SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Cosmetic (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/)
-   -   STEBEL NAUTILUS horn (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/stebel-nautilus-horn-15518/)

salmanilla2000 07-22-2008 11:47 AM

STEBEL NAUTILUS horn

I'm thiniking of purchasing one, but I need to know how to install one or if the horn will fit on the a 2005 VTF.

cat0020 07-27-2008 12:30 PM

They are heavy ass horns and require a relay (comes with horn) for the electric load. I had one installed on my former BMW k75. I have a new one still in packaging if you want it, I'll let you have it for $25 plus ship.

salmanilla2000 07-31-2008 05:30 PM

Are they any good? I'm assuming it's not that great if you're selling it.

MisfitToy 07-31-2008 05:52 PM

I never ran a horn It wasnt put on after the front end swap but I had to have one to pass the california inspections toyota 4runner horn worked fine... doubt this helped but bring up the point of who uses a horn?

fishface 08-12-2008 10:39 AM

these babys are loudi had some fitted to a bike once
sounds more like a truck :eek:

MisfitToy 08-12-2008 02:27 PM

... stilll asking the question who honestly uses a horn?

salmanilla2000 08-12-2008 03:54 PM

I accidentally do. Fat fingers.

newb007 08-12-2008 03:59 PM

I had one of these on my DL-1000 Vstrom and on that bike I used it - very loud but useful. I typically only use a horn on back roads to intermittantly scare deer, but hardly ever for other drivers.

filter69 08-12-2008 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by MisfitToy (Post 176135)
... stilll asking the question who honestly uses a horn?

I do quite a lot .... Have to make sure the face matches the ass im staring at going down the road. Love summer time shorts and bikinis......

pauldast 04-25-2009 05:53 PM

I had one on a Kawasaki that I sold before. Very loud and not hard to do the extra wiring. Is there a good place to mount it on a 98 Superhawk? I looks like there may be but it is hard to tell without the horn in hand?

finepooch 04-25-2009 06:01 PM

air horns are good stuff. i had one on my gixxer and i loved it. i stopped a few drivers in their tracks just as they were about to pull out in front of me.

the wiring isn't difficult. you just need to check out bugman's directions. check out the horns section. he's got lots of other neat stuff on there too.
http://www.bugmanweb.com/gsxr/gsxrindex.html

yruyur 04-25-2009 06:31 PM

Buddy at work put one on his Vmax...of course one day he asked me to see if I can figure out what a noise was on his bike..waited until my head was down by the engine and let her rip...i think i jumped about 10 feet in the air, pretty entertaining. He did tell me it got him out of a few tricky situations while riding. Sounded like a damn freight train.

finepooch 04-25-2009 06:39 PM

yup, i had the horns mounted in the trunk like bugman. i'd pop the trunk to show where the horns were mounted. they stick their face right in there, trying to see and i'd give them the surprise! hahaha

i'll never forget one time a woman was at a stop sign getting ready to pull out and cut me off. i blew the horn and she slammed the brakes on. i'll never forget here eyes, they were the size of oranges!

motojoe 04-25-2009 07:24 PM

Yea, I use my horn a lot. You see I have to be the one that saves my own life on a daily basis. You know from that asshat on the cell phone that has been driving along side of you in traffic for the last few miles or so, that decides your lane is moving just a little faster than her's and decides to change lanes without using her turn signal. That is the precise moment I use my horn. To remind her that I am still next to her car. As if she cannot hear my Migs over her cell phone caller's voice.

inderocker 04-25-2009 07:58 PM

I had one on my '04 VFR... loud as hell... considering one for the hawk. Pretty easy to wire in too.