SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Cosmetic (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/)
-   -   Moriwaki belly pan and rearsets (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/moriwaki-belly-pan-rearsets-14364/)

cliby 04-14-2008 06:29 PM

Moriwaki belly pan and rearsets

3 Attachment(s)
OK, most of the mods I've done have been focused on making it perform better. but I ordered this belly pan to clean up the lower part of the engine a bit. Didn't like that many of the bellypans out there that try to match the lower fairing edge, but always liked this one. Not as cool as Mario Navas but that requires a whole fairing as well. I originally ordered it so long ago I had almost forgotten/given up on it. Finally suprise box came and got it installed and got some pics tonite. excuse the dirt. but for those always searching for belly pan photos when deciding what looks good this can add to the search findings. Moriwaki definitely make nice parts.

mikstr 04-14-2008 06:36 PM

Looks good Bill :)

I like the looks of your pipes too.

captainchaos 04-14-2008 06:49 PM

Yeah I like the look of that one too. Sweet.

mikstr 04-14-2008 07:08 PM

She must be a sweet runner too what with teh engine and suspension mods and all :)

nova_scotian_996 04-14-2008 07:41 PM

What kinda cash are we looking at for one of those....if ya dont mind me asking..

Blue Ridge Boy 04-14-2008 07:49 PM

I'm liking the rear sets. How much did they move your feet and up and back?

cliby 04-14-2008 08:05 PM

thanks guys. the bike is really great now - if honda had just made a few updates they could have sold a lot more of them. to me its about the perfect realworld sport bike now. anywhere near street-sane speeds its as capable as anything I've ridden.

novascotia. the belly pan was right around 400 I believe. I ordered it a long time ago - so I could be off a bit. but any of the pans I liked were going to be at least 300 and this one I liked a lot.

blue ridge - I have them on the lowest and most forward of 4 options. This is a noticeable change from stock - more back than up I would say. the shift in position actually makes the reach to the bars for me more comfortable, which I wasn't expecting. I'm only 5'8" - if I was very much taller moving the pegs up/back from stock would really make the bike uncomfortable for any distance - but I am a wimp when it comes to comfort on a bike, I admit.

vtecv4 04-14-2008 08:45 PM

Man I love Moriwaki parts. Do they make hight mounts for the VTR? Or can you adapt them from the RC's?

Also, we're can you order them from? Last time I looked Valley Honda sold some bits but the last time I inquired they said they are backordered for six months! I was going to get the dual cans and put them on my vif and fabricating the mid pipes.

cliby 04-15-2008 09:18 AM

the only person I have found willing to still order is Sierra BMW - Tom in the parts area has been helpful. it takes a while, sometimes a long time to get from japan, but eventually it comes. Its always a little wierd though because many times it still comes with a box with BVH somewhere on the box, so there must be some relationship even though BVH will no longer get them for us.

Dusty B 04-15-2008 10:04 AM

Looking good. Really like the rearsets.

vtecv4 04-15-2008 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by cliby (Post 159753)
the only person I have found willing to still order is Sierra BMW - Tom in the parts area has been helpful. it takes a while, sometimes a long time to get from japan, but eventually it comes. Its always a little wierd though because many times it still comes with a box with BVH somewhere on the box, so there must be some relationship even though BVH will no longer get them for us.

Right on, thanks man. Wonder if there are any shops in Japan that I could directly from too.

Love the rearsets man.

GeMs 04-15-2008 12:45 PM

How much hp/tq is your bike making with all the mods?

cliby 04-15-2008 02:00 PM

peak is 116 hp and 73 torque. Nice smooth curves on both and strengthened everywhere from about 3500 rpm and up, lost nowhere. baseline before any mods was about 100 hp.

nnjhawk02 05-01-2008 04:29 AM

Looks good

How long does it take to remove to get to oil filter?

How many bolts per side (2?)