SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Members Rides (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/)
-   -   Track Day Pics (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/track-day-pics-7294/)

cdyer77 07-02-2005 12:07 PM

Track Day Pics

1 Attachment(s)
I did Pocono East yesterday with Team Pro Motion - Awesome day. Just thought I post a pic or two

cdyer77 07-02-2005 12:08 PM

Re: Track Day Pics

1 Attachment(s)

superhawk22 07-02-2005 12:59 PM

8) Don't you love going flat out with out having to worry about people with four wheels!!!!
I've got some nice pics of mine at a track down here called jennings that has track days just about every other weekend but I'm having problems with my computer and photos. :evil:
How did you fare I know it wasn't a race but did the hawk keep pace? I've only gone in the novice class so far but my buddie's on a gsxr 1000 and we have a great time swapping positions. We're only about 20 seconds off the lap record so not to slow. I want to move up to intermediate but right now we would rather be the fastest novices than the slowest intermediates. :D But a real novice almost made me eat pavement last time which made me think about moving up. :evil:

cdyer77 07-02-2005 05:35 PM

I run in the novice group as well. Like you said, its better to be a faster novice then slower intermediate. The hawk keeps a good pace, really pnly being passed by the control riders. My lap times are pretty consistent at 1:28 with the expert class running 1:12 - 1:18. So I figure I'm not doing too bad. Besides I tend to ride a little conservative as this is also my streetbike and I dont want to wad it up. Once I finish my "track only" bike I should be able to pick up a few seconds.

penst8grad 07-02-2005 05:44 PM

Very cool. I was off yesterday and should have come over to watch. Instead I rented a Jackhammer and tore up my driveway.

cdyer77 07-02-2005 05:58 PM

Yeah it was a good day (overcast all day) which was fine with me, kept it about 15 degrees cooler, and didnt have any mechanical or (cosmetic isuues if you know what I mean).
Burned thru a set of 208 GP's and a set of Ferrodo race pads.
Money well spent!

Running a jackhammer all day sounds fun though too!

superhawk22 07-02-2005 06:10 PM

Sounds about the same and I know what you mean you want to go faster but that little voice inside your head keeps going this is your only motorcycle remember. shut up you little bitch I'm trying to concentrate on being fast!!!!!!!!!! :D
The last time I went June 10-11 it wasn't only overcast there was that stupid little hurricane about 200 miles away. It rained on and off all weekend!! All the experts kept saying was "it makes you learn how to be smooth." All I kept thinking was "learn" oh that's why your leathers are all rashed. But I was amazed at how much stickier the track is then regular pavement ended up having a blast!! :twisted:

cdyer77 07-02-2005 06:20 PM

I keep thinking of moving up to the intermediate group just so I dont have a real beginner take me out. There was 1 or two close calls yesterday nothing too bad though.
The grip is definately 100x better then the street. I still think its cool to look at your tires and see all the heated up and shredded rubber. Lets me know I'm doing something right.

superhawk22 07-02-2005 06:32 PM

Same here first I almost lowsided because he cut me off, so I had to lean harder to get around gave it a little more gas to take a new line rear wheel slid out. Then got out of the throttle to correct slide took too much off grabed traction almost high sided!!! Saved it as I passed him riding on my tank!!!!!!!!! I swear if my nuts weren't inside of me and my fuel filler was open they would have been drenched in gas. :shock: Good thing I rode dirt bikes for so long before street it lets you do things you would never even think of doing other wise. :lol: All in good fun though no hard feelings just had to change the skivies.

jvhy 07-03-2005 03:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Few more track day pics. Just were at the track, 23rd of June...

-Janne (VTR1000F & RG250W)

jvhy 07-03-2005 03:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
oooops...;-) Didn't mean to post that pic twise!

superhawk22 07-08-2005 06:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finnally got it to do some pics

superhawk22 07-08-2005 06:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One more for good measure. :D

jvhy 07-17-2005 12:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Again at the track...Not the same though...Jul 14.

-Janne (VTR1000F & RG250W)

NOrrTH 07-20-2005 04:44 PM

wow awesome pics! I'm still waiting for the dude to post mine. grrrr

a13x 07-31-2005 10:00 PM

I always wanted to take my VTR on the track... nice pics.. I'm jealous ;)