SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Members Rides (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/)
-   -   Some Finished Mods (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/some-finished-mods-32501/)

kenmoore 09-05-2014 02:09 AM

Some Finished Mods

Painted the wheels white and polished the lips.

Fitted some mesh on the headlight to match the air vents and running lights.

Replaced the chain and sprockets with Regina 530 X Ring gold chain and sunstar steel sprockets.

Painted the rear sprocket cut outs Italian Red to match the bike and also have red anodised sprocket nuts.

Also painted the fork lowers black to match the braced swinger.

Happy with the result, but now it's raining so I can't ride.

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/...pstd9unqdx.jpg

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/...psyv78veys.jpg

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/...pst9t4oh20.jpg

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/...psis6adkrx.jpg

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/...psewshol6c.jpg

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/...psqamkm7kg.jpg

Now getting ready for the next project.

Watch this space.!

Wolverine 09-05-2014 05:03 AM

Curious how you plan to clean the bugs and shit outta that mesh? Not a fan of white wheels but the forks look great black matching the swinger.

kenmoore 09-05-2014 06:09 AM

When I put the fairing back on with the mesh I thought "How the F am I Gunna keep the headlight clean?"

I put that aside when I thought, "I will clean it when the fairing comes of for maintenance.

This happens on a regular basis.

The mesh is removable so it won't be a drama.

CrankenFine 09-05-2014 11:45 AM

VTROMVTROMVTROM

kenmoore 09-05-2014 04:15 PM

Can't do that,

Was there in Feb this year and tied with Hawkster 996.

There is always next year eh!

By then I will have a few more things done and may stand a chance against some of the bikes on here.

For now I will keep tinkering searching for the best from my Storm!

CruxGNZ 09-05-2014 07:01 PM

Simply stunning! I was watching your progress on VTR1000.org. You grow your finger prints back yet? Haha

brothermike 09-05-2014 07:16 PM

Very well done, looks great.

kenmoore 09-06-2014 02:12 AM

Finger prints gone, did so much sanding that they bled,

Still sore .

Apart from the looks by replacing the chain sprockets and Cush drive rubbers that were all in poor shape the bike now rides as smooth as silk.

The new tyres are still slippery so haven't given it too much but the whole bike just feels better.

Could be a placebo effect because of all the hours spent but was very happy to be able to ride the Storm again.

I just love this bike and would choose it any day over it's current stable mates.

This bike fits me like a glove and is so rewarding to own.

Who knows what I will do next, but I have a hankering to play around with some more mesh and detail a few more items.

One thing I need to do is make a clip to hold my oil pressure gauge in place.

The other bikes are suffering at the moment as well.

Any excuse to spend time in the man cave eh!

My wife even asks me if I am going to the cave these days.

Don't know if that a good or bad thing but she seems happy.

Keeps me out of trouble and she knows where I am.

kenmoore 09-21-2014 12:44 AM

Here is a pic of the bike just before setting off from a mates place for a 300Klm ride.

There was another Storm along as well.

First time I have ridden with another Storm.

It was validation of all the time and effort that I have put into this bike.

We swapped bikes and whilst the other Storm had a couple of nice bits it felt asthmatic compared to mine.

No way could he catch me .

The other guy had a nice aftermarket shock, some Yoshi cans, a re jet and some 6 pot calipers.

I want the shock and calipers but that where it stopped.

The other guy was amazed at the fact that my bike goes so well and actually handled.

All in all a good day out.

I am very happy with my bike after riding another one and they guy who owns the other one has asked me to help him with his bike.

What could I say to a fellow Storm owner so it looks like there will be another visitor to the Man Cave in the near future.

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/...psuht0muir.jpg

jerryh 09-21-2014 02:51 AM

Beautful. After all this business about relocating the coolant bottle from cruxGNZ it's all I see when I look at a Hawk. It does stick out like a sore thumb and looks especially heinous on custom red hawks.

kenmoore 09-21-2014 04:17 AM

Won't be long and I intend to relocate the coolant bottle.

Having no thermostat I was also thinking of doing away with the thermo housing as well.

I notice that the temp sensor is located in the thermo housing and think that I can fabricate a pipe , move it to an out of sight location, and tap a thread into it that allows me to still retain the temp sensor, and have a closed cooling system.

Will have to work out what hoses I need.

I think the bike will look much better with an uncluttered V and think that the change in appearance will be well worth the effort.

I am thinking of a remote overflow and have a couple of spots in mind.
This will take some time, just another task in the pursuit of the perfect Storm.

VTR1000F 09-21-2014 06:58 AM

WOW, really looking sharp. The black swingarm really stands out against the white of the wheel. Or, maybe it's the other way around. Whatever it is, it looks great.

superbeater 09-21-2014 09:18 AM

I may have to copy your sprocket bolts and painting. Your attention to detail is inspiring.

jerryh 09-21-2014 11:07 AM

Have to one up you here and mesh my face shield

CruxGNZ 09-21-2014 11:19 AM

That last picture looks like you have about 20 coats of wax on 'er. Wow!

