SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Members Rides (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/)
-   -   New To Superhawk and Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/new-superhawk-forum-33087/)

LittleFlowerz 04-13-2015 06:16 AM

New To Superhawk and Forum

Hello Folks,

I am a proud owner of a 1998 Firestorm that I recently picked up from a mature original owner. I have been looking for the past 2 years for a single owner bike with low miles that has not been thrashed and preferrably left stock. I was looking to build a time piece that was well sorted/uncorked and could run well against the latest crop of road going sport bikes. Well I found a Firestorm from gentlemen just like me, you see I have a 1996 CBR600 Smoking Joe (35,00km) since new but with family demands only manage to go out 5-8 times a season. Meanwhile this family man who owned the Firestorm since new was only able to put 26,000 km on it.

The bike was in prestine condition with the exception that he started to tinker with it to try and get more sound and handling out of it and kind of messed it up a bit. I wasn't to worried because I had a capable mechanic who had sucessfully uncorked my Smoking Joe, he sorted it all out and I fell in love with my bike all over again. On the Firestorm I didn't even ride the bike after purchasing it, I just delivered the bike to his shop and told him to build one just like the Firestorm he built in 1999 for himself. He had a red Firestorm and got uncorked and sorted out but them sold it once the VTR1000 SP-1 was released. He said it was a huge mistake trading the Firestorm for the SP-1, because the Firestorm was such a well composed sporting road bike. The following was my laundry list:
  • replaced the drilled out stock cans with Yosh RS-3s slip ons. (fueling was really confused down low
  • Jet kit, K&N filter and valves checked
  • replace 15wt fork oil to stock oil wt and replaced front springs with slightly stiffer rate
  • original turn signals
  • all fluids flushed
  • braided front brake lines
  • Metzeller M5
After all that I am amazed what a very well sorted bike this has turned out to be. It is such a great bike to ride and that sound has me hooked. After my inaugural ride the other day I totally get it, and wanted to share my passion for the bike with the Superhawk community by sharing my story.

I look forward to time when I can contribute to this forum in the future.

xeris 04-13-2015 09:52 AM

Welcome.
That swell you see coming will become a wave of suggestions that is going to crash on your beach. Or not.

CrankenFine 04-13-2015 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by xeris (Post 384839)
Welcome.
That swell you see coming will become a wave of suggestions that is going to crash on your beach. Or not.

+1 :popcorn:

Congratulations on your new ride. Welcome to the forum!

Big_Jim59 04-13-2015 10:37 AM

It sounds like you have a well cared for and good running example of the breed. I am envious.

Welcome!

Badboy01 04-13-2015 03:08 PM

Welcome, you made an excellent choice and will always make time to ride this beautiful machine!

thedeatons 04-13-2015 03:23 PM

Lol... North by northwest swells coming in... Surf should be double overhead...

James

comedo 04-14-2015 05:48 AM

Congratulations on the new bike. Too bad you live in Toronto: bad roads, traffic congestion and nasty drivers.

LittleFlowerz 04-14-2015 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by comedo (Post 384874)
Congratulations on the new bike. Too bad you live in Toronto: bad roads, traffic congestion and nasty drivers.

Your right on all three accounts, that's why I ride north of the city, ie, Grey Bruce, Mono, Kawartha Lakes and Muskoka. The roads are much more entertaining.

Thanks

VTR1000F 04-14-2015 12:38 PM

Those are made-up place names, right?

VTR1000F 04-14-2015 02:15 PM

Matter of fact, I heard a joke once about moose cock, so I know that one's made up.

nnjhawk02 04-15-2015 09:21 AM

Awesome stuff

Good Luck

Watch out for texting cagers