SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Cosmetic (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/)
-   -   Sharkskinz question. (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/sharkskinz-question-26901/)

mboe794 10-30-2011 10:32 AM

Sharkskinz question.

I'm planning on buying a set of Sharkskinz race rairings sometime over the upcomming winter. My question is about the windscreen. Does one made for a stock body work with Sharkskinz'? I want to get a double bubble but not sure if I can order up just anything. My biggest concern is the abscense of that little marker light. It does not seem that Sharkskinz offers any sort of custom screen. But everything else out there has a cutout area at the bottom for the light.

8541Hawk 10-30-2011 10:41 AM

They use the stock screen.

Yes they leave the cut out for the marker light out but it doesn't change which screen to use.

Also, with a Sharkskinz fairing, you will either need to order their headlight mounting kit or make up something yourself as the headlight no longer mounts to the fairing. ;)

mboe794 10-30-2011 12:30 PM

Thanks for the info. And the headlight is of no concern. I will be ordering their "race" body. The new fairings will never see the steet.

8541Hawk 10-30-2011 12:50 PM

Well no worries then..... ;)

1971allchaos 10-30-2011 05:34 PM

Could you post -What you pay for a set, and where you get a set from...

Wicky 10-30-2011 05:38 PM

Let me google that for you... ;)

Originally Posted by 1971allchaos (Post 317391)
Could you post -What you pay for a set, and where you get a set from...

1971allchaos 10-30-2011 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Wicky (Post 317392)

Wow Wicky- That is the fast reponse for service, I have had in a while...
Do you want me to send you a tip....

I have many racing, aftermarket shops in the area to choose from- Yet variety is everyone's options...
Thank you for your service...

mboe794 10-30-2011 06:19 PM

Where else does a person get new track fairings?

I was planning on ordering them directly from the Sharkskinz website. I would like to start with something new. But if something used and in good shape pops up I would consider it.

msethhunter 10-31-2011 10:36 PM

I have the Sharkskinz on my VTR. The stock windscreen works just fine.

Stumpy 11-04-2011 04:54 AM

Hey Im just leaving work and was reading this but only got the first post read time to leave I am going to put up a set of sharkkskinz for sale later today rear is brand new has never been on a bike as far as I know I got it on the form as the one without the seat was to high for me. this one uses the stock seat. and the front has some rash on it but not bad never notice on the track but if you want it better it is fixable I will have photos and price later today ok got to go.

mboe794 11-04-2011 07:39 AM

Get me some pics and a price and I'll definately consider it. If you could email some better quality pics it would be much appreciated.

mboe794@hotmail.com

Your post is a little hard to follow. Not sure which tail you looking to sell. But I am only interested in the one that does not use the stock seat. I have read a few times that it is consideably taller. At 6'3" I think this will be benificial.

Let me know, thanks.

Stumpy 11-05-2011 12:47 PM

Mine does use the stock seat sent email with pics looking to get $350 for both will put them up in the form later today had company yesterday and about to eat right now