Members Rides Show off your SuperHawk!

CruxGNZ's '98 Superhawk

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 02:02 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Your health and willingness to keep fighting is our ultimate payback! Thanks for opening up to us

Last edited by mikstr; 11-24-2017 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-24-2017, 07:35 PM
SuperBike

kenmoore is on a distinguished road
Hey Crux,

You can thank us by regaining your health.

Also by finishing the bike if possible.

If you do have to part it there will be plenty of interest.

Keep us informed on what happens please.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:41 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
I woke up this morning to find a surprise in my PayPal account! I don't even know what to say. This is absolutely amazing. The support from my fellow riders, nah, brothers is overwhelming. Steve, thank you so much for starting this and also for such a large contribution. I don't want to get to sappy here, being that we're guys and all, but from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
I'm going to make a video for you guys. Just so you can put a smiling face to these words.
Ken, Steve, Micky...all you guys are awesome. Thank you!

My family showed me another article about Lyme's Disease, which is interesting if you don't know much about the disease.
Living with Lyme Disease | Women's Lifestyle Magazine

Obviously I'm hoping and praying I have Lyme's Disease, because it can be cured if caught early enough. It is very odd to hope you have a disease, but I do not want ALS, and I really don't want to live with BFS. My mind has a tendency to go to dark places pretty quickly, so keeping my grey matter busy/occupied has been a must. It's just kind of hard when my entire life has been built on mostly physical work and now I get tired going up a damn flight of stairs to get to my bedroom. Challenging is a good way to put it.

Besides my family, I didn't talk about what was happening with me to anyone. I even asked my wife to not tell her side of the family. Getting the words out here is kind of therapeutic.

Something interesting (funny?) that has come of this health issue? Well, since my leg muscles are working out 24/7, my legs look like I'm a marathon runner! I never had such lean, defined calf muscles before. My wife is really into fitness and she's jealous of my leg muscle definition. The only weird thing is, from my waist up, I look like some couch potato with a small gut from sitting around. I briefly saw myself wearing my birthday suit in a full length mirror and started laughing. I looked like a cartoon figure.

Last edited by CruxGNZ; 11-25-2017 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Mom advice
Old 11-25-2017, 06:05 AM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
Oops, had to delete this post as I remembered Mat sent his mom a link to this thread, so let me just say Happy Holidays everyone and hang in there Mat.

Trust me, it was funny while crude, so everyone have a laugh and like this.

Last edited by VTR1000F; 11-25-2017 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Censorship.
Old 11-25-2017, 06:12 AM
MotoGP

a challenge to other (notably long-time) members..... Mat needs our help.... let's do the right thing, every little bit helps!
Old 11-25-2017, 06:59 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

I'm just a humble, quiet guy, so all of this is really overwhelming. I really hope I'm handling this the right way. I can't believe that I have been a part of this forum for going on 6 years!

If anyone is near Brookfield, Wisconsin (near Milwaukee), I'll give you my address and you can stop over and see the bike and chat.

I will look through my several Rubbermaid containers of 'Bike Stuff', to see what parts I really don't need or simply can't use anymore. It would be fantastic to have enough money to get the blood test done before the end of the year.

Thinking of other ways to raise funds without parting the bike out, I'm just throwing this out there, but if anyone local has anything that needs to be welded (Aluminum, stainless, mild steel, etc.), let me know. I'm not as fast as before all of this, but the quality of my work has not suffered one bit.

Last edited by CruxGNZ; 11-25-2017 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Mom advice
Old 11-25-2017, 07:19 AM
MotoGP

wish I lived closer, I'd have you convert an aluminum CBR900 subframe for me.....
Old 11-26-2017, 07:09 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Mat I'll send ya something after this payday. Also, I'll try to rally some more troops.
Thanks for sharing with us. It helps to talk.

Last edited by Wolverine; 11-26-2017 at 07:21 AM.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:11 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Wolverine
Mat I'll send ya something after this payday. Also, I'll try to rally some more troops.
Thanks for sharing with us. It helps to talk.
Thank you! Yes, it does help. It helps a lot actually. I used to have major anxiety when I tried to fall asleep, because I worry to much about what 'could happen'. Now, I'm sleeping a little better, and I think it's because of this, because of you guys.

So, a few minutes ago, I ordered the Lyme testing kit from IGeneX, Inc. in Palo Alto, California. The testing kit is free, but the tests are not. Speaking of the tests, I'm a little confused about which one I'm supposed to get now. I thought I saw $900 for the test, but now don't see that price anymore (EDIT: Duh. Smack dab on the first page, they updated their pricing last month). Maybe one of you guys has a background in nursing or doctors assistant, that can point me in the right direction. If all else fails, I know I can just call IGeneX.
Here's the website: https://www.igenex.com/
Here is the pdf for thier tests & prices: https://www.igenex.com/wp-content/up...e-List.pdf.pdf

EDIT: Apparently I need to talk to my physician about this (the same physician that did the first Lyme's disease blood test), because the results get sent back to my physician. I was hoping the results would get sent to me and cut the middle man out, but I now understand that's not possible.

Last edited by CruxGNZ; 11-26-2017 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Blinders were on
Old 11-26-2017, 08:16 AM
MotoGP

You have a PM Mat....
Old 11-26-2017, 10:04 AM
Superstock

Big_Jim59 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CruxGNZ
EDIT: Apparently I need to talk to my physician about this (the same physician that did the first Lyme's disease blood test), because the results get sent back to my physician. I was hoping the results would get sent to me and cut the middle man out, but I now understand that's not possible.
I think you have to get your doctor involved to order the test. They don't want just anyone ordering a test kit. Here's hoping for a good result.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:58 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

Because I'm a putz, and didn't read all the fine print, I was under the assumption that anyone can order the test and have the test results sent back to you. Actually, anyone can order the test kit (You can order the kit or you can have your physician order it for you), but the results get sent to your physician, not you.

