SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   What Exhaust? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/what-exhaust-17410/)

seb421 02-03-2009 02:55 PM

What Exhaust?

im realy looking to buy a sweet high-rise exhaust for my firestorm but the police are a pain here in manchester uk, they constantly pull bikes over and check them, usualy the exhaust first.

im looking for a road legal one that i can take the baffles out and would like a high rise system that still allows for use of the rear pegs.

would a road legal system have much benerfit over the original honda system? its now blowing from the left can from where the previous owner dropped infront his house, not the best start to a sale! but any way i got the bike regardless.

would the police easly tell i had taken the baffles out? or woul they just look at the road approved plate get back in there pig wagon and fuck off and deal with a real crime?

does any one know a good highrise system that has removeable bafles? and a good uk supplier / website that wont require shipping?

cant wait to get up and ride to college was bliss passing 4 miles of stand still traffic today, so many angry faces as i looked on passing them. :evillaugh:

Dano 02-03-2009 03:04 PM

Leo Vince SBK highmounts would be a good choice. 2 baffle systems on these, one in the ends of the cans, the others are a "dB killer" plate that goes between the midpipes and can inlets. With the db killers not installed and the end baffles in place, I think they are still in spec for the Euro noise standards. Once the end baffles are out, its a louder system, but still no where near the open pipe HD racket.

Hotbrakes 02-03-2009 03:05 PM

Laser, Leo Vince, and the late MIG all are made in Europe and meet Euro standards. I know Laser has removable baffles in some of their models.

If you could find the old MIG factory and score me a left mid pipe for a RC51 I would be very happy. I've got the right!

seb421 02-03-2009 03:05 PM

Also just to add i was looking for a System that realy Thumps and Growls!

i want to be shaking the windows of all those that get to close behind me at the lights.

Dano 02-03-2009 03:11 PM

Hmm. Not sure if the loudest systems like Devil, Two Brothers, Jardine RT-1 have removable baffles though. Perhaps others can chime in.

Tweety 02-03-2009 03:14 PM

Scorpion... UK made and has a removable E marked baffle... Also that's the most bassy system I have heard... Not quite as loud as D&D's and others... But the bass notes makes you eardrums meet in the middle...:)

Hawkrider 02-03-2009 11:01 PM

I can't believe nobody mentioned Staintune! They have removable baffles, look almost stock, quality is top notch, but they are a bit pricey. They come from AU so I don't know if UK gets a discount on that. :mrgreen:

mikstr 02-04-2009 05:54 AM

I believe the latest Blue Flame dual port systems also have removeable baffles and are road legal

captainchaos 02-04-2009 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkrider (Post 198666)
I can't believe nobody mentioned Staintune! They have removable baffles, look almost stock, quality is top notch, but they are a bit pricey. They come from AU so I don't know if UK gets a discount on that. :mrgreen:

+1 yeah I sold a pair of these not long ago. Got them for really cheap off ebay because the guy parting the bike out thought they were the stock mufflers ;) I didn't have the baffles but I had to try them on before I sold them and DAMN if they didn't have the best sound I've heard!