SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Ventura Bike Rack - maybe not the sportiest rack, but..... (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/ventura-bike-rack-maybe-not-sportiest-rack-but-32460/)

jerryh 08-23-2014 04:25 PM

Ventura Bike Rack - maybe not the sportiest rack, but.....

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 22508

Can't argue with that

VTR1000F 08-23-2014 06:01 PM

What a stupid post title. Shouldn't this be about the air conditioner mod? I can't even see the ducting. And, where's the generator? Under the seat? Super clean install. Nicely done.

thetophatflash 08-23-2014 06:12 PM

You'll need the "supersize" stator to run that puppy!

smokinjoe73 08-23-2014 07:31 PM

THIS POST IS AWESOME! I love this kinda stuff. BTW you can also carry a quarter keg of beer on the tank with a camping mat for padding if the AC doesnt cool you down.

Oh, fwiw, you blind spot mirrors are misplaced. They should be inboard where the mirror is otherwise filled with elbows, not on the useful mirror part. (just sayin)

brothermike 08-24-2014 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by VTR1000F (Post 377391)
What a stupid post title. Shouldn't this be about the air conditioner mod? I can't even see the ducting. And, where's the generator? Under the seat? Super clean install. Nicely done.

I just shot a little coffee out of my nose.:)

CrankenFine 08-24-2014 07:13 AM

It's not a beer cooler?

jerryh 08-24-2014 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by VTR1000F (Post 377391)

Thanks for the complements regarding super clean install...can't see ducting and generator. You failed to note that I accidently mounted it backwards. It's kinda hard to manipulate the controls this way while riding plus for some reason its blowing hot humid air on me. Back to the drawing board

jerryh 08-24-2014 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 377398)
THIS POST IS AWESOME! I love this kinda stuff. BTW you can also carry a quarter keg of beer on the tank with a camping mat for padding if the AC doesnt cool you down.

Oh, fwiw, you blind spot mirrors are misplaced. They should be inboard where the mirror is otherwise filled with elbows, not on the useful mirror part. (just sayin)

1/4 keg on the tank with a camelback hose to suckle..I like it. Put the fish eyes outboard so I can peek around the arms a bit

VTR1000F 08-24-2014 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by jerryh (Post 377420)
Thanks for the complements regarding super clean install...can't see ducting and generator. You failed to note that I accidently mounted it backwards. It's kinda hard to manipulate the controls this way while riding plus for some reason its blowing hot humid air on me. Back to the drawing board

Didn't fail to note, just assumed you were taking advantage of a low pressure zone and tail turbulence to promote flow through the unit based on fluid dynamics that are out of my reach. Guess I'm not as dumb as I thought. I also assumed you ducted the cold air output into and through the fairing rather than just using the stock output port, thus my compliments and awe.

Regarding the hot, humid air, just go faster - this will become a non-issue.

So, you're telling me it just blows cold out the back? Let's go for a ride. You lead.