Members Rides Show off your SuperHawk!

newbie pictures

Old 01-14-2019, 02:59 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Awesome as usual. Good description. That moment you lose all track of what it even took to accomplish the feat but there it is. I can relate.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:12 PM
Back Marker

fabiostar is on a distinguished road
its been a pain but worth it, at least i think it has lol
Old 08-23-2020, 12:13 PM
Back Marker

fabiostar is on a distinguished road
well its only taken few years to get the wheels the same colour.
il not bore with the details but i wasnt happy first with the rear dymag breaking up, then the reworked storm wheel to fit the spondon swinger, after mucho searching i found a GSXR1000 rear wheel could be made to fit with a few mods so thats were i am atm. sorted at last

Name:  IZ0XRMZ.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  503 Bytes
Old 08-30-2020, 05:57 PM
Adrenalin Junkie
Back Marker

misnblu is on a distinguished road
Did you paint your own wheels on this bike or have it professionally done at a paint shop?
They look good on the bike for sure. 😍
My wheels are black and I'm looking at some options that won't break the bank. 👍
Old 08-31-2020, 05:34 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by misnblu
Did you paint your own wheels on this bike or have it professionally done at a paint shop?
They look good on the bike for sure. 😍
My wheels are black and I'm looking at some options that won't break the bank. 👍
Every bit on that bike will break your bank.
Old 09-01-2020, 05:21 AM
Adrenalin Junkie
Back Marker

Originally Posted by Wolverine
Every bit on that bike will break your bank.
Not quite the answer I was looking for but thanks.🤷🏼‍♂️
Old 09-01-2020, 11:41 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by misnblu
Not quite the answer I was looking for but thanks.🤷🏼‍♂️
Well depending on how you define "breaking the bank" you could sand, prime and rattle can them yourself and depending on your skill level probably get pretty nice result, though maybe not the most durable option for the long haul (though brake fluid will strip off the stock Honda paint the second it touches it, as it did on one of my Superhawks as soon as it came out of the crate). The opposite end of the spectrum would be to remove the tires, bearings, etc and have them stripped and professionally painted or powdercoated. I'm sure the price is going to vary wildly from doing everything yourself to having someone else do everything. Most powdercoat shops by me want bare wheels, meaning you have to find someone else to dismount the tires, remove the bearings, etc. Then someone has to reinstall everything afterwards. Probably involve a little homework and some phone calls in your area to find out what your total investment would be. For a bike I was fixing up and selling? I've gotten a pretty nice result sanding, priming and rattle canning them myself. But for a keeper you want to do "right" having a pro refinish the wheels is obviously the way to go.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:57 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Fabiostar that bike is an absolute work of art by the way and also a sweet little piece of racing history. I love that you actually ride it on the street, and probably more often than many ride their stock motorcycles. Do you know how many of those bike were built and also curious what kind of power it puts down? I've seen a couple old videos of Moriwaki Superhawks on Youtube and they sound incredible. Any videos of your bike?
Old 09-11-2020, 06:14 AM
Adrenalin Junkie
Back Marker

Originally Posted by captainchaos
Well depending on how you define "breaking the bank" you could sand, prime and rattle can them yourself and depending on your skill level probably get pretty nice result, though maybe not the most durable option for the long haul (though brake fluid will strip off the stock Honda paint the second it touches it, as it did on one of my Superhawks as soon as it came out of the crate). The opposite end of the spectrum would be to remove the tires, bearings, etc and have them stripped and professionally painted or powdercoated. I'm sure the price is going to vary wildly from doing everything yourself to having someone else do everything. Most powdercoat shops by me want bare wheels, meaning you have to find someone else to dismount the tires, remove the bearings, etc. Then someone has to reinstall everything afterwards. Probably involve a little homework and some phone calls in your area to find out what your total investment would be. For a bike I was fixing up and selling? I've gotten a pretty nice result sanding, priming and rattle canning them myself. But for a keeper you want to do "right" having a pro refinish the wheels is obviously the way to go.
Thank you.
Im tearing the bike down completely so I'll have both wheels off to see how they look as they are.
If the black on the wheels is in good enough shape I may do some hand rubbing to bring back the shine and then seal the paint.
Bikes getting a complete overhaul since the original owner never let me know what kind of maintenance was ever done in the bike.

Thanks for the help.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:55 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Rattle can 2K clear coat over non 2K rattle can paint works very well and seems to be impervious to brake fluid. This is what I did to my CBR1K front wheel (black to the gray stock color). Sanded, taped off caliper mounting and bearings, then primed and painted. Has held up as well or better than the rear.
Old 02-23-2022, 06:48 AM
Squid

goyixo is on a distinguished road
amazing!