SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Members Rides (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/)
-   -   98 SuperHawk (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/98-superhawk-33417/)

VeeTeeR 08-08-2015 11:37 AM

98 SuperHawk

Hi all,

After a long break from recovering the wreck of my last Superhawk, I decided to finally replace it.

1998, 18k mileage, Jardine high pipes, braided brake lines front and back. Chain and sprockets are shot, as well as the front tire. Bunch of missing fasteners here and there and lots of tweaking needed.

Looks like some quite a bit of going over before moving on to fun improvements.

I look forward to the wealth of information on this site.

Thanks everyone!
Dave

Rebirth98 08-09-2015 08:32 AM

Welcome everyone here is very helpful and super knowledgeable. They have helped me through all my problems and issues.

*Change your CCTS to manual* I went with kriegers they are awesome

Hangfly 08-09-2015 07:50 PM

Welcome!!! Now get wrenching.
As if I can talk. Neglected Hawk in my garage.

kenmoore 08-15-2015 01:46 PM

Welcome,

Some pics please!

VeeTeeR 08-17-2015 02:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the welcome, guys! Keep the mod suggestions and technical advice coming! Thanks!

Here you go kenmoore:
Attachment 21904
On the way home!

kenmoore 08-17-2015 03:04 AM

It looks good mate, right colour too!

CruxGNZ 08-17-2015 06:43 PM

By your first description, I was assuming the bike would be in far worse shape. It looks like it was very well taken care of. Nice bike!

kenmoore 08-18-2015 02:33 AM

Yes indeed,

A good platform to start with.

Now get riding and enjoy!

VeeTeeR 08-18-2015 10:24 PM

Rebirth98: Thanks for the MCCT suggestion.

Hangfly: I'm envious of your Staintunes! And I'm curious to see how your "soon" projects progress.

CruxGNZ: The bike's a great ten-footer. A tank bra revealed chips, scratches, and a minor dent; other little cosmetic issues elsewhere. But who cares. This will be ridden, not shown. haha!

kenmoore: Yep, it's a good starting point. I'm contemplating a chain and sprockets before hitting the road. That original chain is so stretched that it's dragging on the exhaust pipe right now. But I'll be certain to check other posts before asking the obvious next question. :D

Meier Link 08-25-2015 08:00 PM

Are you planning on going with the OEM sprockets or are you going to change up the tooth pattern for more torque to the rear end?

Bike looks like it's in hell of nice shape compared to my 98s condition when I got it earlier this year.

I have found the search option here to be invaluable with tons of solid advice. Also people here seem to generally want to help others out.

So yeah. Welcome!

VeeTeeR 09-03-2015 06:21 PM

Hey Meier Link,

Sprocket-wise, I'm thinking of dropping a tooth in the front and adding two in the back; chain, DID or RK or something of quality.

You're right. Mine came in much better shape than yours. I just wish I had your skills to do that work and some time to apply it. Haha!