SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Cosmetic (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/)
-   -   volar integrated tail light (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/volar-integrated-tail-light-26115/)

CptCrunch 07-09-2011 05:36 PM

volar integrated tail light

ok.. I searched the forum and couldn't find the similar problem.

I am installing a volar integrated tail light and I came across a problem when trying to plug the blinker wires in..

the running light and brake lights work when plugged in.. but when I go to plug in say the left side blinker that side of the running light shuts off so only half of the tail light is lit up but the blinkers will still work when i turn the blinker on (same for the other side)

anyone else come across this problem or have a possible solution?

thanks in advance!

K30 07-09-2011 05:42 PM

Same taillight, same issue. Geekonamotorcycle said he fixed his by swapping the two power leads. I have yet to try it, but might do it in a bit and report back with what I figure out.

CptCrunch 07-09-2011 05:49 PM

yeah I tried that and it didn't work.. the tail light works fine.. its just when I plug the blinker wire in that side stops working?

its starting to piss me off.

RWhisen 07-10-2011 06:48 AM

Geek posted this on his blog. Check that the wiring on the tail light is correct.

04-07-11 Integrated tail light installation « Just a Geek On a Bike

geekonamotorcycle 07-11-2011 11:36 AM

Did that work for you? I found the contacts to be flipped on mine.

CptCrunch 07-12-2011 03:18 AM

No that didn't work I already tried flipping them.. I'm lost...

geekonamotorcycle 07-12-2011 08:07 AM

I have no other ideas aside from plugging it into a power source to check it. it might be defective.

sfjreid 07-26-2011 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by CptCrunch (Post 308599)
ok.. I searched the forum and couldn't find the similar problem.

I am installing a volar integrated tail light and I came across a problem when trying to plug the blinker wires in..

the running light and brake lights work when plugged in.. but when I go to plug in say the left side blinker that side of the running light shuts off so only half of the tail light is lit up but the blinkers will still work when i turn the blinker on (same for the other side)

anyone else come across this problem or have a possible solution?

thanks in advance!

I just finished solving this same issue with my VTR. What I had to do was disconnect the wires for the running lights on the front signals. They will still work as signals but will no longer stay lit as running lights. I had about 4 hours of using jumper wires and a battery testing the unit and this what I ended up having to do. The tail light worked fine when using the jumper wires and the battery but when plugged into the bike I had the exact same issue. Hope this helps.

CptCrunch 07-27-2011 03:22 AM

Ok thanks I will try that!

Stumpy 08-01-2011 04:36 PM

Mine does the same thing just about to check it out thanks for the help in advance