SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Cosmetic (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/)
-   -   mototeck undertail finally installed! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/mototeck-undertail-finally-installed-20679/)

t-dogg 11-06-2009 01:12 PM

mototeck undertail finally installed!

3 Attachment(s)
Have had it sitting forever and just decided to get it over with. Took only a days work. I had to buy an unpainted one from ebay and paint it myself but it came out good. Used rustoleum spray paint from Home Depot, they have a color called Chinese Red and its almost dead on our red. Installation wasnt extremely bad. The wiring diagram they give is soo far off and the leds arent that great. Glueing down the leds sucked too. Couldnt stand putting the plate at the end so I put it in closer. I guess I'll run it like that till I get a ticket lol...

cliby 11-06-2009 01:46 PM

very nice, big improvement in looks. How visible are the turn signals from a distance?

tlacourse 11-06-2009 01:49 PM

that is nice!! how difficult was it?

Billzilla15 11-06-2009 01:50 PM

looks good man i got the same thing on mine, fit and finish was great, the wiring sucked and watch out for the resistors inline of the turn signals they tend to break off and if you bypass them the led turns red instead of orange (i know from experience)

anyways looks good nothing like a hawk in the fastest color out there

t-dogg 11-06-2009 02:09 PM

Signals arent that great from a distance but somewhat visible. I def. still throw out hand signals just incase. Really was not that difficult. I used an air powered die grinder and a kitchen knife to cut it all. Took it out for a test ride with a group today and the craziest thing happened. Went out with about 15 people and one of the guys crashed and was killed on rt.915 in KY! He was way behind me and was riding above his limits to keep up and slid out and went over top of a guard rail into a creek! Still kind of shooken up about it seeing people giving him cpr for an hour. I didnt really know him, but his name is Stewart and he was in the group the AssFault Junkies. Please keep his family in your prayers...

trevorh1 11-06-2009 02:27 PM

wow sorry to here about that, but the bike looks good, really cleans up the back end of these things. where did u find the big wing graphic for the side of your bike ive been lookin all over and cant seem to find one

t-dogg 11-06-2009 02:50 PM

www.tapeworks.com where I got them from..

cliby 11-06-2009 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by t-dogg (Post 242150)
Went out with about 15 people and one of the guys crashed and was killed on rt.915 in KY! He was way behind me and was riding above his limits to keep up and slid out and went over top of a guard rail into a creek! Still kind of shooken up about it seeing people giving him cpr for an hour. I didnt really know him, but his name is Stewart and he was in the group the AssFault Junkies. Please keep his family in your prayers...

lets all take that lesson to heart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObeFg...layer_embedded

nuhawk 11-06-2009 04:00 PM

It's a hard time of year to remember it - if you have a chance to ride - don't drink - Greg's philos on this is Not Even One! Randy has been there. And it's for real for me.

Lots of changing conditions out there. Be on top of your game or have your game on top of you!

yruyur 11-06-2009 07:47 PM

can you take pics of under the seat, im assuming this replaces the stock stuff underneath including the battery holder. Curious about how much trunk space this gains you.. Looks great red is spot on.

t-dogg 11-07-2009 04:50 AM

Well u gain alot more space, but shit slides around too much on that huge hump. The battery box is the same. You cut just behind the box and the rest of the electronics i zip tied to the subframe. Ill post a pic soon on it. Yeah it was pretty crazy seein all that yesterday. I know that i am a different rider because of his death. It was all just so disscusting. Never ride above your limits!

Stevebis1 11-07-2009 11:14 AM

I would recommend adding an integrated turn signal LED tail light; I did on mine. The angle that the LEDs shine on the mototeck makes them really hard to see during from directly behind the day.
Also I agree on the plate - kept mine up front for a bit, but finally put it back when I went up to Americade. Too many cops during that event.

Dan Cronin 11-07-2009 04:37 PM

The undertail looks great. Color matches well.
Can't imagine you'll go too long with the plate hidden like that. LOL

Cliby,
That slide into the grandstand seats must have hurt!

t-dogg 11-07-2009 06:07 PM

Thanks, yeah i guess if i get pulled over for it then ill move it. A ticket isnt worth looking cool...

txsuperhawk 11-09-2009 10:53 AM

Color looks great, really came out slick. Great job!

trevorh1 11-10-2009 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by t-dogg (Post 242156)
www.tapeworks.com where I got them from..

thanks!