SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Group Rides (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/group-rides-37/)
-   -   Michigan SuperHawk riders (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/group-rides-37/michigan-superhawk-riders-29402/)

Twins+1 11-06-2012 07:31 AM

Michigan SuperHawk riders

What's up fellow SuperHawkers? Just looking to see who in michigan rides the beloved v-twin. I live in the kalamazoo area and ride A LOT. Wondering who wants to meet up come next riding season. My buddy and I have SH's and do not see too many. Shout back.

codybrown 11-06-2012 06:45 PM

I've got one I hit a deer with on October 1st. Hopefully I will have it up and running again for early spring. I'm in Big Rapids so only about 1.5 hours from you

Twins+1 11-07-2012 03:22 AM

That suck as far as the bike is concerned. I have mine halfway torn apart doing my own little things to it. Will have to stay in touch and see if we can't hook up come next season.

wolfgun 11-07-2012 08:13 AM

I'm in Farmington and do most of my riding in town. Post office, bank, store, etc. I tend to be a fair weather rider because I'm getting older and less tolerant of discomfort. Ypsilanti has a once a week bike night that is within shooting distance and there's a pretty good one in Stockbridge, but I don't think it's until September. A really great annual event is Mid-Ohio Vintage Days. It's in July and is probably the best bike related gathering I've ever been to. It's about the old stuff though. There is some great riding in the Lexington, Ohio area. We met a guy from Kazoo down there a couple of years ago. His name was Harry and he rode an FZR1000. We ended up at a go cart track Friday night and he took a few hits too many. He split Saturday morning complaining of a stiff neck.

Twins+1 11-07-2012 08:49 AM

I play this game online called "MI-Photo tag." It is on the website "sport-touring.net." Fun bunch of guys that live in michigan, many of them ride Honda st's, fzr's, some bemers, all kinds. The object is to find a certain location within michigan, things like funny named restaurants, war memorials, trains, etc. Stuff that one would not see everyday. You have to park your bike in front of the object and post it on the site. The other players then research on thier own what the object is and then they must beat the other players to it and do the park your bike thing and post. This game has taken me all over michigan and I have roughly 25,000 on different bikes playing this game over the last three years. Check it out.

wsharpman 11-07-2012 07:49 PM

I was just back in Michigan (West Branch area) thats north of saginaw etc. anyways I went there on vacation to visit parents and took the hawk with me :) spent a week ther riding around seeing the old haunts (born and raised there) . was last july ,first time back there in over 20 some years.

t99ford 11-07-2012 09:09 PM

Hey man,
I'm moving to Hastings in about a week. If you don't mind being seen with my SH and killing a few zombies along the way, I'm down.

Twins+1 11-08-2012 04:19 AM

99ford, I'm good with that. I have a buddy that lives up by Hastings. We ride out that way all the time. I know a route from around my area up through the Hastings area that is fun to ride, quite a few twisties. I'm trying to convince my other buddy to buy a SH. If he does I might look into starting a SH club or something. Don't see many Hawks around this area. Show some pics of the hawk, mines half apart but I will throw some up also. Oh, always down for zombie slaying, told the wife the other day that we need a rifle and more ammo for the zombie apocalypse.

t99ford 11-08-2012 06:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Awesome man! I was hoping there would be some good riding out that way! Keep in touch and we'll make something happen

My Hawk:
Attachment 24149

Twins+1 11-08-2012 06:34 AM

What!!! Really?? I would have to see that thing is person. Can you explain it to me?

t99ford 11-08-2012 09:26 AM

Here's one of the build threads:
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...und-3-a-27164/

It's a blast!

Twins+1 11-08-2012 09:53 AM

Wow brother that is one different looking machine. I can't wait to see it in person.

t99ford 11-08-2012 10:16 AM

It is, but its a riot to ride. Can't wait to try it out at low altitude!

babapro90 11-09-2012 12:41 AM

I have went there on vacation to visit parents and took the hawk with me spent a week ther riding around seeing the old haunts (born and raised there) . Reminds me miss .!
:wootwoot: