SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Members Rides (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/)
-   -   Denver Hawk (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/denver-hawk-25372/)

Tinyhuge 04-27-2011 10:57 AM

Denver Hawk

2 Attachment(s)
Yet another noob here. I picked up my '99 Superhawk about 3 weeks ago and have been riding as much as the weather will allow. It has just over 35k, with a short list of tasteful mods: Jardine high-mounts, frame sliders, Puig double bubble wind screen, color matched undertail with led brake lights and rear turn signals, powerlet 12v socket, Genmar bar risers, upgraded rear shock according to PO. Anticipating a trip to CA this summer, mods to come include Sargent seat, r/r, and manual cct's.

Any Denver 'Hawkers out there looking for a riding buddy?

lazn 04-27-2011 11:01 AM

Welcome!

ninjagoalie 04-27-2011 12:20 PM

welcome to the forum. You should get good weather soon enough.

Tinyhuge 04-27-2011 12:29 PM

I hope so. I had last week off work and planned to ride all week long but a rainy spell limited me to several short rides and one decent 3 1/2 hr ride up to Estes Park and back. The pic above is from Estes.

mikstr 04-27-2011 01:19 PM

Welcome aboard. I love the black VTRs (just unfortunate they aren't as fast as the dark blue ones......lol).

Enjoy the forum, and the VTR :)

nekkid 04-27-2011 02:28 PM

Welcome to the fun.

j shizzy wizzy 04-27-2011 05:12 PM

what do you do for a living? what part of town do you live in?

Tinyhuge 04-27-2011 05:33 PM

I work for a bank for another 5 weeks. Quitting and going back to school finally. I'm in Lakewood near Colorado Mills.

fred 04-27-2011 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by ninjagoalie (Post 300621)
welcome to the forum. You should get good weather soon enough.

soon enough!! the weather on the Front Range Rocks compared to our near intolerable midwestern climate. they get periods of 60s and 70s throughout the winter. the summer humidity stays low so you don't feel like you're in a steam-bath. and if you don't like the weather at the moment, wait a while. it'll change. Denver's a nice small city, too!

oh. and welcome, Tinyhuge!

Tinyhuge 04-27-2011 05:59 PM

It really hasn't been that bad here. We've been pretty warm, but 30-40 and raining on my week off just isn't cool, especially after 60-70 and sunny the week before. I finally get back into riding after an 8 year hiatus and all the time I want to ride and here I am watching movies and drooling on that beautiful machine sitting parked.

fred 04-27-2011 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tinyhuge (Post 300664)
It really hasn't been that bad here. We've been pretty warm, but 30-40 and raining on my week off just isn't cool, especially after 60-70 and sunny the week before. I finally get back into riding after an 8 year hiatus and all the time I want to ride and here I am watching movies and drooling on that beautiful machine sitting parked.

bad timing on the vacation/weather deal. sorry to hear that. prolly not a good idea to start riding in the rain after not having ridden for a while. hope the sun comes out before your week-off ends.

Firefly 04-30-2011 09:29 AM

CO Springs resident here. There's a few things down south you already know about but are a good ride anyway, like bishops castle or the bridge outside canon city. I know the west side of the 470 loop has some pretty amazing roads, you know any specific exits or anything?

The weather has been pretty cold lately, guess I shouldn't be surprised though. This place is weird. The entire month of march it was 60+ and sunny every day.

After my 'hawk's done I'd be more than happy for a ride if you're down.

Tinyhuge 04-30-2011 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Firefly (Post 300978)
CO Springs resident here. There's a few things down south you already know about but are a good ride anyway, like bishops castle or the bridge outside canon city. I know the west side of the 470 loop has some pretty amazing roads, you know any specific exits or anything?

The weather has been pretty cold lately, guess I shouldn't be surprised though. This place is weird. The entire month of march it was 60+ and sunny every day.

After my 'hawk's done I'd be more than happy for a ride if you're down.

I'm actually not all that familiar with Colorado, being a relatively recent transplant. I'll have to check out those rides. One of the shorter rides I took was off 470 at Ken Caryl, down to Deer Creek Canyon road and west to 285. That was also on a day it was a bit too cold to ride. I had to stop and get the feeling back in my hands.

So what are you working on with your bike?

Tinyhuge 04-30-2011 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Tinyhuge (Post 300988)

So what are you working on with your bike?

I posted before I checked out your build. Nice look. Let me know if you need an extra set of hands. I'm no expert but am decently mechanically apt. I'm free most Sundays.

rpolliard 01-19-2013 07:31 PM

If you've still got your hawk, I'm trying to rally a few Colorado SH riders for regular meet ups in the spring. I'm in Denver.

Tinyhuge 01-20-2013 09:05 AM

Definitely. What part of town are you in?

twist 01-20-2013 03:34 PM

welcome! I'm sure you will find the hawk a near perfect bike for the roads out there. I grew up in Colorado and road most of the mountains and back roads while I lived there. Poudre canyon used to be awesome but that is Northern CO. Thompson canyon is another and there are many connecting back roads. Have fun, the hawk is the perfect bike for those rides!

rpolliard 01-20-2013 07:13 PM

Northwest Denver ....not far from Lakeside Amusement Park...

rpolliard 06-24-2013 12:40 PM

Denver area riders

Hey all-

Still interested in meeting up with other Denver area SH riders for local half day rides.
303 961 0895

xoffroadx707 02-28-2014 02:25 PM

I'm in Lakewood, but I know all the twisty roads in the Foothills. Feel free to PM me for details.