SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Cosmetic (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/)
-   -   Tape Works Graphic Kits (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/tape-works-graphic-kits-6640/)

Philipian Ricer 02-15-2005 07:16 AM

Tape Works Graphic Kits

Hey, what do yall think of the tape works graphic kits for the superhawk. I was looking around on there site and im thinkin i might just buy the set. Gives it kind of a 929 look. Anyone ever delt with these before? thanks

heres the kit i was looking at
http://tapeworks.com/Pages/1087.html
either the one at the top, or the one at the bottom with the few extra vtr stickers

grover 02-15-2005 07:26 AM

Re: Tape Works Graphic Kits

I have one of their kits on my bike and love it. There service was outstanding. The only thing is i put the kit on myself and it was horrible to do. My advice would be to let someone do it that does this stuff for a living unless you are really comfortable doing it. I'll try and find a pic of my bike to post up.

superbling 02-15-2005 08:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just like anything, all's it takes is a little practice. :)

I bought some material from a local graphics shop and did my own on one of my old VFR's. Bulk was something like under $2/ft for a total outlay of about $10! :shock: I used the wet method so I could move them around and trim without rushing things. Took about 4 hours to cut/lay. I used rough paper templates to get the basic design before I started cutting the vinyl.

They weren't perfect but they were a heck of a lot cheaper. If you can stay away from complex curves (the upper stripe shown here was a bitch) and apply to mainly flat surfaces, it's down right easy.

NOrrTH 02-15-2005 10:13 AM

Wow! great job! That is one sweet looking VFR. Makes me want it.

StuDaddy 03-01-2005 07:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hmm... bike looks familiar :wink:
I love the kit on my bike... I took off the front "number plate" looking thing though.

L8RGYZ 03-11-2005 03:23 PM

I got my Super Hawk last October & it already had a cool, but understated Tapeworks kit.
Most of their kits show a main color with a contrasting color, such as silver or white, around the edges. Mine is just solid black, which prevents confusion with the Mutant Ninja Turtles.
I had to lose the tacky yellow dirty bike grips, but this pic was taken before that.

102dals 03-11-2005 05:51 PM

Stu,
Where'd you get the "VTR" stickers for the fairing? I'm looking for a set like that? :?:
Thanks,
Andy

BooYeah 03-13-2005 09:17 PM

My hawk will be delivered in about a week. It is a 2002 with 1300 miles.
Well all i have is a really crappy photo and now that i have seen these i just realized the custom graphics is a full tapeworks kit. And I love the way it looks. I am so happy i bought this bike.

StuDaddy 03-22-2005 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by 102dals";p=&quot (Post 3068)
Stu,
Where'd you get the "VTR" stickers for the fairing? I'm looking for a set like that? :?:
Thanks,
Andy

The VTR stickers were already installed when I bought the bike. But I'm sure you can just call up tapeworks and they'll sell you just those stickers.
Here's a pic from thier website (my kit is white, not silver). You can use it when you call them. Say something like "I'm looking for only the VTR stickers that come with kit # 1085"

http://tapeworks.com/motoimages/1085red.jpeg

NOrrTH 03-22-2005 10:27 AM

I stare at #1085 all the time...along with the Moriwaki belly pan, both which I can't afford :cry:

ericsuperhawk 03-26-2005 08:44 AM

I've looked at graphix kits and my biggest fear is that if I mess it up putting it on they sell you another one with no regrets.

superbling 03-26-2005 10:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
As I said before (see VFR pic), you can get bulk tape real cheap from a local graphics shop and practice till you get comfortable with it. THEN, you can apply the tapeworks stuff with confidence.

I made these number plates for less than $10 to match the tapeworks name kit.

ericsuperhawk 03-26-2005 03:46 PM

Good idea but I'm not very artsy. I'd definitely have to find something to trace out. I'll also have to figure out what so of material to buy in bulk to use. But yeah you are correct, why pay out a ton of cash for somebody to basically take the material and cut it out for you? In fact I wouldn't mind putting on something like that then paying somebody to enhance it with a bit of airbrushing, only keep the airbrushing on the tape, that way if you change your mind a year later you can peel it off and move on to the next design.

dsbunton646 03-16-2006 08:49 PM

for those of you who have used the tapeworks kit, how difficult is it to install. that seems to be my biggest fear, followed closely by the price. ha ha!

NOrrTH 03-17-2006 11:28 AM

I'm getting my bike painted then gonna give it a try using the wet method. In the kit they give you a ton of practice pieces so I'm not worried.

dsbunton646 03-17-2006 04:33 PM

let me know when you are done, and maybe post a pic or two.