SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Superhawk996.net! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/superhawk996-net-17220/)

Hawkrider 01-13-2009 11:15 PM

Superhawk996.net!

Well guys, fukkin Roadrunner and Time Warner Cable decided to do away with my website. They moved the files (only the pics, music, and video, but I have backups of all the files) to a new system which only allows pics, music, and video) so Greg's Honda Literbikes Online is now officially dead.

Good news though, I bought the domain for www.superhawk996.net and the site should be up and operating within the week. I'll have a lot more storage space for pics, video, and whatever else I need.

I guess this means that I can never sell the Superhawk now, eh? :mrgreen:

The only shitty part is that it's costing $60/year but I plan on making it up with sticker and/or shirt sales in the future.

I'll let you all know when the site is up and running!

SUPERHAWK996.NET is UP and RUNNING!!!!!!!!

inderocker 01-14-2009 01:33 AM

BAD @$$! Can't wait to see it!

hawxter996 01-14-2009 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkrider (Post 195648)
Well guys, fukkin Roadrunner and Time Warner Cable decided to do away with my website. They moved the files (only the pics, music, and video, but I have backups of all the files) to a new system which only allows pics, music, and video) so Greg's Honda Literbikes Online is now officially dead.

Good news though, I bought the domain for www.superhawk996.net and the site should be up and operating within the week. I'll have a lot more storage space for pics, video, and whatever else I need.

I guess this means that I can never sell the Superhawk now, eh? :mrgreen:

The only shitty part is that it's costing $60/year but I plan on making it up with sticker and/or shirt sales in the future.

I'll let you all know when the site is up and running!

but you can recover that with ad's, correct?

if it is something you like doing its worth it also.
wish i only spent 60 a year in fuel.!

but again thanks for providing this!

Gregw 01-14-2009 06:16 AM

Hey Greg,
That sucks. I imagine that makes a lot of work for you setting things up on a new server. AOL did that to there Hometown sites. From what I saw, AOL didn't even warn their customers, just shut it down. (I'm not with AOL myself).

L8RGYZ 01-14-2009 07:25 AM

Thanks for keeping things going buddy.

Killemall 01-14-2009 09:14 AM

Indeed! Thanks a lot!

RickB 01-14-2009 09:49 AM

Yup, good old Time Warner shoves it up your a$$ every chance they get...

Gregw 01-14-2009 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by hawxter996 (Post 195656)

Greg's talking about his personal site, not this forum. It's been a while since I was there, but I don't recall him having any advertising.

Stevebis1 01-14-2009 10:53 AM

Also want to add my thanks and appreciation Gregs honda liter bikes. I was getting ready to PM you to find out what happened.
I am still relatively new to the Superhawk (got mine in September) and I am reading everything I can on it - In upstate NY thats about all I can do motorcycle related at the moment.
Thanks for going through the hassle of recreating it.

Hawkrider 01-14-2009 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Stevebis1 (Post 195690)
Also want to add my thanks and appreciation Gregs honda liter bikes. I was getting ready to PM you to find out what happened.
I am still relatively new to the Superhawk (got mine in September) and I am reading everything I can on it - In upstate NY thats about all I can do motorcycle related at the moment.
Thanks for going through the hassle of recreating it.

Hey guys, no problem at all. My way of giving back to the community, ya know? Steve, dude you know we're less than an hour away from each other! I'm just west of 'Toga. We need to ride this year! I'll show you some great roads up this way.

Originally Posted by hawxter996 (Post 195656)

Nope, no ads. I hate that shit. It's bad enough that we have 'em on this site but it has to be that way to pay for the operation of it. I'll give to the community with products like shirts and stickers and get a little bit back at a time.

Hawkrider 01-14-2009 01:14 PM

SUPERHAWK996.NET is UP and RUNNING!!!!!

k-d-williams 01-14-2009 01:19 PM

Thank you for all the great info.

Dan Cronin 01-14-2009 02:12 PM

RE: Stickers & Shirts

Not to jack the thread but could we get an update on how/where to look at the stickers and shirts? I agree it seems like a good way to help fund the efforts.

Thanks,

DanC

finepooch 01-14-2009 02:48 PM

nice site!

JamieDaugherty 01-14-2009 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkrider (Post 195699)
Nope, no ads. I hate that shit. It's bad enough that we have 'em on this site but it has to be that way to pay for the operation of it.

I use Doteasy for my web hosting. It's $25 per year with no ads either. Bummer I didn't know you were looking, I could have passed along part of my referral bonus to you!

Hawkrider 01-14-2009 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Cronin (Post 195714)
Not to jack the thread but could we get an update on how/where to look at the stickers and shirts? I agree it seems like a good way to help fund the efforts.

Thanks,

DanC

Dan, sure. No problem. You come up with the design, find a place local to me to get a quote, and I'll have the shirts and stickers made locally. Hell, if you want you can help pay for them too! </sarcasm> :flamethrower:

Come on now, seriously READ the friggin' thread! I JUST moved my website and hadn't planned on having to pay for hosting. This is something that just came up yesterday.

scarface 01-14-2009 04:18 PM

Glad you got it up and running!

Stevebis1 01-14-2009 06:05 PM

[quote=Hawkrider;195699]Hey guys, no problem at all. My way of giving back to the community, ya know? Steve, dude you know we're less than an hour away from each other! I'm just west of 'Toga. We need to ride this year! I'll show you some great roads up this way.

Hey thanks - I'm probably even closer than you think. I'm through Galway quite a bit in the summer heading up to Sacandaga. Also have a friend who works at Kesselring.
This is a great forum and your own site is really helpful too. I get the impression your expertise is for hire too? I have a dynojet kit to install this spring and it sounds like if you are willing your the guy I want to help with that.
Thanks again - now off to check out your new site

2wheelust 01-14-2009 07:15 PM

Great to hear the site (or a replacement) is back up and running. The old site was helpful and this one looks better.

Greg, I'll add my gratitude for your work on this site and your personal one. I can easily say this forum saved my VTR from getting sold. It is a great and unique bike but just a bit rough around the edges. With some of it limitations in stock form, me eyes were starting to wander!! But between the community and the info here, she's underway to becoming the bike Honda should have built!! It's too much fun being on twin that didn't cost my daughters 529.....

RCVTR 01-14-2009 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkrider (Post 195648)
I plan on making it up with sticker and/or shirt sales in the future.

SUPERHAWK996.NET is UP and RUNNING!!!!!!!!

I'll take one of each.

Waht does this mean for SHF.com?

VTRsurfer 01-14-2009 07:56 PM

Greg, if each member mailed you 2 cents, I think you'd have it covered.;)

Glad to hear you're back online. T-shirts and stickers will be popular items.:wootwoot:

Otto Man 01-14-2009 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by RCVTR (Post 195775)
I'll take one of each.

Waht does this mean for SHF.com?

Was wondering the same thing. I know many (including myself) still want some Super Chicken swag, and the admin thing is still posing a problem here. It's obviously totally up to him, but if you already got the website, get a forum like this running, have the supporter accounts to mainly pay for the site operation costs, and a small store. A perfect example of this is zx-10r.net.

Hawkrider 01-15-2009 03:37 PM

Nah, I have no intention with competing with this forum. It's established and well-run. Besides, there's too much programming and admin shit for my liking to try to run my own personal forum.

Erik S. 01-16-2009 04:02 AM

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ine=1232071690

It's clickable. Congrats Greg!

Hawkrider 01-16-2009 07:40 AM

Got it! Thanks. I meant to do that, and I probably did, but I keep redesigning the logo. I think I've finalized it now though.