SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Cosmetic (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/)
-   -   Corbin Seat,,, it dont fit (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/corbin-seat-dont-fit-30384/)

E.Marquez 05-16-2013 11:32 AM

Corbin Seat,,, it dont fit

My ass and reach that is.

Just took a 30 mile ride with my new to me Corbin seat....

1st thoughts..... It's going up for sale I think.
  • The "Sweet spot" or "Butt Pocket" is too far back for my short little arms.
  • Gas it hard and I slide back.
Not happy at all.. I had high hopes. :mad:

festertruck 05-16-2013 11:47 AM

seat

Idea on how much you might want?

E.Marquez 05-16-2013 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by festertruck (Post 355033)
Idea on how much you might want?

Yup, if I sell it (know by monday)
Just what I paid for it 3 days ago.. $275 plus shipping. No one will win on this deal but paypal:eek:

captainchaos 05-16-2013 12:51 PM

My 2 cents is they LOOK awesome...otherwise they fit the bike and the solo seat cover like shit and they're also boat anchors...if you haven't already try a sargent.

E.Marquez 05-16-2013 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by captainchaos (Post 355035)
My 2 cents is they LOOK awesome...otherwise they fit the bike and the solo seat cover like shit and they're also boat anchors...if you haven't already try a sargent.

Mine fits well, and looks as good as the OEM seat with the cowl.. Just dont fit my ass :p

captainchaos 05-16-2013 01:29 PM

Ever see this? I posted this awhile back. If you're crafty and have some free time...

DIYMotorcycleSeat.com - Home Page

Wolverine 05-16-2013 01:47 PM

Well that sucks Erik. At least you can resell to recoup the money. I like my Corbin but I've never tried a Sargent so I couldn't give an objective comparison. Hell, put up a want for a Sargent, you had great luck with the brace.

Tweety 05-16-2013 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Wolverine (Post 355042)
Well that sucks Erik. At least you can resell to recoup the money. I like my Corbin but I've never tried a Sargent so I couldn't give an objective comparison. Hell, put up a want for a Sargent, you had great luck with the brace.

I tried both... I ended up selling the Corbin, and keeping the Sargent...

diverpik 05-16-2013 02:50 PM

I may be interested. Does it have the rear cowl,and what color is it

8541Hawk 05-16-2013 03:23 PM

We know its because you tired to pick the Corbin up and gave yourself a hernia...... :rotf::rotf::rotf:

The are a bit "hefty" huh...... ;)

Letsrideinsc 05-16-2013 03:24 PM

Ain't that the truth! I just took my Corbin off for fun to see how the old stock one felt, it's been 10 years since I sat on the stock seat. Not bad! The Corbin makes the bike feel fatter/wider, the stock makes it feel like a bicycle. The front of the stock seat sits lower on the tank, so when riding with a passenger, your balls are in for a tough ride. The Corbin has a solid inch rise over the stock, and better cushion for the passenger. I think this is where they went wrong because I too slide back in the seat at times. But I'm 6'4 and have long arms. The weight though...stock is like 1/2 the weight of the Corbin. I figured that I will just swap seats when a passenger wants to go for a scoot, and I actually like the stock seat again! Go figure.

E.Marquez 05-16-2013 03:35 PM

So after sitting in the sun a few hours and another 30 miles.. It's better, I no longer slide on it.. Perhaps the seat was "cleaned" before purchase and that cleaner was making it slippery...
No matter one of my concerns is no more ....

E.Marquez 05-16-2013 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by diverpik (Post 355049)

The cowl is not part of the seat.. so no... the seat has no cowl :p

The Seat is black on black

You can see it here https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...blk-blk-30364/
As this is the seat I bought.

Im letting it ride...pun intended till monday.. by then I'll have put another 300 -400 miles on it and we will see.
I'll put up a proper classifieds ad if i decide to sell.

RWhisen 05-16-2013 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by diverpik (Post 355049)

There is a RED cowl for sale in the classified section.
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...k-stuff-30225/

tbartley 05-17-2013 08:22 AM

+1 on the Sargent. I had a Corbin on another bike and the sargent is a better fit for me. Sorry for your troubles EM. If you have an old stocker and some time, maybe a DIY is a good project to take up...

supermarto 05-17-2013 10:34 AM

I'm almost 6 ft tall and I can't ride with my ass that far back in the pocket of my Corbin either. But it's broken in, and I don't slide around. What's pissing me.off is that I can't get the "lady" backrest off of my "gunfighter" even with the biggest mallet I own. It is unbolted, it just refuses to budge. Any ideas?

E.Marquez 05-17-2013 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by supermarto (Post 355128)
I'm almost 6 ft tall and I can't ride with my ass that far back in the pocket of my Corbin either. But it's broken in, and I don't slide around. What's pissing me.off is that I can't get the "lady" backrest off of my "gunfighter" even with the biggest mallet I own. It is unbolted, it just refuses to budge. Any ideas?

