SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Thanks Honda for the factory handwarmers. (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/thanks-honda-factory-handwarmers-17826/)

CentralCoaster 03-09-2009 04:42 PM

Thanks Honda for the factory handwarmers.

I wasn't prepared for cold riding with my dianese gloves, that are perforated between the fingers, not to mention thin and uninsulated.

But if you lean over the tank, you can easily get your hand inside the front fairing at each radiator. Alternate and repeat. i would recommend keeping your fingers against the backside of the plastic and not against the radiator though, not sure how hot that radiator is, but it's sharp and you don't want to damage it or your gloves.

Works great in a pinch. Next time I'll have heated grips installed.

zmaniv 03-09-2009 05:02 PM

Been doing that for a couple of months now on the way up to Temecula in the morning.

CentralCoaster 03-09-2009 08:44 PM

I've put 9000 miles on this bike in 7 months and yet I still manage to find something new everytime I'm isolated with it for long enough. Lovin' it!

VTRsurfer 03-09-2009 09:34 PM

My old CX500 had the best hand warmers...the Guzzi style valve covers sticking out just below the tank. Had NEP cruise control to allow better warming of right hand. Used them all the time while commuting in winter, especially at night.

RPV-Hawk 03-09-2009 09:43 PM

I use the SH's side mounted handwarmers everytime the temps make it necessary (and when traffic allows).

Reason 03-10-2009 10:15 AM

Yeah, I've been in the habit of grabbing the left radiator hose at stoplights whenever it gets chilly. Since I work evenings and ride home, that's more often than you'd think here. I wish the right one was a bit more accessible but since I'm at the stoplight anyway I can just reach over.

FL02SupaHawk996 03-10-2009 12:28 PM

I like to cook bacon and eggs on my rads on a cold morning in Florida, but not on the interstate cuz they blow off at any speeds over 70 mph:eek:

JamieDaugherty 03-10-2009 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by zmaniv (Post 204541)
Been doing that for a couple of months now on the way up to Temecula in the morning.

Are you doing the drywall up there at the new McDonalds?

Sorry, I just couldn't help pulling out an Office Space quote.

Byrdman 03-10-2009 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by CentralCoaster (Post 204534)
I wasn't prepared for cold riding with my dianese gloves, that are perforated between the fingers, not to mention thin and uninsulated.

But if you lean over the tank, you can easily get your hand inside the front fairing at each radiator. Alternate and repeat. i would recommend keeping your fingers against the backside of the plastic and not against the radiator though, not sure how hot that radiator is, but it's sharp and you don't want to damage it or your gloves.

yep done that a couple of times:)

Hotbrakes 03-10-2009 07:49 PM

Side mounted rads are the shit!

Pimpsterbim1 03-12-2009 09:43 PM

Ridding in 45-50 degree fall weather with just moto-X gloves, I figured this method out quick.. Works great.

Truckinduc 03-12-2009 10:05 PM

damn looks like im gonna be missing out on this one.

RCVTR 03-13-2009 05:05 AM

What's really cool is, in the summer, the inlet ducts blast a stream of cool air over your knees, forcing the hot radiator air to the outside. Try taking a glove off and feeling the difference. I used to stuff a rag in the inlets in the winter, to keep my legs warm.

Cleveland 03-13-2009 05:41 AM

As you're riding.. take you hands and drop them to the outside of the fairing where the Rads are (the holes you can see the rads through).. you'll find a great warm spot there, too. both sides zThe air exits the fairing there, and it's hot!.. just alternate hands. I do that when it gets down in the 20s (even gloves dont help that cold)