SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   triple digit speeds??? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/triple-digit-speeds-9049/)

blackboyonhawk 06-29-2006 07:55 AM

triple digit speeds???

i was wondering if anyone can help me.... anytime I reach speeds upwards of 100 mph my rooster doesn't feel stable almost kind of wobbly.anyone know what can cause this. i have a set of brand new michelin pilot tires so i'm trying to figure out what's going on

willie 06-29-2006 08:52 AM

are your front forks raised in the triples?

blackboyonhawk 06-29-2006 09:07 AM

dont know bike is supposed to be stock but now it does sit higher than all bikes i ride with

superhawk22 06-29-2006 09:14 AM

If they were raised the bike would sit lower in the front. If they have been there would be a lot of fork tube exposed above the bars.

blackboyonhawk 06-29-2006 09:39 AM

well in that case it must not be raised for some reason it feels like its coming from the rear feels like im wiggling my ass a little bit fromside to side

Hawkrider 06-29-2006 02:01 PM

Set up your suspension! Do some research and/or get help from a friend. Without suspension modification to the VTR, there's 95% chance you won't get good sag numbers. Changing springs will buy you a change in valving to get good damping. I did Gold Valves on the compression side and am about to do my own personal revalve on the rebound side.

willie 06-29-2006 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkrider
Set up your suspension! Do some research and/or get help from a friend. Without suspension modification to the VTR, there's 95% chance you won't get good sag numbers. Changing springs will buy you a change in valving to get good damping. I did Gold Valves on the compression side and am about to do my own personal revalve on the rebound side.

Hey Greg,
When are you heading south again for a track day?

Speed_Demon 06-29-2006 05:13 PM

I'd say most likely rear wheel out of balance or bent. If you suspension is set too light for your weight it can wallow around too.

Hawkrider 06-29-2006 07:45 PM

It'll be a while before I do another track day down there. There are about 4-5 tracks within 3 hours of me. No need to travel 9 hours to VIR. I'd like to try Pocono and a few of the Canadian tracks up here first.

I'm not quite sure where I remember you from. There were a couple guys I spoke with at VIR in the last couple years. Were you the guy that was really fast on stock suspension?

willie 06-30-2006 04:57 AM

It'll be a while before I do another track day down there. There are about 4-5 tracks within 3 hours of me. No need to travel 9 hours to VIR. I'd like to try Pocono and a few of the Canadian tracks up here first.

I'm not quite sure where I remember you from. There were a couple guys I spoke with at VIR in the last couple years. Were you the guy that was really fast on stock suspension?

No that wasn't me.............were you at summit point a few weeks ago? 6/16?

I ride a gsxr 600 on th track & use the SH for commuting.........

Hawkrider 06-30-2006 12:08 PM

Nope, wasn't me. You got the wrong guy.

Hey, that's what I told the cops the other day!!! :)

J/K

vitter 06-30-2006 02:49 PM

I'd like to try Pocono and a few of the Canadian tracks up here first.

www.calabogiemotorsports.com

a new track 45 minutes southwest of Ottawa. not far from New York.
It is supposed to be paved this summer.

Hawkrider 06-30-2006 03:16 PM

THAT'S THE ONE I'M WAITING FOR!!! I visited their site several weeks ago. No new news of progress though. I like new tracks. I was one of the first to ride BeaveRun several years ago. NESBA track day was about 2 weeks after they opened. The runoff was mud and the "facilities" and office were out of a 14x60 single wide trailer! That's a fun little track though. Need to go back soon.

senecagreen 07-03-2006 05:45 AM

Have your steering head bearings checked to make sure they are good and set properly. If you are a new rider you may be inducing a wobble by hanging on to the bars too tight at high speeds. If you tense up and hang on real tight that can cause a wobble. And check rear wheel alignment.