I have not looked.. Does the hole go all the way through the seat? If so, a drift and dead blow hammer from the back side should work

Wolverine 05-17-2013 02:25 PM

It is unbolted, it just refuses to budge. Any ideas?

Did the bolt come out clean, is part of it still in there broken off?
The hole doesn't go all the way through from the backrest post. I just looked at mine and it appears that you may be able to drill a hole and try to push it out as Erik described. I would advise a delicate approach if you plan to continue using the backrest though. I would try some PB Blaster in there and try to work it loose the normal way first. Maybe a wood working clamp reversed would help. The top one in this image:
http://www.leevalley.com/en/images/i.../17f8112s1.jpg
You could try to make it work with some straps?? Just trying to throw out some ideas.

skokievtr 05-17-2013 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tweety (Post 355046)
I tried both... I ended up selling the Corbin, and keeping the Sargent...

Ditto but I had Sargent make mine +1.5" and the carved my patented ball gutter & tush pan in and added some memory foam. So now it's +.75" for more leg room along with the Vario pegs.

Markus, how's the homestead coming now that winter is just about over for u?

E.Marquez 05-17-2013 05:21 PM

68 more miles today...and it's growing on me..... Wifey works Sat now (love her working at a bike shop.. but it puts a cramp on our weekend rides)

I'll ride sat, and sunday for sure.... and have a final buttOmeter review then.

skokievtr 05-17-2013 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by E.Marquez (Post 355166)
68 more miles today...and it's growing on me..... Wifey works Sat now (love her working at a bike shop.. but it puts a cramp on our weekend rides)

I'll ride sat, and sunday for sure.... and have a final buttOmeter review then.

E-MAN

PLZ CALIBRATE 1~10 PAIN THRESHOLD

RWhisen 05-17-2013 06:28 PM

A small addition to your riding gear and you'll really love the seat.....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/a275dc92e...08xo1_1280.jpg

skokievtr 05-17-2013 07:30 PM

My tush glove

5 Attachment(s)
Revision 4, good for 3~5 tank full before a feed stop

supermarto 05-18-2013 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Wolverine (Post 355156)
Did the bolt come out clean, is part of it still in there broken off?
The hole doesn't go all the way through from the backrest post. I just looked at mine and it appears that you may be able to drill a hole and try to push it out as Erik described. I would advise a delicate approach if you plan to continue using the backrest though. I would try some PB Blaster in there and try to work it loose the normal way first. Maybe a wood working clamp reversed would help. The top one in this image:
http://www.leevalley.com/en/images/i.../17f8112s1.jpg
You could try to make it work with some straps?? Just trying to throw out some ideas.

Mine has a length of billet aluminum coming off the bottom of the backrest extending under the passenger pad about five inches. Theres a single bolt on the underside of the pan, screws into the billet arm that is definitely all the way out. I can't see what's holding her in.

Wolverine 05-18-2013 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by supermarto (Post 355210)
Mine has a length of billet aluminum coming off the bottom of the backrest extending under the passenger pad about five inches. Theres a single bolt on the underside of the pan, screws into the billet arm that is definitely all the way out. I can't see what's holding her in.

Mine's the same of course, I was just throwing out ideas as to how you could possibly get it out. If the screw came out clean, there shouldn't be anything significant holding it in. I want to make a GoPro mount that goes in there very soon.

Tweety 05-18-2013 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by skokievtr (Post 355161)
Markus, how's the homestead coming now that winter is just about over for u?

OT... ;)

Just about over? I'm standing in the friggin sun sweating my ass off, making new gates for my workshop... ;)

8541Hawk 05-18-2013 01:25 PM

Have you tried contacting Corbin and asking them?

Corbin
2360 Technology Parkway
Hollister, CA 95023
831-634-1100 Tel | 831-634-1059 Fax | 800-538-7035 Toll Free

Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | General Mailbox | 800-538-7035

supermarto 05-18-2013 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk (Post 355218)
Have you tried contacting Corbin and asking them?

Corbin
2360 Technology Parkway
Hollister, CA 95023
831-634-1100 Tel | 831-634-1059 Fax | 800-538-7035 Toll Free

Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | General Mailbox | 800-538-7035

Sure did. To quote Phil Collins, "There's no reply at all..." probably because I told em' it's a second hand unit. Even though I also mentioned I want it off because I'm thinking about their luggage.

VtrInMtl 05-18-2013 06:14 PM

I just test fitted my backrest into my Corbin. There is nothing except the bottom screw holding it in. Just put some muscle behind it and it'll come right out.

supermarto 05-18-2013 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by VtrInMtl (Post 355231)
I just test fitted my backrest into my Corbin. There is nothing except the bottom screw holding it in. Just put some muscle behind it and it'll come right out.

Thank you. I'm gonna go at it tomorrow.