SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Cosmetic (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/)
-   -   Show us your aftermarket Bar Ends! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/show-us-your-aftermarket-bar-ends-33195/)

thedeatons 05-13-2015 04:17 PM

Show us your aftermarket Bar Ends!

Mine are a faux carbon fiber by Lockhart Phillips... I don't really care for them.

Show me yours! Whatcha got?!!?

James

CruxGNZ 05-13-2015 04:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got these from the UK eBay. The LED's could be a bit brighter. In the daytime, they are a little hard to see. When I switch to my '07 CBR1000RR front end, I am using Danmotto clipons, which don't allow me to use any aftermarket bar ends, so these will have to go. Darn...

Attachment 22042

scottiemann 05-13-2015 05:48 PM

I'm running bar end mirrors...

mikstr 05-13-2015 07:02 PM

me too..... these: Motorcycle CNC Aluminum Rear View 3" Handle Bar End 7 8" Mirrors Round Black New | eBay

scottiemann 05-13-2015 07:05 PM

oooh those are nice ;) ... I'm running mo cheapo bar end mirrors but I'm thinking about upgrading once the dust settles lol

thedeatons 05-13-2015 07:11 PM

Anyone running a heavy steel aftermarket bar end?

I was checking out the Heavy HVMP bar ends.... Until i saw the $70 price tag.

May have to work on making some out of solid steel tubing....

James

scottiemann 05-13-2015 07:16 PM

why heavy steel? are you looking for more vibration dampening?

thedeatons 05-13-2015 07:18 PM

Well, more than i have now, with these aluminum bar ends. I have lead diver weights slipped into the bars, just looking to add weight to the outer ends.

Anyone know what the stock bar ends weigh in grams or ounces?

James

scottiemann 05-13-2015 07:32 PM

do you have a good drill press (I mean a GOOD one) and a precision vice? and lead laying around? If you dont want to spend any money, I suggest you drill holes in the perimeter of your existing bar ends and fill them with lead... that is if you like the look of your fo-carbon bar ends...

VTR1000F 05-13-2015 07:32 PM

James, there are steel bar ends on eBay for about $25. I don't recall for sure, but I think there is at least one seller claiming to be made in the USA at that price point. I've looked at them, but I'm not settled on what I'm doing for bars, so they're not at the top of the list right now

VTR1000F 05-13-2015 07:36 PM

Check out eBay item 180663757314.

Ships from USA, at least, for $27.

They're made of steel and "weighted". Not sure what you weight steel with for bar ends? Maybe moon rock?

thedeatons 05-13-2015 07:53 PM

Yep, saw those, but i need a universal bar end with the rubber wedge type inner end, as the stock weight is not installed inside my handlebars.

Like i mentioned above, i have diving weights installed in the bars.

James

kenmoore 05-14-2015 02:46 AM

Hey Mikstr,

Those mirrors you have are the same as the ones I have been posting about in the rant section, except the ones I still don't have are silver not black.

Ha ha, at least you have yours.

Good luck James !

E.Marquez 05-14-2015 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by thedeatons (Post 386110)
Anyone running a heavy steel aftermarket bar end?

I was checking out the Heavy HVMP bar ends.... Until i saw the $70 price tag.

May have to work on making some out of solid steel tubing....

James

Yes I have two sets right now… not aftermarket, but from other model bikes, using these on my Apex bars and used them previously on the VFR bars I had.
Both are held in place with an aluminum split wedge I make.

One is an adapted set from a Triumph. They are fairly heavy @365 grams each and have an elastic rubber isolator between the center mount and the end weight itself.
The other set is from a Suzuki …. I honestly cannot remember which model though..
I picked up both as junk at my local dealer when they were replaced as part of an insurance job. //Little [paint stripping and some new powder coat, good as new.

Are you looking for looks? Vibration reduction, added lights?