SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Cosmetic (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/)
-   -   rear shock cover (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/rear-shock-cover-10948/)

Zedicus 03-30-2007 09:26 PM

rear shock cover

so, my bike is red an black and the rear shock is yellow. i cant afford an aftermarket shock right now. what you all think? also i can point you to the guys that make them if u want one, they can do any color combo.

http://i7.tinypic.com/2jexkle.jpg

AND i bought some quad stretch vinyl so at some point im going to recover my seat an add some memory foam to it. itl look good an be about 30$ instead of 300$.

SuperHawkins 03-30-2007 09:33 PM

Mixed feelings about it... It's cool if you have the theme going throughout I suppose.

But then again, I'm the guy that takes plastic covers off of brand new cars' motors and leaves them off because *I* think they look stupid, so I think I'm in the minority heh

I like your seat idea, I'd love to see that....I'd thought about redoing and recovering my old one as well, but my butt can't seem to find the bottom of the factory foam on my existing one so that's a no-go until it gets uncomfy!

Zedicus 03-31-2007 06:10 AM

normally im the same way but i hate yellow, (no offense to the yellow hawk guys) i just didnt want one yellow piece on an otherwise all black bike. even my turn signals are now clear on the front and red on the back.

cat0020 03-31-2007 06:17 AM

Pretty neat until one hot day the exhaust pipe lights the thing up in flames between your legs... :boom:
Or the thing melts and coat your shock spring with a layer of vinyl and memory foam.

Hawkrider 03-31-2007 07:42 AM

Am I seeing things or is your rear master cylinder reservoir empty?

I'm going to agree with cat0020. If that thing isn't temperature resistant watch out.

cliby 03-31-2007 09:57 AM

I'm with these guys. and shocks work better when they are cooler, like when there is air passing around them. and I just worry having any cloth or loose material anywhere near the chain/rear wheel.

johnnyhonda 03-31-2007 10:25 AM

I think it looks nice:thumbsup: , but I wouldn't get one only because it would be covered in bruned rubber in 10 min.:headbang: so it would be pointless for me to get one.

Zedicus 03-31-2007 07:54 PM

they shock cover doesnt hav any foam or anything. it fits tight on the shock and is VERY breathable. ATV racers use them all the time, and they push shocks harder and have a lot more debree around them then what this will ever see. and yes they are heat resistant. (this one was made by a place that does shock covers for ATV's all the time)

the vynil and memory foam will be for my seat.

just curios, you guys havent ever used or seen shock covers on anything before???

Birdoprey 03-31-2007 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Zedicus (Post 46457)
just curios, you guys havent ever used or seen shock covers on anything before???

they came out with them for mountain bikes several years ago but they never caught on.

johnnyhonda 04-01-2007 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Zedicus (Post 46457)
ATV racers use them all the time, and they push shocks harder and have a lot more debree around them then what this will ever see.

I was just saying that once It's covered in rubber that you wonuldn't be able to see the flames any more. You can wash off dirt, rubber is a little more permanent.

P.S. a burnout smily face would have worked great here.:lol:

johnnyhonda 04-01-2007 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkrider (Post 46348)
Am I seeing things or is your rear master cylinder reservoir empty?

:shock: You have a great eye. :shock:

Hawkrider 04-01-2007 06:51 AM

Senior enlisted nuke operator in the Navy. That's what I get paid for. :)

Zedicus 04-01-2007 08:05 AM

its not empty, just REALLY low. :P

im not one to burn the back tire so the rubber shouldnt be much of an issue iether...

ATV guys run them to also protect the shock from getting chipped by small rocks and to keep twigs an stuff out of the spring. not an issue here though, just saying the cover isnt gunna hinder the shock performance. (by the way i am an ATV guy also. HONDA 250R, its a legend)

johnnyhonda 04-01-2007 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkrider (Post 46495)
Senior enlisted nuke operator in the Navy. That's what I get paid for. :)

And you do it well.:thumbsup:

Zedicus, I'm glad you don't burn your tire off it gets real expencive, real fast. So it should stay nice and purdy for you. I think it looks nice.:thumbsup:

P.S. hawkrider what about that burnout smily?

Hawkrider 04-01-2007 08:39 AM

I'll see what I can do.

Hawkrider 04-01-2007 08:43 AM

Like this? :burnout:

johnnyhonda 04-01-2007 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkrider (Post 46519)
Like this? :burnout:

That will do.:burnout: Was that always there?