SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Cosmetic (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/)
-   -   Peg Interchange - Swap Footpeg (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/peg-interchange-swap-footpeg-30678/)

thedeatons 06-29-2013 08:46 PM

Peg Interchange - Swap Footpeg

Hey guys...

This may already be out there, but I am having trouble finding it. I'd like to know what footpegs fit our bike with little to no modifications.

I've already read about bolting on other pegs in different locations - NOT INTERESTED IN THAT.

I'd like to know for instance: Will a CBR1000RR or VFR750 or VFR800 peg fit in our stock footpeg location with little effort?

Thanks!
James

NHSH 06-29-2013 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by thedeatons (Post 358054)
Hey guys...

This may already be out there, but I am having trouble finding it. I'd like to know what footpegs fit our bike with little to no modifications.

I've already read about bolting on other pegs in different locations - NOT INTERESTED IN THAT.

I'd like to know for instance: Will a CBR1000RR or VFR750 or VFR800 peg fit in our stock footpeg location with little effort?

Thanks!
James

VFR's do fit, CBR1000RR not sure, but most likely yes, F4I, F3, F2, CBR900's, most Honda models from the era do fit, there are also some Suzuki and Yamaha from that time that fit as well

thedeatons 07-01-2013 07:56 AM

Do you know what year VFR pegs fit?

7moore7 07-01-2013 08:16 AM

Probably all of them. Really. I bought pegs a month ago and Honda seems to not have broken the mold for their sport bike peg configuration for 20 years.

Here's how I bought mine (which were for a 2005 600rr supposedly). I looked at pics of the VTR peg and looked at pics of the other one.

Most of the part numbers (aside from the actual peg) are the same on RonAyers. So I went for it and the set fit perfectly. I think the only thing they change is the actual peg, but the mounting points are all the same (which means that aftermarket stuff makes no difference)

7moore7 07-01-2013 08:19 AM

Black Front Rear Footrests Foot Pegs for Honda CBR600RR 03 06 CBR1000RR 04 11 | eBay

If you want absolute certainty, this is the exact set I bought. Good old Chinese aluminum.

YoshSuperHawk 07-02-2013 11:12 AM

I removed my stock SuperHawk footpegs and replaced them with 2004 CBR100RR pegs :D
Direct Swap with no hassle!

996thehawk 07-02-2013 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by 7moore7 (Post 358137)
Black Front Rear Footrests Foot Pegs for Honda CBR600RR 03 06 CBR1000RR 04 11 | eBay

If you want absolute certainty, this is the exact set I bought. Good old Chinese aluminum.

How are those pegs holding up? I'm always hesitant about buying China stuff. I really want black ones though.

7moore7 07-02-2013 01:42 PM

For the price, they have worked great... for the last three weeks... I haven't had them long enough to really say. I just needed a cheap replacement for the current pegs I was running

I was using round round pegs - those ones that have a base and then a screw on peg - that I was OK with. I was tentative at first about using those because all of the weight of my grippy shoes seemed like a poor idea on something that could unscrew. But so many pegs were being made this way that I figured the Motorcycle industry knew something that I didn't. I work with bicycles a lot, and the left pedal is reverse threaded onto the crank so that the spinning motion of the person biking doesn't undo it as you're riding. Well, turns out this is done for a reason, and my fear about the pegs was also valid! The darn left peg unscrewed on a ride! I didn't notice it getting lose or anything, just one moment it was gone. So I decided to get a set that this couldn't happen with.

Anyway, The kit seems good. I wouldn't trust my life with anything load bearing on a dangerous piece of equipment made by those corner cutting mass producers of the 21st century (ha!) The hardware is all there and the fit is on par with OEM (though certainly not better). It even uses c-clips instead of cottar pins which I like. The finish from the passenger pegs is different from the rider ones, although this is not something that I pay much attention to. Best way I can describe it is one looks painted and the other looks power coated.