after market pipes so I want to reduce my exposure; besides, the stickers look tacky IMO). I have decided to put off the creamic coating (will remove it later and have it done so as to not lose riding time) and will try to install it tomorrow...

What's the auxiliary by-pass and what's it for? I'm planning on building my own headers to convert to an undertail exhaust soon and don't know what that is or what it's for.
________
Vaporgenie Vaporizer Pipe