SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Group Rides (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/group-rides-37/)
-   -   Twin Cities, MN this weekend (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/group-rides-37/twin-cities-mn-weekend-28442/)

Superchicken du nord 05-30-2012 04:07 PM

Twin Cities, MN this weekend

I'm a noob here...but if anyone lives in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St.Paul) or surrounding areas, and wants to ride some this weekend...give me a shout. Would like to connect with fellow 'Hawk riders.

mboe794 05-30-2012 04:47 PM

I'm in the Twin Cities. Excelsior to be exact. Too bad I gave up street riding for now though. Ain't a whole lot of Superhawk riders around. I've maybe seen one or two only breifly over the years. My dad has one, but only puts on maybe 100 miles a year. Not sure why he even bought it. He likes mine and just had to have one I guess.

Superchicken du nord 05-30-2012 05:07 PM

Yea, I haven't seen another 'hawk on the road since I got mine a couple years ago. Actually, funny story; the very reason I have a superhawk is because early one morning I was on my way down to drill in Rochester for the Army, and I was on 35E southbound right before 94, and I saw for the very first time a 'hawk ride slowly past me in the fast lane. I was like...what kind of bike is that!? I thought it was the most amazing mechanical creation on two wheels I'd ever seen. haha. Well anyway, I ride with pretty much anyone, but always lookin' for V-Twin'ers to ride with too. What year is your dad's?

Tebs 05-30-2012 06:12 PM

So that is what the lyric is...

I never knew what Robert Plant was saying there - learn something new every day! Anyway just got back from bike night - no Superhawks and just me on my 97 VFR. Still looking for a SH though, <$3K price range if anyone is selling PM me.

mboe794 05-30-2012 06:26 PM

My dad has a red '02.

I'm a member of some, and lurk on some other, local sportbike forums. They offer a fair bit of group ride opportunities, and other events. I was quite involved for a few years with the group rides. I have recently decided to stick to track only. Maybe I'll get another bike someday. Now I mainly just hang around those forums to keep contact with the many new friends.

Maybe you're already familiar with some of these sites. If not, and your interested, let me know. I'll PM you some info.

Superchicken du nord 05-30-2012 06:28 PM

Right on. I'd appreciate the info. I'm kinda just getting started here...so I always appreciate the guidence of a seasoned member.

cliby 05-30-2012 07:40 PM

My SH is up in the twin cities now, sold it to a friend who lives there last fall. I'm down in rochester, though now SH any longer still have a vtwin sport bike

Superchicken du nord 05-30-2012 08:42 PM

Bill, what do you ride now? I come to Rochester once a month to drill for the Army.

scooterhawk 03-14-2018 06:16 AM

Any MN riders still??

Xbolt22 04-29-2019 07:44 AM

Looking for local Twin City SH support group. Must be tolerant of frequent venting and cries for help. Perhaps meetings could be held at First Thursday by Delano's Pizza on Lake St.

Trevor Myers 08-18-2019 03:16 PM

Twin cities

I live a hour north but in the Hopkins area often for rides i.have a 98 chicken I'd be up to ride