Apparently, once I get my test kit, I need to sit down with my physician and we will check the right boxes for the right test(s). Since they updated their pricing and labs several weeks ago, I am unsure what I need now. I'm making an appointment with my physician for sometime next week.

Last edited by CruxGNZ; 11-27-2017 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Testees
Old 11-28-2017, 09:50 AM
Superstock

Fastguy59 is on a distinguished road
Check your PalPal my friend, hope it helps, pay it forward when you are on the up & up! Get well!
Old 11-28-2017, 03:34 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Fastguy59
Check your PalPal my friend, hope it helps, pay it forward when you are on the up & up! Get well!
Thank you Bobby! I sent you a PM

I just had to edit my email address for my PayPal. I have been getting absolutely slammed with spam in my inbox and my phone. Apparently, someone (bot?) found my email address, used that to see my Facebook, which is public and has my phone number. I have been getting up to 30 calls a day from different numbers in the area codes 202 and 345 and some weren't even normal numbers, like 5000 and 373739. I answered one of the 202 area code numbers and a fellow with an indian accent answered and said, "This is your worst nightmare." I laughed and hung up. Downloaded a blocker app which took care of the harassing phone calls and reported every one of the numbers to the the Federal Trade Commission
Old 11-29-2017, 07:48 PM
Superstock

RedStormJ is on a distinguished road
Matt,
Ill be donating later today. Wifes got the card so ill send the little that I can. You just have a merry Chtistmass if I dont get back after that.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:42 AM
Superstock

VTRDarren
Originally Posted by CruxGNZ
Thank you Bobby! I sent you a PM

I just had to edit my email address for my PayPal. I have been getting absolutely slammed with spam in my inbox and my phone. Apparently, someone (bot?) found my email address, used that to see my Facebook, which is public and has my phone number. I have been getting up to 30 calls a day from different numbers in the area codes 202 and 345 and some weren't even normal numbers, like 5000 and 373739. I answered one of the 202 area code numbers and a fellow with an indian accent answered and said, "This is your worst nightmare." I laughed and hung up. Downloaded a blocker app which took care of the harassing phone calls and reported every one of the numbers to the the Federal Trade Commission

Any concerns that your PayPal was compromised?!? Only asking as I sent you a few bucks a couple nights ago, just hoping it made it to the right place.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:03 AM
Superstock

Waiting for the same Darren. Also we used to live close lol. I am from central.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:24 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

That actually happened once before. They took every cent from my PayPal and the bank account that was linked. I doubt it would happen again though. My accounts were 'flagged' for all future transactions.

Guys, please bear with me. I'm having some issues with my email, computer and notifications. I don't want anyone to think I'm ungrateful. I'll get this figured out. May have to call one of them Geek Squad fellas.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:50 AM
Superstock

Send me a pm Ill sort ya. If you saw my computer. Just tell me the issue and alIll walk you through it.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:56 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

Seriously!? You rock man! I'll send you a PM later today. Thank you Red!
Old 12-01-2017, 07:47 AM
Superstock

Well I sent you what I sent but after the banks cut and whatever they can take out of it Ill be surprised if its enough for a cold brew. It's all I can spare now. If you still ain't right by the new year ill fire another one your way.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:33 PM
MotoGP

Mat, If you need anything please do not hesitate to ask. I wish the circumstances were different. Good luck with the test. I sent a few bucks, wish it could have been more.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:35 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Bump, let's keep this going. Sorry Mat this is my first hearing about this. Sent a little more help your way. Please keep us updated with your progress and when you'll be able to get the test.

Last edited by captainchaos; 12-01-2017 at 09:43 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:55 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

Hi guys, thank you for helping me with donations and the overwhelming support from so many people. I appreciate everything that you guys have done and are still doing for me.

I received my testing kit in the mail! It comes with three test tubes that I'm supposed to fill up with blood, or spit, or...erectoplasm? I guess reading the instructions would help.

In all seriousness though, I am seeing my doctor next week Tuesday to discuss which test(s) I need to have. I'll keep you guys informed.

Oh! I was able to get into my PayPal account from another computer. I now have the email address's of people who have donated, so I can thank each one of you personally.

Last edited by CruxGNZ; 12-02-2017 at 07:49 AM. Reason: what which debate
Old 12-02-2017, 08:17 AM
Superstock

"Erectoplasm." Hey I,m a big kid. I laughed. Just hope you dont habe to do a blue sheet.... Thats #2.... Ewww. Good luck man!
Old 12-02-2017, 10:03 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

Originally Posted by RedStormJ
"Erectoplasm." Hey I,m a big kid. I laughed. Just hope you dont habe to do a blue sheet.... Thats #2.... Ewww. Good luck man!
I just thought of this movie scene from Out Cold hahahaha!

Old 01-08-2018, 04:07 PM
MotoGP

Matt,
Any progress? Been thinking about your situation lately. Hope things are looking up.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:51 PM
Superstock

Yeah man. How did it go? I been away and will be away but I still get email alerts to this thread. Also watched that movie again. It's a classic.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:25 AM
SuperBike

kenmoore is on a distinguished road
Progress !
Old 02-13-2018, 01:22 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

Hey guys, I have to keep this short. I'm still alive. Dealing with another issue, Trigeminal Neuralgia. The pain in my head from this is absolutely unreal.

I'll come back and write more soon when I can guys. I didn't want anyone to think I left. Miss ya guys.

Quick Reply: CruxGNZ's '98 Superhawk