SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Cosmetic (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/)
-   -   Check out my new exhaust (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/check-out-my-new-exhaust-9187/)

Hawkrider 08-22-2006 02:04 PM

Gentlemen,

Please keep the personal bashing limited to PMs....and please work it out amongst yourselves. That is all.

superhawk22 08-22-2006 03:06 PM

Don't worry, I'm done with this.:mrgreen:

mr.billet 08-22-2006 05:38 PM

No heli bars on my bike. I machined the bottom of the top triple clamp and the clip on to clear the fairing. It only took about an 1/8 inch to clear. Tapered bearings are not need as the 954 and vtr use the same parts. Used after market wheels for a cbr954rr front and rear and front brakes are stock honda cbr900rr that I had hanging around.

superhawk22 08-22-2006 05:54 PM

That's another way to do it, wish I had access to your tools. Might I suggest that you try the tappered bearings, I think you'll like the improvement.

xboxxer 08-22-2006 07:22 PM

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll keep it stock for now :lol: off topic a bit, I think that superhawk22 and mr.billet would be best of friends in the right environment. Best of luck.

A Team 08-22-2006 09:16 PM

Looks good. Can you use your passanger pegs?

Scumbag 08-22-2006 10:15 PM

you have any pics of the chopped swingarm off the bike?

mr.billet 08-23-2006 03:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes the passenger pegs are fully functional and the brackets have leds mounted in the for turnsignals. I don't have any pics of the swingarm off the bike rite now, but I will post pics of swingarm off the bike later when I strip it down to powder coat the frame.

hawxter996 08-23-2006 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by xboxxer
I was just wondering how complex was the swingarm swap? Were any modification needed (different chain etc.)? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, did you stick with the stock shock or would an rc shock fit with the conversion? Same questions regarding the front end swap. Thanks much.

Boxxer, rc51 swingarm is longer, new linkage has to be made. i have one mounted but since I DONT HAVE THE SKILLS to cut and weld arm i am leaving it at stock length.....(better hole shots!). when i have time this weekend i will post my findings on subject.

mike e.

hawxter996 08-23-2006 04:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by superhawk22
Well MR. Billet, since we're making our true feelings known, I've said nothing about your pipes until now. The only thing I like about your bike is the swing arm, and to tell you the truth the pipes do not flow with the bike and look like they were made by a 13 year old. The bike doesn't look stock at all and anybody could tell it's not factory but that's just my opinion. As a matter of fact I found a sign that you need to put on the back of your bike. :lol:

Hey, super im the one who asked questions before and got unfreindly reply. but hey dont mind the mess but this guy got me ruffled......presenting

daedalusfalling 08-23-2006 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by hawxter996
Hey, super im the one who asked questions before and got unfreindly reply. but hey dont mind the mess but this guy got me ruffled......presenting

Maybe it's the photo angle, but your bike looks really compressed. Are you going all german streetfighter? You know, the ones where the tail looks like it's ripe to be mounted.

hawxter996 08-23-2006 11:10 AM

yeah the angle is wierd. i am going for the superbike look.

prob go with sharkskinz rc51 body with filled in ram duct.

have other pics will post them and linkage i am working on.

L8RGYZ 08-23-2006 03:08 PM

Slick! Love the upswept look. Gives sort of an RC51 flavor.