SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Cosmetic (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/)
-   -   SSS measurements (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/sss-measurements-30807/)

smokinjoe73 07-20-2013 11:02 AM

SSS measurements

4 Attachment(s)
Some pics of the SSS setup I have.

Measurements.

Triangle made from 4.75mm aluminum (7075ish)

Top 2 holes (when on bike) are 68.57mm

Front to bottom is 64.54mm

Rear to bottom is 70.57mm

Dog bone length is 106.22 center to center

I will post more and ask if you have questions.

zxbud 07-20-2013 12:57 PM

What is your intent? You have a goal, what is it?

jerryh 07-20-2013 01:21 PM

Short/longterm, what are your plans?

smokinjoe73 07-20-2013 02:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hmm, so the reason I posted this is because I was recieving questions about specs on my single sided swingarm superhawk. This is the pertinent info.

Like I said, if anyone needs any other measurements, LMK.

Pic of bike attached

bpw 07-20-2013 06:28 PM

Im the guy Joe is trying to helpout, Thanks for the info. I think the triangles I have will work if not the info you posted will do it. What Im looking for is dog bone options. And thats still a lil unclear.

The stock vtr one lines up on the outside of the triangles I have perfect. So I was thinkin just bolt it up on the outside right and use a hardened steel spacer to bridge the gap between the triangles that would normally be occupied by the dog bone. Any adverse affect to be known of there?

Joe, I was kinda wanting some real specific info on the dog bone. I know the inner and outer diameter. But I was wanting to know exactly where your dog bone extends. Like its "x" wide I know this number so there will be "x" amount of space on one side and "x" on the other. Its not centered, and I feel like I didnt explain that well at all.... Basically I wanna give some #'s to my machenist and be like "make this" lol. Unless my spacer idea will work? Any input is appreciated.

If you explained it and I just didnt get it my bad.

-Brian

jerryh 07-20-2013 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 359299)
Hmm, so the reason I posted this is because I was recieving questions about specs on my single sided swingarm superhawk. This is the pertinent info.

Like I said, if anyone needs any other measurements, LMK.

Pic of bike attached

That is sweet looking machine!

bpw 07-20-2013 08:51 PM

Or is your dog bone dead center? Thatll make things easy peasy i was thinking it had to be off set a little bit but looking at yours maybe not...

smokinjoe73 07-20-2013 08:54 PM

No its offset just like the shock. I will take measurements tomorrow.

bpw 07-20-2013 09:08 PM

Hey thanks man!

bpw 07-22-2013 03:23 PM

think I got it, Im gonna get a VFR dog bone then make up the space chasis side with the hardend steel spacer from the VTR dog bone. If anyone sees something with this scenario that clearly wont work please speak up and save me $24 lol....

bpw 08-03-2013 09:22 PM

k progress, I got some triangles from a 929 and the dogbone used the spacer on the vtr dog bone and got that all sorted. Now the header, do you happen to have a pic of how your rear header is ran? Is it the stock one with some finagling or is it a custom piece?

smokinjoe73 08-04-2013 04:52 AM

3 Attachment(s)
This is the linkage from the bottom, will take better pics of header, thats what you mean right, for shock clearance?

bpw 08-05-2013 02:18 PM

Yeah I was interested in the rear header. I see your shock takes up considerably more room than the stocker Im gonna run. I was thinkin I had enough room to run it through the swing arm with the shock didnt relize yours was outside the swingarm hadnt thought of that duh...

Do you know if that was made custom are finagled from a stock one?

bpw 08-05-2013 02:59 PM

Also if you dont mind snappin a pic of your caliper and how the ABS was rerouted that would be freaking fantastic! your help is greatly appriciated.

-Brian