SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Members Rides (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/)
-   -   Yet Another VTR (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/yet-another-vtr-23237/)

63ronin 07-21-2010 07:33 PM

Yet Another VTR

3 Attachment(s)
Hi All

Second post to this forum. Figured I'd add shots of my bike. '98 VTR1000 Firestorm. Bought it new when I still lived in Canada. So I got the Firestorm graphics and not the Superhawk ones in the US.

Has full Moriwaki Ti exhaust. I've been told it sounds great from the back. Also has a Dynojet kit, K&N in the airbox, Spiegler screen, Hurricane bars, Coerce fork brace and sprocket cover.

I just had the water pump seal replaced. Bike sat mostly dormant for two and a bit years while I was working in Australia. I don't think it liked that. But it's all good now.

Attachment 27199

Close up of one of the end cans.
Attachment 27200

Got the fork brace off e-bay. Never heard of the company and the item was shipped from Japan. So it was a bit of a crap shoot that turned out quite well.
Attachment 27201

BBB 07-21-2010 08:44 PM

Plus you don't need to remove your forks to fit them.

Where did you work in Australia, and what were you doing?

BBB

98VTRrider 07-21-2010 08:46 PM

I like it! was wondering if I'd ever see another VTR with these pipes on here. I love them too!

63ronin 07-22-2010 08:01 AM

Actually, I did have to remove the forks in order to get the fork protectors off. The ones that mount to the top of the sliders. But that wasn't too bad of a chore.

I'm an Engineer and design, program, and start up industrial control systems. So I was working on a wastewater treatment plant in a town couple hours east of Melbourne. 2 - 1/2 year (including a few months helping out with a project in Hawaii). Lots of cool bikes in Australia that we don't get here in the good old USA.

First VTR I saw was a Moriwaki race bike. Decided then and there I had to have a yellow one with the pipes. Hey 98VTRrider... how do you like the pistons and cams?

98VTRrider 07-22-2010 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by 63ronin (Post 274805)
Hey 98VTRrider... how do you like the pistons and cams?

I love them, last year I rode a 2002 VTR that only had exhaust. Let me tell you this is a whole different bike. I'm still waiting for the PO to send dyno sheets. He said he rode an RC-51 back to back with my bike, and the VTR didn't quite have the top end the RC had, but was close. That's fine for me, because I like being able to cruise more comfortably.

nothing 07-22-2010 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by 63ronin (Post 274805)
Actually, I did have to remove the forks in order to get the fork protectors off. The ones that mount to the top of the sliders. But that wasn't too bad of a chore.

I'm an Engineer and design, program, and start up industrial control systems. So I was working on a wastewater treatment plant in a town couple hours east of Melbourne. 2 - 1/2 year (including a few months helping out with a project in Hawaii). Lots of cool bikes in Australia that we don't get here in the good old USA.

First VTR I saw was a Moriwaki race bike. Decided then and there I had to have a yellow one with the pipes. Hey 98VTRrider... how do you like the pistons and cams?

that sounds like a pretty badass job, so you're a systems engineer? I'm electrical, I love it. Just gotta get myself around the world like you, hah.

Nice bike too, love those cans!! Should have got red I heard they are faster ;)
Welcome back!

L8RGYZ 07-22-2010 09:07 AM

Looks great! (I miss my v-twin.)

lazn 07-22-2010 09:41 AM

Welcome!