SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   ugh.. been a while. (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/ugh-been-while-24520/)

dshakes 01-11-2011 12:44 PM

ugh.. been a while.

Hey fellas. Been way too long since i have been on here but the culprit would be divorce. Yep. Going through it. Its not a very bad one but she does have her eyes on my hawk which i guess makes it bad depending on who you are. I'll blow it up and total it off a cliff before i give it up. It puts a big smile on my face every time. Sorry to come back on a sour note but i had to come back and get my fix:rolleyes:

7moore7 01-11-2011 01:13 PM

Sorry to hear that, man.

Does she ride? If not, you may want to show her the going market value of a VTR these days, 'cause it may not be what she's thinking; There are probably other things that are worth more than 3K that make you smile less ;)

And good luck with everything...

kmm996 01-11-2011 01:25 PM

Should we say "sorry" or "congratulations" on the divorce. Not that its ever really a good thing. Hope you get through it alright.

RCVTR 01-11-2011 01:35 PM

Take it apart. Put all of the parts in milk crates.
Tell her the transmission went out and you had to get it home in the back of your friend's truck.

jbaxx 01-11-2011 03:14 PM

Just went through it myself bro. She was cool though, let me keep all of my bikes.

dshakes 01-11-2011 04:10 PM

haha! i should definitely take it apart and box it up. that would be funny. she just wants money. cant squeeze blood from a turnip huh? eh. id say congratulations..

RWhisen 01-11-2011 04:51 PM

I'll buy it off you for a dollar and sell it back to you for two.

VTRsurfer 01-11-2011 05:46 PM

Sorry to hear of your ordeal. I went through that 25 years ago, after being married 18 years. All I can say is that it gets way better. Hold firm on keeping your bike.

My ex said, "You can have the Olds Cutlass and the bike, I want the Porsche (1959 356 A coupe)". I was fine with that deal. My bike was more important to me than the Porsche at that point...and way less work to maintain.

ranchomice 01-11-2011 06:26 PM

Hey, that buying it for a dollar, and selling it back is not a bad idea! You may want to be careful what you put on here though, you never know what kind of snooping a lawyer will do! I hope you get through it with some sanity man. I've been there, not fun.

NooB 01-11-2011 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer (Post 290725)
Sorry to hear of your ordeal. I went through that 25 years ago, after being married 18 years. All I can say is that it gets way better. Hold firm on keeping your bike.

My ex said, "You can have the Olds Cutlass and the bike, I want the Porsche (1959 356 A coupe)". I was fine with that deal. My bike was more important to me than the Porsche at that point...and way less work to maintain.

:eek: Holy crap, those are worth some change. Well, if it was nice and restored I suppose.

To the OP, I really hope you don't have kids involved. My parents split up at exactly the wrong age for me. Lets just say it sucks in many layers for everyone involved. Here's to you finding greener pastures.

8541Hawk 01-12-2011 11:11 AM

And why is divorce so expensive??? Because it's worth it....... ;)
Good luck.....

nothing 01-12-2011 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk (Post 290781)
And why is divorce so expensive??? Because it's worth it....... ;)
Good luck.....

rofl :evillaugh::evillaugh:

ranchomice 01-12-2011 11:50 AM

I discovered the #1 cause of divorce, it's marriage! No man, there is no right age if there are kids, and it pretty much sucks, regardless. I not only went through it, I then had to pull my kids from school and tell them that there Mother had overdosed a year later.

VTRsurfer 01-12-2011 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by NooB (Post 290735)
:eek: Holy crap, those are worth some change. Well, if it was nice and restored I suppose.

It was very nice, eggshell white with oxblood interior, and it ran great after I rebuilt the motor and sent the transaxle out for rebuilding. The last time I saw it was about 16 years ago, sitting on 4 flat tires in her garage, where it had been for the previous 7 or 8 years. You need to know how to work on one, unless you're quite well off. I'd only paid $2500 for it in 1976.

I was single for 8 years before I met my wife (the keeper) in 1992. We have much more in common than I had with my ex. And almost 6 years ago, she said she wanted to learn to ride and get a motorcycle. She's now on her 2nd bike, an SV, and she's ridden over 37,000 miles. We ride several times a week.