SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Thank you to the Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/thank-you-forum-33151/)

Thumper 04-28-2015 03:49 PM

Thank you to the Forum

1 Attachment(s)
I purchased my 98 VTR in 2000 and soon discovered the old RLZ sub web site for SuperHawk's and I i found a home. That site was replaced by this great site and i joined in 2004. In the early years i enjoyed the knowledge transfer and interest for this bike world wide here. I soon like others modified my VTR to improve the bikes function and use and to just tinker. As the years went on my interest diminished for the VTR toward something else.

Somewhere around 5 years ago i grew away from the VTR more toward smaller Supermoto's like my street legal CRF45R, then i purchased a big Supermoto KTM950SM that kinda replaced the VTR as it was a v-twin to boot with similar power, but more of an upright position i had grown to like. Well i then decided the CRF was just getting killed on the street and needed to go back to full dirt bike setup where it still resides today and i purchased a KTM Duke II 625 to round out the single Supermoto desire. Still only had one in-line 4 in my life (thus far) and my old CB750F supersport still looks longingly for me to ride her occasionally. Next the wife wanted a bike so in comes a SV650S that today has nice setup including complete GSX/R front end.

So all that said the VTR kept getting started occasionally and ridden even less, maybe 4 times in past 3 years. It just sat there, but i have a problem like most of us do. It's paid for, i got the space, so while sell it.

Well today i am sad and happy to say i sold the VTR to a new owner. Sad to see her go after 15 years of ownership and happy to see a new owners smile on his face with pure joy of owning her. Bike is in excellent condition and i am hopeful the new owner moving up from a Ninja 250 and 500 truly enjoys the bigger v-twin and takes care of my old girl.

So thank you to fellow members here for all the info that was and is shared. I will drop by from time to time to check on you guys, so don't purge my account (i am an old timer) and i hope you fellow VTR owners keep this good ole bike going for years.

Thumper in TN

P.S. I am hungry for a ZX10R with risers for sure - dreaming

Attachment 22080

scottiemann 04-28-2015 04:45 PM

that is a super clean bike, but I see your point, if your not riding it its too nice for no one to ride it. Hopefully that person finds their way to the forum and we can all see how two different people go about modding the exact same bike.

until next time, cheers

Wolverine 04-29-2015 10:06 AM

To this day there are only 2 bikes (the Multistrada & current 1290 SuperdukeR) that would make me consider selling my VTR. The question is will you have sellers remorse. Sounds like you won't with all those other steeds in your stable.

The ZX10R is thee most uncomfortable bike I have ever ridden, good luck with that!!

Ride safe, keep the rubber side down - shiney side up.
:draggin:

Wicky 04-29-2015 10:26 AM

Nice bins!