SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Members Rides (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/)
-   -   New 2002 (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/new-2002-a-31917/)

mustangharry 04-20-2014 11:23 AM

New 2002

I've been eyeballing a few different bikes and finally pulled the trigger on a 2002 Superhawk this week. I bought it from a dealer for $3500. It has just over 16000 miles on it and came with devil high mounts, Corbin seat, and what appears to be dirt bike bars with two inch risers. I've only put about 200 miles on it, but I gotta say that this thing is awesome. I'm sure you all already know that though. The only bad thing is that the fork seals are leaking. I'm gonna have a talk with the dealer I bought it from come Monday. Shame in them for selling a bike like that without even mentioning it. Anyways, I just wanted to say hello to y'all. Hello

rz_racer_69 04-20-2014 05:03 PM

Hello Mustang, and welcome to the forum.

sounds like a nice ride, fork seals are no big deal, so they shouldn't have any problem fixing you up. Looking forward to pictures.

:welcome:

mustangharry 04-20-2014 06:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hopefully they will take care of it for me. I'm not going to ride it anymore until i get a set of manual cam chain tensioners installed. I did the same thing to my old cbr. Its just nice to have that peace of mind.

2wheelsagain 04-20-2014 06:30 PM

Welcome aboard :)
Yep my fork seals started leaking as soon as I started riding my bike.
They look ok if the bike has been sitting for a while so to be fair the dealer may not have known. Its not a big job and you'll finish up with fresh fork oil too so take it easy on him.

The Auto CCT's shouldnt stop you from riding. Maybe just dont flog the engine but there are examples of the OEM CCT doing many many trouble free miles. I recently changed mine but I still rode the thing pretty hard before doing so.

mustangharry 04-20-2014 06:48 PM

The sales guy told me they gave it an inspection and a tune up, so I'm thinking it just got missed. As far as the cct's goes, it's make a noise that I don't trust. I'd just rather be safe than really, really sorry.

Wolverine 04-25-2014 06:02 AM

Welcome Harry. Where ya from?

RobertLever 04-26-2014 07:08 AM

I bet those Devil pipes sound sweet!

mustangharry 04-26-2014 06:14 PM

I'm in the Denver area. The devil pipes do sound great. When I was researching superhawks I went to YouTube to listen to different examples of exhaust systems. I decided that I really liked the devils, so when I saw that this bike already had a set it made a much sweeter deal for me. Yesterday a good friend of mine saw my new bike for the first time. It was just sitting there idling and he said it was too quiet so I gave it a good rev. He just said "oh."

Update: the dealership I bought my bike from picked it up today to do the fork seals for free. Unfortunately they won't have it back to me until the end of the week.