Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Paint opinions

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 03:12 AM
SuperSport

ACE VenTRa is on a distinguished road
Paint opinions

Ok,,,I hope this doesn't turn out to be a tire thread but... I cant decide if I should paint, powder coat, polish, or leave standard my frame. It's on the bench now being prepped for all four options. Instinctively I feel that polish is tacky, which leaves stock, paint and powder....I'm thinking dark grey charcoal-ish. Any thoughts, pro's/cons?

AV
Old 11-11-2018, 05:03 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ACE VenTRa
Ok,,,I hope this doesn't turn out to be a tire thread but... I cant decide if I should paint, powder coat, polish, or leave standard my frame. It's on the bench now being prepped for all four options. Instinctively I feel that polish is tacky, which leaves stock, paint and powder....I'm thinking dark grey charcoal-ish. Any thoughts, pro's/cons?

AV
Truly a persona decision. Its just what you like.
For me, no way Id polish ..A I don't like the look and B its labor intensive to maintain unless you clear coat and Im never going to spend the time to keep it looking good.
So that leaves Stock and powder coat.
I like the stock look just fine so as long as it remains in good condition I will not be PCing the frame...but If I had need to have the frame off Id strongly consider doing the frame...and then adding CF guards at wear points to maintain the finish. What color???? lol, well that is a question... for me not a common black and not a flashy blaze orange as I think the red base color looks best with a silver'ish frame .. I think it would be likely a 2 part job (2 colors) and it would be some flavor of silver to gunmetal gray in both parts.
If I decided on a non stock color pattern on the plastics and tank....I can see doing the frame in a contrasting color or black for sure..
Likely a mat black though not glossy

Last edited by E.Marquez; 11-11-2018 at 05:06 AM.
Old 11-11-2018, 01:05 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
I'd say
1 - stock
2 - pc (and same color to swinger and fork lowers)

and never consider paint or polish.
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...0-build-30939/