I want to copy your F**k It sticker. I laugh every time I see it :)

jerryh 09-21-2014 12:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 22452

Eat this kenmoore

kenmoore 09-21-2014 02:08 PM

Oh shoot!

They look good!

I guess the balls in my court now.

As for the sticker it certainly gets some comments.

Yesterday a girl asked me what it meant, I said have a close look and think about it.

She looked for a while , then her male friend said you'll never get it because that never happens.

She went bright red and skulked away !

I don't think her partner will either after that embarrassment in front of a lot of friends.

We were in the car park of a pub where a lot of cyclists go to meet up with like minded people.

It was classic or as we say here "Gold"

There were a few sniggers that's for sure when the guy rolled his eyes and walked away shrugging his shoulders.

Another funny one was when a guy was looking at my bike and I told him that the sticker was from a famous Japanese tuning house called Fukitani!

He said "Oh yeh, I have heard of them "

I was having a sip of coffee when he said that, I almost spat it out.

Anyhow, the cogs are whirring thinking of what to do next.

Stay tuned.

jerryh 09-21-2014 03:07 PM

Seriously. Can't see this bike and your workmanship being topped for a long while. I know people who would park that in their living room just to be close to it.

bird-rider 09-21-2014 06:44 PM

Nice job with the colors. It really looked great. What brand of paint did you use?

kenmoore 09-22-2014 02:37 AM

The paint on the tank, fairings, seat cowl and front guard are original factory.

The bike has been de stickered and all honda markings on the engine cases removed and the cases have been hand polished by me to a mirror finish.

The CBR calipers have been painted with ceramic brake paint, had the Nissin logos removed by me and mirror polished as well.

The swingarm is the only part I have not done and it was done professionally with two pack semi gloss and oven baked.

The fork lowers are in enamel semi gloss black by myself, and those wheels, what a pain to do with semi gloss white enamel.

Lots of rubbing back in between coats and many trials along the way.

I also polished the lips of the rims myself by hand.

I have had enormous satisfaction doing this and am very happy with the results.

Even though my bike is what I would call pristine I love nothing better than to give it a good flogging.

I went on a ride with a fellow Storm owner yesterday and when he saw my bike I am sure he said to himself another tool that spends more time polishing his bike than riding it.

He had a different impression when I overtook him and proceeded to open her up only to see his headlight disappear behind me.

There was some dirt roads that we went on and he asked me how I felt riding my bike on dirt.

I said that the bike was built to be ridden regardless of the roads and that the reason I kept it so clean was that it alerts you to things that require attention.

I gave him a ride and he couldn't believe the difference in power and handling.

Ironically the bike he has is one I was looking at before I got mine.

The paint that I used on the forks and wheels is called export brand and is available at a lot of auto accessories outlets here in Oz.

I chose enamel because it is better wearing than acrylic but much harder to work with and takes ages to cure.

The secret is in the preparation and being patient doing the final finishing.

Always put the cans in hot water and shake really well before applying and repeat this as you go.this gives you better atomisation of the paint.also good to heat the article with a heat gun or hair dryer just before spraying.

Lessons learnt over many years of tinkering with bikes.

I am really happy with the end result now that the picture in my head has all come together.

I just love this bike and will continue to tinker.

jerryh 09-22-2014 05:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 22447

grills and calipers literally made out of gold. Come at me bro

kenmoore 09-23-2014 02:20 AM

I love a challenge Jerry,

Show us the whole bike please .

I like the gold mesh and calipers.

Polished rims as well?

Post some pics, I am always looking for inspiration!

jerryh 09-23-2014 09:51 AM

My bike always looks wet, like she just got out of the shower. Will post a sexy pic soon.

kenmoore 09-23-2014 01:07 PM

Mine never gets wet unless I get caught out in the rain.

I hate wetting/ washing bikes.

Always keep it so clean that it never requires a wash.

RoadManiac 09-23-2014 02:13 PM

i am wondering whats the black stuff on the side of your right fairing just above the indicator ?? some james bond type mods ? like a bike mounted taser :rolleyes:

VTR1000F 09-23-2014 02:47 PM

I think it's a hard point. Machine guns up front, no doubt.

No, wait, it's probably just for a GoPro.

jerryh 09-23-2014 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by kenmoore (Post 378701)
Mine never gets wet unless I get caught out in the rain.

I hate wetting/ washing bikes.

Always keep it so clean that it never requires a wash.

My baby likes a good hosing

kenmoore 09-24-2014 02:32 AM

So does my missus!Ha Ha

The black thing above the blinker is for a contour roam camera.

I am going to move it to the rear shortly, just waiting for a mount tab.

CruxGNZ 09-24-2014 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by jerryh (Post 378715)
My baby likes a good hosing

Originally Posted by kenmoore (Post 378739)
So does my missus!Ha Ha

Man, that just gave me a nasty visual Hahaha

kenmoore 09-26-2014 01:41 AM

Come on Jerryh,

How about some pics?